It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




 Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Happy Birthday ONBC! ~ Post Your Thoughts Here
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:50 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:43 pm
Posts: 10376
Location: Austin
Image

Welcome to ONBC’s 4th birthday party! :happybday:

Whether you are new to our board or a familiar avatar we are glad you are here to help us celebrate. :highfive:

To commemorate our anniversary we would like to hear from you! :zoner:
Do you have a favorite memory? :heart2: A favorite book? :noodlemantra: A favorite discussion? :ONBC: We will leave the thread open for a while so feel free to come back and post your thoughts any time. :writer:


Thanks to all of you for making our 4 years at the Zone so special and memorable. We love what we do but we couldn’t do it without the insightful words, wit and wisdom of all our Noodlemantras past, present and future. :bouquet:

Thanks to all of you for your participation and contributions.
You are ONBC!
:grouphug:



_________________________________________________________
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:46 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 6226
Location: Denmark
ImageImageImageImageImage

:hatsoff: My hat is off to you ladies who moderate this book club. :hatsoff:
I have the greatest respect for the enormous ammount of work you do :pray:

I have a favorite memory :cloud9:
I met my dearest friend here almost a year ago :heart:



_________________________________________________________
"BE the change you want to see in the world" Mahatma Gandhi

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate" Captain Jack Sparrow :twohearts: :grouphug:
Offline
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:25 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:53 am
Posts: 5354
Location: Missouri, USA
Image
Image Image Image Image Image


DITHOTbaba & Lizbaba, what can I say I have wonderful memories of being part of great book discussions here, and great memories of sitting the sideline while other Noodlemantras shared their thoughts. I can't tell you how much I miss not being a part of some the discussions that have been going on, or even just sitting sideline. Know you're all in my thoughts, and please keep a place for me, I'll be back as soon as the viciously jealous school monster turns me loose. ;-)

From my salutation can you guess my favorite book discussion memory? Rock On ONBC!!! :ONBC:

Live in Depp
Boo



_________________________________________________________
"With this hand I will cup your.... Oh goodness no!"~~Victor Van Dort

"The theater is my drug, and my illness is so far advanced that my physic must be of the highest quality."~~John Wilmot
Offline
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:27 am 
JDZ Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:13 pm
Posts: 12379
Location: The Left Coast
Constance wrote:
I have a favorite memory :cloud9:
I met my dearest friend here almost a year ago :heart:


Well, Constance, it just doesn’t get any better than that……I know from experience. :grin:

Thanks for your appreciation.
:bouquet:



_________________________________________________________
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:36 am 
JDZ Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:13 pm
Posts: 12379
Location: The Left Coast
Boo-Radley wrote:
DITHOTbaba & Lizbaba, what can I say I have wonderful memories of being part of great book discussions here, and great memories of sitting the sideline while other Noodlemantras shared their thoughts. I can't tell you how much I miss not being a part of some the discussions that have been going on, or even just sitting sideline. Know you're all in my thoughts, and please keep a place for me, I'll be back as soon as the viciously jealous school monster turns me loose. ;-)

From my salutation can you guess my favorite book discussion memory? Rock On ONBC!!! :ONBC:

Live in Depp
Boo


No fair, Boobaba. Now you are testing my memory. It's not been the best lately. I would say it was The Libertine. ....and a fine book discussion to be sure! We miss you, Boo. But we will save a spot here for you for when you return. :disco:

BTW I'm really liking these ONBC logos you ladies have made. How do you do that?



_________________________________________________________
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:56 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:14 am
Posts: 145828
Location: UK
Congratulations on four years, I have enjoyed all the discussions I've had the pleasure of taking part in, even the ones that were rather beyond my poor little grey cells. Thanks also for widening my reading. I haven't recently joined in, I needed a break and the titles didn't interest me but hopefully that will change and I look forward to joining some more discussions in the future. Here's to many more years :toastingpirates:


Offline
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:23 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:30 pm
Posts: 56946
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
CONGRATULATIONS ON 4 YEARS OF ONBC
I'm a loyal lurker overhere at ONBC.
ONBC got me back to reading English books again and I'm still happy with that.
Inamorata is my favorite memory as it was the first book I read. The tidbits for that book made me want to read it. Since then I've read several of the other books that has been discussed.



_________________________________________________________
Art has to be forgotten: Beauty must be realised ~ ~ Piet Mondriaan (1872 -1944)
Offline
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:39 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:53 am
Posts: 5354
Location: Missouri, USA
Liz wrote:
Boo-Radley wrote:
DITHOTbaba & Lizbaba, what can I say I have wonderful memories of being part of great book discussions here, and great memories of sitting the sideline while other Noodlemantras shared their thoughts. I can't tell you how much I miss not being a part of some the discussions that have been going on, or even just sitting sideline. Know you're all in my thoughts, and please keep a place for me, I'll be back as soon as the viciously jealous school monster turns me loose. ;-)

From my salutation can you guess my favorite book discussion memory? Rock On ONBC!!! :ONBC:

Live in Depp
Boo


No fair, Boobaba. Now you are testing my memory. It's not been the best lately. I would say it was The Libertine. ....and a fine book discussion to be sure! We miss you, Boo. But we will save a spot here for you for when you return. :disco:

BTW I'm really liking these ONBC logos you ladies have made. How do you do that?



