New Year News at ONBC

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

New Year News at ONBC

Unread postby Liz » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:23 am

Happy New Year, Noodlemantras.

Hope all of you are enjoying the holidays. Mine and DITHOT’s have been extremely busy. In fact, our days have been so full with festivities, family obligations and power outages, that we are a tad behind on preparations for The People’s Act of Love. You know how real life can be. :-/

So unfortunately, tidbits will not begin on Tuesday, as promised. :blush: Look for them to appear no later than January 8, though. But keep a sharp eye :-O ……It may be sooner.

Other bits of business:

Parlez has informed us that TPAOL is now available in paperback in her neck of the woods. It’s in mine too. So if you haven’t purchased your copy yet, you should be able to get it cheaper now. Thanks for the heads up, Parlez. :thanks!:

The Monday Night Thread will take place on January 8. We look forward to seeing you there in 2007. :hope:

In the meantime, have a safe and happy New Year's Eve. :cool:

Liz & DITHOT
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Parlez

Unread postby Parlez » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:46 am

:bounce: I LUV your cover, Liz!!! That's perfect!!
I'll be returning from across the pond on the night of the 8th, so I'll have something to look forward to
(besides sleep) when I get back!
HAPPY NEW YEAR, Noodlemantras!! :reader:
Cheers,
Parlez
"Belay that! ...Do something else!" ~ Hector Barbossa
savvy avi by mamabear

gemini

Unread postby gemini » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:53 am

Don't worry Liz and DITHOT, we don't want either of you short changing your holidays. You give enough of your time to ONBC. We can wait.

For those of you anxious for a little about the book, I found a rather fantastic review on TPAOL but would not reccomend it for those who have not finished reading the book. It covers every aspect so well that it would spoil reading the rest of the book. For those who have finished the book it is well worth reading.
http://books.guardian.co.uk/reviews/gen ... e_continue

Happy New Years Noodlemantra's. Be safe.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Angelina

Unread postby Angelina » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:20 pm

Great New Year News! I'd love to read your tidbits about this book, and wait this discussion very much. But, of course, have great holidays, dear Noodlemantras, before of all. And the cover is beautiful!

Happy New Year!!! Image
I don't think I have any enemies, really. The scariest enemy is within, allowing yourself to conform to what is expected of you~ Johnny Depp, PE junket in Japan

thatgirl

Unread postby thatgirl » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:02 pm

LIZ & DITHOT,
I'm looking forward to spending the year reading, researching & learning with you.

I hope you're both enjoying your holiday celebrations! See you in 2007. :-)
My eyesight's as good as ever, just so you know. ~CJS

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:39 pm

Thanks for understanding, Noodlemantras. This is such an amazing book we really want to be prepared and do it justice with our discussion! :cool:

To all of you....

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Depputante

Unread postby Depputante » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:32 pm

Happy New Year ONBC!
I'm looking forward to the New books even if it starts with a trek to a Siberian Jail and back in TPAoL ! I'm up for it and awaiting the wonderful tidbits and discussion questions any time our ONBC-babas are ready. The process you've both made is worth the wait! Thank you!
“The scariest enemy is from within. Allowing yourself to be limited and conform to what you're expected to conform to.”~JD

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:24 pm

LOVE that cover art!!!!!!!

This has been a busy holiday season for me as well and I certainly know a lot about "being behind". I am just finally having a chance to get my breath and attempt to get things somewhat back on an even keel myself this weekend, so I can sure identify with the need for a delay. Don't give it a second thought, the schedule is really more like ......er, guidelines! anyway. :capnjack:

I am going to be searching through the "stuff" I have accumulated around here, hoping that I might have a hard copy of the Perfume tidbits. I have been printing out tidbit material for quite some time to make it mobile for reading on lunch breaks in the park, etc. I thought I had done that way back to book number one, but so far no luck finding said tidbits. I will keep searching -- and tossing clutter as I go.

Have a safe holiday, Noodlemantras! Here is Nebraska it is snowing and blowing and nasty :bawl: -- after a high temperatures in the mid-50s yesterday. I guess it had to happen sooner or later.

rainbowsoul

Unread postby rainbowsoul » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:56 pm

Great cover art, Liz :lol: :lol:

I started to laugh as soon as I clicked open this topic. I hope to be a more active participant in this discussion than the last one- life sometimes sure gets in the way of my having fun :blush:

TPAoL has actually been available in paperback in Canada for several months for anyone looking for it up here.

Happy New Year to Everyone!
No! Not Barker. That man is dead. It's Todd, now. Sweeney Todd. And he shall have his revenge...

Veronica

Unread postby Veronica » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:49 pm

No worries Luv I havent started it yet.
Everything is always okay in the end,
if it's not, then it's not the end.

Today is a gift....Have Fun!

ibbi 3

Unread postby ibbi 3 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:50 pm

I love the cover Liz !

Happy New Year to the ONBC ~

I look forward reading the tidbits and discussion :cool:

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:38 am

Glad y'all liked the TPAOL Banner. Hope you can all join us for the discussion. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

suec

Unread postby suec » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:16 pm

Happy New Year everyone!
No worries mate about deferring. I am look in forward to it all, and enjoying the anticipation.
And don't we have a lot to anticipate this year! :bounce:
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:29 pm

I'm actually glad for a few extra days to finish my book -- and I think I'm going to need all the tidbits you guys can come up with on this one.

Great cover art , Liz!

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:13 pm

I hope they help, theresa. I always learn a lot myself when I'm doing the research. :-O
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Announcements and Calendars”