It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:38 am 

Thanks for the idea, gemini. It may help me keep up with the discussion/dissection. I just ordered the book yesterday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:39 am 

:reader: I'm really exited! I just got my long awaited copy of TPAOL in the mail today,
and I can't wait to start reading it.
If I can stay away from the Zone long enough to actually get any reading done. :lol:
I'm just having so much fun here. I feel like a kid in a candy store :rotflmao:

gemini wrote:
Hi ladies :ONBC: I cant wait to start the discussion on this one. I think it will be great.

After seeing how into depth we get in our discussions I started making myselft a word document as I read. Sort of like taking notes. I list the characters and anything distinctive about them and then I write a little paragraph after I read every one or two chapters.

Its handy because you can change it or update as you discover things and its great to refer back to when we start dissecting. (Notice I said dissecting not discussing) :grin: I also did it because I didn't buy all the books we are discussing and I'll have something to refer back to in case I can't get it again at the library. TPAOL has so many little things to remember I think it will come in handy.
:reader:

:noodlemantra: What a great idea! Thanks for sharing that :writer2:

Amaranth wrote:
I'm not completely sure how ONBC works.

Me neither, but I can't wait to find out! :ONBC:

By the way. Beautiful artwork on the cover :bouquet:

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate" Captain Jack Sparrow :twohearts: :grouphug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:13 am 

gemini wrote:

I just finished Inamorata and Gilbert Grape while we were having a little break. I loved them both. :reader:

I am reading Inamorata right now, gemini, and am having trouble putting it down in favour of TPAOL. It is so good!

Too many books...
So Little time!

I need Johnny to quit reading and watch more TV for a little while, until I can get caught up! :-O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:31 am 

I realized tonight that I'd not ordered a copy of TPAOL - and just completed my order. It's supposed to ship on Tuesday, so hopefully I will have it by the end of next week. I need to start reading so I can keep up during our searches & dissections. :sherlockholmes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:19 pm 

Constance and Amaranth, the basic format is that Liz and I will post tidbits for several weeks before the discussion. The tidbits will give you extra information on the author, setting of the story, or other pieces of information we hope will enhance your understanding of the book. Then we will post one question per day, usually around 30 questions, and ask you all to give your ideas on that topic. Please feel free to ask us if you have any questions. We are glad you will be joining the discussion! :bounce:

Jennak and thatgirl, you should have plenty of time before the discussion starts to finish. Jennak, I loved Inamorata too! Be sure and check out our tidbits and discussion.
:cool:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:53 pm 

Thank you DITHOT.

I look forward to it! :reader:

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate" Captain Jack Sparrow :twohearts: :grouphug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:11 pm 

Amaranth wrote:
Wow you guys are dedicated to your books! Highlighting? Making notes? *faints* I just read :dunce: Maybe it'd be a good idea though, I'm not completely sure how ONBC works.

Your not alone. I am always amazed on what our Noodlemantras get out of our books. they pull things out that flew sky high over my head. :noodlemantra:

Today is a gift....Have Fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:59 pm 

:ONBC:
Reading this book is wonderful. I can't stand anything else I have to do, until I get this read. I am halfway through and like some other members in here, I've been taking notes on words, locations, things to look up. I have also marked passages which I think really shine. I hear echoes and see shadows of things I'll just call, "That's something Johnny." :applause2: A theme I've seen in his films. I am sure many of you are more aware of it than I, having read some of his other book choices.
Thank you all who have put this club together and work on it to make it so good! :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:36 pm 

Xaxis, we do see realted things from book to book just like the films. Thanks for the compliment, but it is our Noodlemantras that make us a great book club!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:29 am 
JDZ Moderator

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:
Xaxis, we do see realted things from book to book just like the films. Thanks for the compliment, but it is our Noodlemantras that make us a great book club!

Right you are, DITHOT. It’s their enthusiasm, insights and dedication that keep us going. :cloud9:

Constance wrote:
:reader: I'm really exited! I just got my long awaited copy of TPAOL in the mail today,
and I can't wait to start reading it.
If I can stay away from the Zone long enough to actually get any reading done. :lol:
I'm just having so much fun here. I feel like a kid in a candy store :rotflmao:

gemini wrote:
Hi ladies :ONBC: I cant wait to start the discussion on this one. I think it will be great.

After seeing how into depth we get in our discussions I started making myselft a word document as I read. Sort of like taking notes. I list the characters and anything distinctive about them and then I write a little paragraph after I read every one or two chapters.

Its handy because you can change it or update as you discover things and its great to refer back to when we start dissecting. (Notice I said dissecting not discussing) :grin: I also did it because I didn't buy all the books we are discussing and I'll have something to refer back to in case I can't get it again at the library. TPAOL has so many little things to remember I think it will come in handy.
:reader:

:noodlemantra: What a great idea! Thanks for sharing that :writer2:

Amaranth wrote:
I'm not completely sure how ONBC works.

Me neither, but I can't wait to find out! :ONBC:

By the way. Beautiful artwork on the cover :bouquet:

Thanks, Constance. :love:

And Gemini, I’m impressed! Thanks for sharing those great ideas. :notworthy:

And Jennak, I liked Inamorata, too. :cool:

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:15 am 

It's such a moving,memorable book..It stayed with me for months after I read it..It left me with such a strong visual impression..Very confronting too...not the least of which is it's portrayal of that particular time...I love your artwork Liz :cloud9: ..Johnny is our act of love,in a way.. :cloud9: So I found your cover very appropriate :cloud9:

I have faith in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:06 am 
JDZ Moderator

Thanks Gilly. I would prefer to look at the title that way, yes. :cool:

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3