Lizbaba, I am being much surprised at you...Shantaram is of course...but I am also thinkinng The Libertine, is being very close number two. :lol:

As far as the logo goes, sadly I can't take credit. One of our lovely Zoners {sorry can't remember who :dunce: } made them with her own two hands.

Btw, thanks mate for holding me a spot. :pirategunshot:

Live in Depp
Boo



_________________________________________________________
"With this hand I will cup your.... Oh goodness no!"~~Victor Van Dort

"The theater is my drug, and my illness is so far advanced that my physic must be of the highest quality."~~John Wilmot
Offline
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:05 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 6226
Location: Denmark
Liz wrote:

BTW I'm really liking these ONBC logos you ladies have made. How do you do that? [/color][/b]

I'm pretty sure Pandora made them. It's embarrassing to have to admit that I am not 100% sure :blush:
If I am wrong, someone please correct me :dunce:



_________________________________________________________
"BE the change you want to see in the world" Mahatma Gandhi

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate" Captain Jack Sparrow :twohearts: :grouphug:
Offline
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:22 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:30 am
Posts: 2503
Location: Colorado
:happybday: ONBC!!

I'm loving the book covers too - a fine job!
Having only participated in the discussions for a year, I have to say my favorite book (and book cover) is Happy Days. I'm still catching up on the others, being ever so grateful to have such a marvelous list of must-reads!

GOOD JOB, LIZ & DitHoT!!! Your hard work is deppinately appreciated!:noodlemantra:



_________________________________________________________
"Belay that! ...Do something else!" ~ Hector Barbossa
savvy avi by mamabear
Offline
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:46 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:50 pm
Posts: 2059
Location: Olney, Maryland
I have enjoyed all of the discussions. Even when I didn't like the book (or felt like it was a chore to get through), someone else would love it, and enrich my life with her perspective. You are all amazing. :cool:

I can never choose favorites, though. The only favorite I have is a favorite actor. :blush:
:libertine: :sands: :captainjack: :sweeneydepp: :wonka:


Offline
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:22 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:30 pm
Posts: 56946
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Constance wrote:
Liz wrote:

BTW I'm really liking these ONBC logos you ladies have made. How do you do that? [/color][/b]

I'm pretty sure Pandora made them. It's embarrassing to have to admit that I am not 100% sure :blush:
If I am wrong, someone please correct me :dunce:


They are 100% sure made by Pandora.



_________________________________________________________
Art has to be forgotten: Beauty must be realised ~ ~ Piet Mondriaan (1872 -1944)
Offline
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:58 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:03 pm
Posts: 15231
Location: Darkest UK~ Down in Albion
Liz, three and a half years ago I asked you a question that you must have been asked many times both before and since, that is could you provide a reading list of books linked to Johnny. It was my very first post on these boards. You answered it promptly and comprehensively, and quoted useful pieces to help me on my way. Since then I have read nearly all of what was on that list, and through ONBC, a whole lot more. Without that list and your interest perhaps I would not have discovered that I enjoy writing fiction myself, a thing that is an increasing joy to me.

So a heartfelt thank you, and, of course, congratulations.



_________________________________________________________
Work hard, learn well, and make peace with the fact that you'll never be as cool as Johnny Depp. GQ.

Solace in the flood
Offline
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:42 pm 
JDZ Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:13 pm
Posts: 12379
Location: The Left Coast
Endora wrote:
Liz, three and a half years ago I asked you a question that you must have been asked many times both before and since, that is could you provide a reading list of books linked to Johnny. It was my very first post on these boards. You answered it promptly and comprehensively, and quoted useful pieces to help me on my way. Since then I have read nearly all of what was on that list, and through ONBC, a whole lot more. Without that list and your interest perhaps I would not have discovered that I enjoy writing fiction myself, a thing that is an increasing joy to me.

So a heartfelt thank you, and, of course, congratulations.


Oh Endora, that is so cool! But I'm sure your gift of writing was just waiting for the opportune moment to present itself. I have to say that I am indebted to Johnny for providing a list of books that I never would have considered on my own. They have expanded my view and taught me so much and allowed me to get to know all of you.



_________________________________________________________
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:58 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:53 pm
Posts: 3664
Location: Watching old movies with Sam
:happybday: ONBC!!!

Many thanks to the ONBC! I have read many of the books because of it!

Love the book covers! They're great!!



_________________________________________________________
Tis not an easy thing to be entirely happy, but to be kind is very easy, and that is the greatest measure of happiness.
-John Wilmot, Second Earl of Rochester
Offline
 Profile  
 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


phpBB skin developed by: John Olson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group