It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Public Enemies Question #22 ~ Public Enemies The Movie
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:01 pm 

What Dillinger scenes are you most looking forward to seeing in the movie? What scenes are you most excited about seeing on film other than those with Dillinger?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:16 pm 

I am rather hoping to see Johnny putting on an apron again and doing the dishes :lol: I think that might challenge a few preconceptions. Any of his escapades really. A bit of vaulting in the bank, a bit where he puts on the charm so that the girl has something to lie on on the floor. And the bit where he is talking about making a movie. I can't say I'm very bothered about other characters. But I am intrigued about how Purvis will be portrayed as D's opponent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:24 pm 

At the risk of sounding morbid, I am really curious as to how Michael Mann will handle the scene of Dillinger's death. I think I'll enjoy any scenes of Johnny with Marion Cotillard too.

And, I'm still awaiting news as to who will be cast in the role of Hoover.

. . if you simply try to tell the truth you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it. --C.S. Lewis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:45 pm 

The leaps over the counter in the bank scenes, yes! :bounce: and the escape from Crown Point. I am also interested to see Johnny portray Dillinger's interaction with his father and sister.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:11 pm 

Just FYI...you will get a chance to add your :twocents: as far as casting so keep thinking about that. I just know Mr. Mann is waiting for our input! :hatsoff:

There are so many scenes! Not just with the characters but all the period clothing, cars, sets, etc. I'm also looking forward to seeing how many of the real locations from the time will be in the film since there are so many rumors about where filming will take place.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:09 pm 

Crown Point for sure (pg. 236):
Dillinger shoved Cahoon back toward the cell block.
'Contrary to what people say,' Dillinger said as they walked, 'I'm no killer. But I'm gonna get outta here.'
'They'll kiil you before you get halfway down the hallway.'
'Watch me,' Dillinger said.

Little Bohemia of course.

The bank robbery where BFN shoots up the place amidst the tear gas.

And I really hope they keep the scene in where Billie teaches Johnnie to dance. (pg 156):
He couldn't really dance but reluctantly allowed Billie to show him a step or two. :cloud9:

And there's a scene that has the best line in the book, IMO, where the Dillinger gang has to make a hasty exit from one of the apartment buildings in St. Paul and everybody's blasting away - cops, FBI, gangsters - in the hallways and outside the building... People are ducking and running for cover all over the place... Amidst the chaos Dillinger and Billie sneak out the side door and into the Hudson... Billie gets behind the wheel and hits the gas... And Dillinger says:
'Slow down! Slow down! You'll attract attention.' (pg 271) :rotflmao:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:22 pm 

There are several things I really want to see how Mann deals with in the film. How the scenes with Hoover will be portrayed? The robbery scene where JD kills the policeman. Will they show Dillinger as a murderer or give him reason for returning fire? I am looking forward to the chemistry between Johnny and Marion in the scenes with Billie. And how they portray Purvis, will he be a match for Dillinger or a bungler? What will Christian Bale do with the role? I know I will enjoy the crooked grin and Dillinger personality with Johnny becoming the character.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
 Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:55 pm 

I'll agree with doing the dishes scene, wrapped in a towel. :-)
Dancing? You bet! :dance:
Looking forward to Johnnie ( JD ) the clothes freak - buying all those cool suits! And the escape from Crown Point, which I'm sure will be in the movie. And wasn't there a fun day in Chicago when they road the roller coaster? I'm not so sure about the ending. . . Dillinger riddled with bullets.

As for being excited about seeing others on film... I guess I look forward to seeing the human side of the "criminals" - with them playing, having fun, enjoying what they have, and in Dillinger's case giving away money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:08 pm 

nebraska wrote:
The leaps over the counter in the bank scenes, yes! :bounce:

Ditto, nebraska !!!! Wonder if Johnny will attempt those himself or if a stunt man will take over.

The interaction with Billie (Marion) will be fantastic. Dillinger was a real charmer with the ladies and I KNOW that Johnny will be over the top !!!! :cloud9: :bounce:

I'm absolutely dying to know who will portray Hoover... Mann sure has a tight lid on that !! :-/

I'm right there with you Lady Jill with the dancing ... need not be anything "fancy", but would absolutely adore seeing Johnny do a little two step. :yahoo:

I'd rather have a moment of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special. April 7, 2008

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:56 pm 

As well as wanting to see all of the aforementioned, I'm anxious to see how the Dillinger plastic surgery is handled. Actually, I'm interested in seeing the 'before'....I guess Johnny will have to have a big chin dimple. :-O It should be fun to see how they change his look. And I think it'll be yucky-interesting to ride along with Bonnie and Clyde and experience just how 'glamorous' their lives really were.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:03 am 
JDZ Moderator

gemini wrote:
There are several things I really want to see how Mann deals with in the film. How the scenes with Hoover will be portrayed? The robbery scene where JD kills the policeman. Will they show Dillinger as a murderer or give him reason for returning fire? I am looking forward to the chemistry between Johnny and Marion in the scenes with Billie. And how they portray Purvis, will he be a match for Dillinger or a bungler? What will Christian Bale do with the role? I know I will enjoy the crooked grin and Dillinger personality with Johnny becoming the character.

What she said.

And, Betty Sue, I, too, want to see the plastic surgery scene. Crown Point and Little Bo are deppinately at the top of my wish list. And as DITHOT said, I REALLY want to see all of the authentic locations, although, I'm sure that won't be practical in all cases.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:58 pm 

I'm looking forward to:

The bank robberies

Dillinger's relationship with Billie and with his family

Dancing

How Purvis and the FBI are portayed

Dillinger's interaction with the gang members

The cars and the back roads

The escape form Crown Point Jail

The costumes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:36 pm 

And as a woman who is totally captivated by Johnny Depp's amazing good looks and charms :cloud9: , I can't wait to see him in the beautiful clothes from the time period he loves......the more pictures I see of him in his emerging Dillinger-eqsue persona, the more eager I am. Add a little swagger and a grin, and I am a goner!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:08 pm 

Sort of makes you wonder why this role has taken so long to come around! It's just perfect casting!

Wow! What a ride!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:43 am 

I love the time period of the '20's and '30's so the entire movie will be a treat for me. However, specifically, I'm interested in the bank robbery scenes and how they plan to portray Dillinger. I know the focus is primarily on him, but if they include all the Enemies that are in the book, I'd like to see their interpretation of the Kansas City Massacre, Little Bohemia, the capture of Bonnie and Clyde, Fred and Ma Barker, and of course, Dillinger. I'd like to see a little bit on Karpis, I don't think it was much of an accident that he was the last one captured, he was much more intelligent than the others.

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2  Next