It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Darlene Cates Q&A ~ #21
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:03 am 

I’m sad to say that today is the last post in our Q&A with Darlene. :bawl: Thank you to everyone who submitted questions. Your interest and involvement is what keeps ONBC going! :thanks!:

Many, many, many thanks to Darlene Cates for her generosity of time and spirit and for her willingness to participate in this project. Darlene, I hope you can tell from our responses to your answers how much love and respect is being sent your way. You are truly an inspiration and we love you! :flashingheart:

Has your life or your feeling about yourself changed since being in the film? What are you doing now?

As you can see by my answer to the previous question, I have indeed had dramatic changes in my view on life. I no longer worry about what strangers think of me and I have proof that I am a child of God. I do public speaking, most recently at a size related event called Big As Texas, and at the Dallas VA Hospital taking part in a seminar on taking care of large patients. I always am behind on fan mail and I am involved in many aspects of my church. But mainly, I am involved with my grandsons. They are my heart and soul walking around outside my body! I try to go to every soccer game, band concert, play and spelling bee I can. Sometimes, especially in the summer, it is just too much to go anywhere. But I always try. It would be too easy to stay at home and become like I used to be.......how Bonnie was for that matter.

I want to thank all of you for giving me the opportunity to share my thoughts with you on this momentous time in my life. I have read some of the boards and am so touched by your kindness and support.
Blessings to you all.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:06 pm 

Thank you Darlene for taking the time to share your answers with us.

You are an inspiration by your example, through strength and kindness.

I wish you much happiness. Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:11 pm 

Thanks so much Darlene! You are so kind to do this for us, we really appreciate it. Last night, I had to watch WEGG, and when I did I started to cry. You are fantastic, and wonderful. Great Job, Bravo, and Way to Go!!!

Profile YIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:12 pm 

Although I haven't commented on the questions, I've read every one and have been so impressed by Darlene's kind and positive spirit. Thank you, Darlene, for giving us all an insight into the film and your experiences, and thank you too, Liz and DITHOT for organising the WEGG discussion. It's another book I would never have read if it wasn't for ONBC, and I would have been all the poorer for it.

So thanks again, all of you.

Solace in the flood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:13 pm 

I have faithfully watched for each question and enjoyed reading your answers. I am very grateful that you volunteered to be a part of ONBC, which is one of my favorite places in the zone. I loved the movie and, like Endora, would have missed reading a great book if not for the Noodlemantras discussions. I am so glad that Liz and DITHOT go out of their way to approach people like you to join us here. Thanks again Darlene.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
 Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:06 pm 

:applause: I can't thank you enough for answering all our questions, Darlene! What an insight we have now into the filming of WEGG, which will enhance our enjoyment even more when viewing this movie. I think how well the cast and crew got along came through and added to the charm of the movie. I am so happy to hear that you are living a full life now, which sounds like it is filled with fun, especially keeping up with your grandsons' activities. :bouquet: and :hatsoff: to you! It has been a pleasure, and we send you much :smiliewithhearts: !

Thanks again, Liz and DITHOT, for all your efforts in organizing this! A job well done! :applause2:

Post subject: Re: Darlene Cates Q&A ~ #21
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:26 pm 
JDZ Moderator

Darlene Cates wrote:
They are my heart and soul walking around outside my body!

Such a beautiful way to describe your grandsons, Darlene! :cloud9: They are very lucky to have such an involved grandma like you. :angel:

I feel so fortunate that we could reach Darlene and that she agreed to do this Q&A. Darlene, you are a class act! :notworthy:

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:35 pm 

Darlene, your answers have just been great.....so honest and hilarious and touching! It's been wonderful getting to know you and wonderful to know you're doing well! I can surely relate to the difference some grandsons can make in one's life! :flashingheart: Thanks so much for your super participation and thanks to our moderators for their usual terrific job! :bouquet:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:33 pm 

Location: Kentucky (KY); birthplace of Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson
Darlene, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and feelings, as well as your experiences on the movie WEGG. I've enjoyed reading your responses. I so appreciate you taking the time. You have a very generous and open spirit. Take care and best wishes. :lilyrose:

Liz and DITHOT, thanks go to you too, for putting all this together. Great job Noodlemantras. :ONBC:

:thanks!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:20 pm 

Like Endora I havent commented yet in this thread but surtenley read them.
Thanks so much for taking the time and share your feelings with us.
You are a wondeful woman and definatley a child of God :hug:

Lots of luck and love for you,greets,
es

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:43 pm 

I want to add my thanks, too, Darlene. As someone said earlier, it has been great getting to know you - because that's what it feels like we did. I really do appreciate your openness and honesty and feel truly honored that you took the time to answer. All my best wishes to you.

And, as always, thanks to our fearless, tireless moderators, Liz and DITHOT, for another job well done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:57 pm 

I want to add my thanks to , Darlene , I've read all the threads during this weeks and there were great questions and wonderfull answers ! Thank you so much for taking your time to do this :goodvibes:
God bless you :bouquet:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:15 pm 

Wow! It is lovely to know that things are so much more positive for you. I think you are a great inspiration, to know that positive turn can be just around the corner, especially not knowing how a venture may shape up or influence us, such as with WEGG. Thank you so much for taking part in this. I have enjoyed reading your answers very much. And it sounds a sthough your grandsons are lucky to have you as a grandma

Best wishes :bouquet:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:21 pm 

Darlene, I don't know what else I can add to what has already been said. Thank you for honoring us by sharing your thoughts and feelings and experiences. I wish you all the very best! I hope you will continue to monitor the Depp Zone and our book club from time to time. This is a great group and I think you would fit right in!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:01 am 

Can't say anything more that has already been said here.
So just a simple THANK YOU for everything! :thanks!: :bouquet:

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2  Next