It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Gonzo Way by Anita Thompson
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:42 am 

I have found info on two appearances Anita Thompson will be making in the near future to discuss her new book, “The Gonzo Way”. I also noticed you can request a signed copy from The Tattered Cover Book Store. Whether that means you can order one and have it sent, or that it will be waiting for you at the store I’m not sure but I have emailed them to find out. Thanks to Charlene for the info! :cool:

The Tattered Cover Book Store
Time: Wednesday, August 1, 2007 7:30 PM
1628 16th Street at Wynkoop in Denver, in the restored Morey Mercantile Building, directly across Wynkoop Street from the new EPA building next to Union Station just blocks from Coors Field. Hourly parking lots are located near the store and streetside parking is also available.
The zipcode is 80202.
Local phone number: 303-436-1070
Local fax number: 303-629-1704

Anita Thompson began working as Hunter S. Thompson's assistant in 1999. In 2000, she moved in and three years later they were married. Thompson will discuss and sign The Gonzo Way: A Celebration of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson ($14.95 Fulcrum). In The Gonzo Way, Thompson pays tribute to her late husband as a writer and as a citizen, through her own words and through interviews with those who knew him best, including Tom Wolfe, George McGovern, and Douglas Brinkley. With elegant prose and entertaining anecdotes, she reveals a Hunter Thompson who was much more than a mere embodiment of sex, drugs, and rock-and-roll.

Source:
http://www.tatteredcover.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp;jsessionid=abcdUgZSbvW7-hJ5ocLpr?s=storeevents&eventId=353157

ANITA THOMPSON on "The Gonzo Way: A Celebration of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson"

Date & Time: Monday, August 6, 2007

7:00 PM
1644 Haight Street
San Francisco, CA 94131

More Info: 415-863-8688
www.booksmith.com

Source:
http://sanfrancisco.tribe.net/event/ANITA-THOMPSON-on-The-Gonzo-Way-A-Celebration-of-Dr-Hunter-S-Thompson/san-francisco-ca-94131/c625c1ed-0c31-4bea-afcc-b559263511ae

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:01 am 
JDZ Moderator

Thanks for the heads up, DITHOT. Yippee! It's too close to me to pass up. :bounce:

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:43 pm 
JDZ Moderator

I'm glad to read this, oh ladies of the ONBC! I've had an order in with amazon Canada since the end of December. Their delivery estimate was July 5th to July 9th, so it's good to see things happening!

By ordering early, I saved a little over a dollar. The price has gone up a wee bit since December.

It's cheaper through amazon (both US and Canada) but I'd certainly pay the extra for an autographed copy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:25 pm 

I did hear back from The Tattered Cover Bookstore in CO. They have a copy set aside for me to be signed and will ship it to me after the event. They said they cannot guarantee the author will sign every copy that has been requested but I was going to buy it anyway so I'll support the local effort. I'm not sure how the cost will differ from Amazon.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:50 pm 

The Tattered Cover has an email address for placing orders too:
books@tatteredcover.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:37 pm 

Thanks Parlez for the email address... I inquired this morning and was very promptly answered that the store still has some signed copies.

I called and they will be shipping one out to me today. :cool:

I'd rather have a moment of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special. April 7, 2008

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:48 pm 

The Tattered Cover is known for their excellent, personal customer service, which includes having books on hand! There were more than enough copies of The Gonzo Way in the store Wednesday for the signing, and I'm sure Anita signed them all. She mentioned that Hunter often shopped at the TC and loved Denver's unique independent book store. I'm glad you got a signed copy, Lucky13! Enjoy! :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:14 pm 
JDZ Moderator

I'm hoping Booksmith has enough copies to go around. I'm thinking of getting there a tad early to purchase the book. How much prior to the event did you arrive, Parlez?

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:58 pm 

For larger events, the Tattered Cover gives out numbers for seating, but for this signing they did not. They recommended we arrive about 45 minutes before the event, which we did, and we were among the first ones there. By the time 7:30 rolled around the place was just about filled to capacity (and they have a nice, large space set aside for signings). If I were you, I'd get there as early as possible...afterall, there's no place like a book store in which to kill time, right?
:noodlemantra:
Oh, and don't forget to pick up one of the GONZO buttons at the signing!!!

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]