WOW . . . Johnny Depp says "Thank you" to the Zone

Give in Johnny's honor and support a great hospital for children.
Ingrid 3

Unread post by Ingrid 3 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:44 pm

Wow, how could have I missed this post yesterday :-O I'm sitting here in shock for an hour allready ... speechless,
it's just wonderfull of Johnny to send a letter :love:Thank you Johnny!
I'm so very proud of you all !
Joel:"That's the movies, Ed. Try reality." Ed:"No thanks." Northern Exposure

SweetSam

Unread post by SweetSam » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

I have been so in awe of this man more & more lately, and NOW THIS ...makes me :tear: with JOY :heart: :heart: :heart:
We, you, the Zone, the GOSH, and Johnny Depp all deserve many many :thanks!:s :angel: :angel: :angel: :grouphug:
Depp: It's true. I don't sing along to music.
Q: "Brown Sugar" comes on …
Depp: I might sing a little harmony. I might air guitar. Drumming. I like to drum.

'ello, Beastie! — CJS, DMC
I wish to be moved. — JD as JW

johnnybloom

Unread post by johnnybloom » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:10 pm

Wow!

Best Christmas gift ever.....

Johnny knows a good thing when he sees one and obviously he knows The Zone is a good thing.

I have known it since the beginning and he obviously see's it too.

Although I did not donate any money to the project(limited income....) I wish to thank all that did.

I also wish to thank Johnny for taking time out of his busy life to acknowledge those things in his life that really matter and to send a letter to the Zone.....what a prescious gift he is to the world!!!

And what a prescious gift The Zone is to all of us who love and respect such a wonderful man.

I hope I made sense, I am still on cloud 9 with the letter, the Premiere pictures and to top it off the Esquire shoot...

A wonderful week for Johnny's admirers.
~3~
"Three is a sort of special number for me. It's a very creative number.
Triangle, trinity-you know, how two people make another person.
Three is a MYSTICAL, MAGICAL number."
~~ Johnny Depp~~

namaste

Unread post by namaste » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:52 pm

Charlie wrote:It was a pleasure and a privilege to be involved and give to this cause, thanks or no thanks, none required

so this is just beyond words
Exactly Charlie, no thanks was required, or expected, or even thought about and that's why this letter leaves me speechless.

Cesar'sSusie

Unread post by Cesar'sSusie » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:38 am

Just got home from a week of house/pet sitting and what do I find? A 'Thank You' letter from Johnny, signed by Johnny and to all of us here at the Zone for doing something we all would have done anyway, because we ARE generous and kind people!!!

Again, Thank you, Natalie for getting this donation together and all your hard work on organizing and contacting GOSH to deliver the funds donated. :bouquet:

CONGRATS! To All Zoners for being a part of this wonderful, heartfelt contribution to GOSH.

Don't those three "X's" represent kisses? Then doesn't that mean we've All been KISSED by Johnny!?! :yikes: :thud:
"He's that and a whole lot more," said his driver. "He's a wonderful guy. I'll tell
you firsthand, he's a great man."
. . .and the Golden Globe goes to . . .
Johnny DEPP, for Sweeney Todd-The Demon Barber of Fleet Street!

Roux~Gal

Unread post by Roux~Gal » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:14 am

Thank you so, so very much for sharing that wonderful letter from Johnny. :thanks!: I've reread the letter 5 times already :noodlemantra:. I am literally giddy :bounce: over the fact that Johnny took the time to acknowledge the wonderful contributions that the ZONE donated to GOSH.

He truly is a wonderful man and I am so proud to be called a Johnny fan :grin: .
"I just attract a lot of oddness". ~ Johnny Depp

Well, do you like me now? Do you like me now? Do you like me now? Do you .. like......me now? ~ John Wilmot, 2nd Earl of Rochester from The LIBERTINE.

sparrowsangel

Unread post by sparrowsangel » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:24 am

Wow, I'm speechless. What a man.

This is so sweet of him.

samantha

Unread post by samantha » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:52 am

:love: I was going to cry to start to read this thread...and ,I couldn't stop my teardrops to stand in my eyes as I read Johnny's warming letter and his aoutgragh with XXX! :innocent:
It was such a pleasure to donate to the Great Ormond Street Hospital, and a very unexpected gift to receive this letter from Johnny.

:cloud9: Johnny!!Thank you for taking your time to write us !
What an amaging man you are!You always grab our hearts by your natural action. :cloud9:

And I'd like to say thank you to Part-time-poem and to all of Zoners! :grouphug:
I'm very proud and happy to join here in Johnny DEPP ZONE!

