It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Desiderata ~ Stanza 7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:44 pm 
JDZ Moderator

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:12 pm 

Hi Ladies!

Love this thread!

Didn't Capt Teague say to Jack something about not just living long but living with yourself?

Guess I will have to do more research!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:14 pm 

I think Jack had this "going on". Didn't he employ the namaste gesture? There was certainly noise and confusion whereever Jack went, yet his goal of getting his Black Pearl back never changed, and he was always at peace with himself as he could always explain his trickery away with "Pirate".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:20 pm 

Charlene wrote:
I think Jack had this "going on". Didn't he employ the namaste gesture? There was certainly noise and confusion whereever Jack went, yet his goal of getting his Black Pearl back never changed, and he was always at peace with himself as he could always explain his trickery away with "Pirate".

Yes! Jack is always true to himself and able to aim for his goal, even in all of the confusion and strife all around him. His eye was always on the prize, as it were.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:43 pm 
JDZ Moderator

Raven wrote:
Hi Ladies!

Love this thread!

Didn't Capt Teague say to Jack something about not just living long but living with yourself?

Guess I will have to do more research!

That he did, Raven. :thumbsup: And nice to see you. :wave: It's been a while.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:44 pm 

The last line makes me wonder about how Jack has so much confusion going on, but in the end everything calms out. So I think that if anybody started to freak out over some conufusion then nothing would settle, if they let things take a path and calm it would all work out fine. :cool:

Profile YIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:47 pm 
JDZ Moderator

Heather_Hanson wrote:
The last line makes me wonder about how Jack has so much confusion going on, but in the end everything calms out. So I think that if anybody started to freak out over some conufusion then nothing would settle, if they let things take a path and calm it would all work out fine. :cool:

I like that thought, Heather.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:48 pm 

Liz wrote:
Heather_Hanson wrote:

I like that thought, Heather.

Thanks, I do too. :grin:

Profile YIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:02 am 

Be at piece with God whatever you conceive him to be
Jack certainly believes in the afterlife but seems to want to avoid it as much as possible. He has seen too many things not to believe in miracles so he is looking for one to delay his meeting with his maker. Must have a guilty conscience. Keep peace with your soul..... I think Jack under all his "Take what ya can and leave nothin behind" talk has a big soul. He always does the right thing in the end and Elizabeth was right....he will find he is a good man.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
 Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:06 am 
JDZ Moderator

gemini wrote:
so he is looking for one to delay his meeting with his maker. Must have a guilty conscience.

Gemini, I thought of Davy Jones' Locker as somewhat of a hell....or maybe that was more like a purgatory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:18 am 

Liz wrote:
gemini wrote:
so he is looking for one to delay his meeting with his maker. Must have a guilty conscience.

Gemini, I thought of Davy Jones' Locker as somewhat of a hell....or maybe that was more like a purgatory.

I have heard it mostly described as purgatory but remember Tia described it as worse than dead like Barbossa was. So maybe it was hell. Regardless as Jack says, he has settled that debt.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
 Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:47 pm 

It reminds me not only of Teague's comment about living with yourself but also Davy Jones's question in DMC about how he feels about sending Will to serve his sentence for him and Jack replying he's good with it.
It also reminds me of what has happened to Davy Jones. Because of not keeping true to his given purpose, he has corrupted himself. Cutting his heart out and the transformation. Also Tia and Davy, in not being true to their love for the other. Each of them has betrayed their love and has to bear the physical and emotional scars of that.
Funnily enough, it also reminds me of Captain Beckett in the sense that at the end, there is certainly that noisy confusion all around him and the way it is filmed, it is though he is floating down through it as he descends the steps, to finally be consumed by the flames. For him it is the moment of reckoning for his soul and in all that confusion, there is the moment of quiet and stillness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:40 pm 
JDZ Moderator

suec wrote:
It reminds me not only of Teague's comment about living with yourself but also Davy Jones's question in DMC about how he feels about sending Will to serve his sentence for him and Jack replying he's good with it.
It also reminds me of what has happened to Davy Jones. Because of not keeping true to his given purpose, he has corrupted himself. Cutting his heart out and the transformation. Also Tia and Davy, in not being true to their love for the other. Each of them has betrayed their love and has to bear the physical and emotional scars of that.
Funnily enough, it also reminds me of Captain Beckett in the sense that at the end, there is certainly that noisy confusion all around him and the way it is filmed, it is though he is floating down through it as he descends the steps, to finally be consumed by the flames. For him it is the moment of reckoning for his soul and in all that confusion, there is the moment of quiet and stillness.

:ohyes: Good point. I had thought of Beckett in the first stanza but not in this one.

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]