I never forget this! :angel:

My heart is still wavering with emotion. :love:
M:You're my knight in shimmering armor.Did you know that? G:I think you mean shining. M:No. You shimmer and you glow.

SqueakyDoor

Unread post by SqueakyDoor » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:20 am

Ptp, having read this unbelievable letter from Johnny himself seems a bit surreal, but I am sure it must have been tenfold for you! Thank you so much for diligently making this site all that it is - a class act. :bouquet:

Congratulations to all of you who took part in this worthy cause. You all are so generous of heart and spirit. It is people like yourselves who make life a pleasure! :grouphug:

Johnny is surely one the most thoughtful and kind people anywhere, celebrity or otherwise. He makes you want to be a better person, doesn't he?
"I'll come around sometime and get that squeak outta your door."

Susanne

Unread post by Susanne » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:16 am

Congratulations to PTP and all of us. Very exciting stuff. Johnny is a class act. In a big way.
I love the way his letter is typed with the same font as appears on the IN website. Old courier - very cool. Very cool. Everything just right. Like that.
And in his sorrow a new man was born.

stroch

Unread post by stroch » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:48 am

Something to think about:

The salutation read "To Natalie and All at the Zone" -- not the Johnny Depp Zone. He must have actually looked around and read more than a few posts, to realize that we all refer to this site as the Zone.

I know he's seen the signs at premieres, and spoken to members, and knew it existed, but this just seems very intimate -- like he's one of us.

Too incredible. If it's true, I'm glad he did, and that he knows the respect we have for him.
I'll buy you the hat....a really big one.
St. Roch -- patron saint of pilgrims

storminla

Unread post by storminla » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:30 pm

I'm touched... speachless... a puddle on the floor.

I would never have believed an organization like ours would receive such a personal acknowledgement. But we did and l am soooo inspired by everyone's reaction. What touches me most is how Johnny's letter, and the Zone activities leading up to it, shows what a difference small acts of selflessness and kindness can mean to others. AND how small kindnesses can multiply. Its one of the crucial things that make life worth living.

Thank you Natalie and all of those who organize and operate this site. Thank you for providing a place for kindred spirits to commune, to support one another, and make a difference in other people's lives.
If it doesn't inspire passion, is it worth doing?

Angelina

Unread post by Angelina » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:14 pm

Oh…I have no words. I am so happy for you, dear girls, Sleepy, PtP, Joni, Theresa, Shadow, Liz, DitHoT, all moderators, and “All at the Zone”! As many Zoners said already, I’m proud to be an admirer of such a kind, noble and wonderful man, and I’m proud to be a part of such a wonderful place. Image

stroch wrote:Something to think about:

The salutation read "To Natalie and All at the Zone" -- not the Johnny Depp Zone. He must have actually looked around and read more than a few posts, to realize that we all refer to this site as the Zone.
Stroch, I had the same thought. I'm afraid to believe… I’m sorry last time I was a little “biting” to him. I have to think more about the fact, that he can get critics, reproaches and a grumbling without us in any moment and in any quantity, but from us he needs only a warm and love…

Baxendale Guitar

Unread post by Baxendale Guitar » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:40 pm

:cloud9: It is for a great cause and I am so happy that he sends his "utmost love and respect" to all of us here on the Zone.
I am not surprized by the letter at all. He is a very kind and shows how much he appreciates the generosity that we here have for him. :twohearts: :hatsoff:
We love him and his family very much and I hope and pray that all is well. I hope that he knows that all of us Zoner's adore and appreciate him very much. :cloud9:
Thanks Natalie for being such a great leader here on the Zone!
We appreciate you very much.
:hug: :grouphug: :thanks!:
~ “There's nothing - you know - nothing else like music. Nothing that touches us on that, uh, that deep level. Music can open up so many emotions that we didn't know we had. Music touches us, emotionally, where words alone can't.” JohnnyDepp~

johnnybloom

Unread post by johnnybloom » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:50 pm

I have been thinking non stop about the letter ever since I read it yesterday.

The words that keep echoing in my brain are:

"I am honored and humbled by you all."

That is the greatest complipent we all could recieve from such a wonderful man.

And the closing:

"With utmost respect."

It feels good that he knows we respect him and it feels good to know he returns that respect!
~3~
"Three is a sort of special number for me. It's a very creative number.
Triangle, trinity-you know, how two people make another person.
Three is a MYSTICAL, MAGICAL number."
~~ Johnny Depp~~