It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Sweeney Todd Question #21 - The Cast
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:33 am 
JDZ Moderator

Who would you cast in the other parts? I’m listing the parts from the Sonheim version here. But if you feel Tim might use others from the Pitt play, feel free to add them.

Anthony

Johanna

Tobias

Judge Turpin

The Beadle

Jonas Fogg

Lucy

Last edited by Liz on Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject: Re: Sweeney Todd Question #21 - The Cast
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:44 am 

Anthony --Orlando Bloom

Johanna -- Winona Ryder

Tobias -- Michael J. Fox

Judge Turpin -- Michael Keaton

The Beadle -- Johny Vegas

Jonas Fog -- Borat looks ok.

Lucy -- Kate Moss

:-? Hard question. Don't put me in the casting department! I don't know enough actors!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:28 pm 

I can't really visualise anyone particularly, I wonder though if Tim might encourage Freddie Highmore to play Tobias, he would probably be about the right sort of age, don't know if he can sing though and he might be at the voice breaking stage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:23 pm 
JDZ Moderator

Depputante, I love your choices. I forgot to add Lucy to the list. Thanks for remembering her. I think Borat is playing Pirelli, though, isn’t he? Or am I confused? :-?

GG, I've thought of Freddie Highmore also. But he seems too young somehow for the role. But it never would have occurred to me to put Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser) in the role either; and he was wonderful!

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:26 pm 

GG, did you watch Bleak House on TV? what about the lad who played Joe the crossing sweeper as Tobias?

The judge and the beadle should be oily... Jim Broadbent?

Solace in the flood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:32 pm 

Depputante wrote:

:-? Hard question. Don't put me in the casting department! I don't know enough actors!

That's me, too.......mr. nebraska is not a movie fan so I rarely go...when Johnny has a new movie out I trek to the theater, several times, usually all by me onesies... and then not again until the next Depp event.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:25 pm 

nebraska wrote:
Depputante wrote:

That's me, too.......mr. nebraska is not a movie fan so I rarely go...when Johnny has a new movie out I trek to the theater, several times, usually all by me onesies... and then not again until the next Depp event.

Hey Nebraska, Mr.Depputante ain't no cheerleeder! Takes him about 10 minutes to fall asleep. :-/ I have kiddies at home, so started my DVD collection a while back.

I managed to see DMC three times. A new movie record for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:01 pm 

Endora wrote:
GG, did you watch Bleak House on TV? what about the lad who played Joe the crossing sweeper as Tobias?

Yes, I did see it but don't recall him.
Isn't Jim Broadbent already cast?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:50 pm 
JDZ Moderator

Gilbert's Girl wrote:
Endora wrote:

Yes, I did see it but don't recall him.
Isn't Jim Broadbent already cast?

I'm so out of it. I missed that one. And I've never heard of him. :blush: So just in case I'm not the only one....

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.nndb.com/people/092/000063900/broadbent-sm.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.nndb.com/people/092/000063900/&h=298&w=240&sz=19&hl=en&start=13&tbnid=Go_Pp10yZBbvDM:&tbnh=116&tbnw=93&prev=/images%3Fq%3DJim%2BBroadbent%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:25 pm 

I've wondered what Johnny and Freddie were talking about in that get together in the pizza place,in New York ?, a little while ago...I always thought it was about a possible film role..Apparently Cyndi Lauper has auditioned for Tim.This was prior to Helena being cast..http://filmexperience.blogspot.com/2006/10/cyndi-lauper-to-star-in-sweeney-todd.html....Michael Gambon would make a good judge..though I don't know if he can sing :capnjack: I have a feeling that we may get some real surprises with the cast..I expect a few singers ,with little acting experience might be cast.. How about Tom Petty,David Bowie, :cool:

I have faith in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:08 pm 

Well I arrived home late today to see if I could get in a quick answer without too much deep thinking. This question has just blown the wind out of my sails. I can barely think of any supporting actors much less ones that can sing. Duh?

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
 Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:13 pm 
JDZ Moderator

gilly wrote:
I've wondered what Johnny and Freddie were talking about in that get together in the pizza place,in New York ?, a little while ago...I always thought it was about a possible film role..Apparently Cyndi Lauper has auditioned for Tim.This was prior to Helena being cast..http://filmexperience.blogspot.com/2006/10/cyndi-lauper-to-star-in-sweeney-todd.html....Michael Gambon would make a good judge..though I don't know if he can sing :capnjack: I have a feeling that we may get some real surprises with the cast..I expect a few singers ,with little acting experience might be cast.. How about Tom Petty,David Bowie, :cool:

Oh yes! David Bowie for the Judge. But Michael Gambon would do. And I think Cyndi Lauper would make a great Johanna. Or maybe Madonna. I have to admit I have been totally stumped on this one. I think it is because I am not all that familiar with British actors or Broadway stars. Speaking of Harry Potter, maybe Harry himself (Daniel Radcliffe) or Rupert Grint (Ron) for Tobias.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:53 am 

gilly wrote:

I think you'd find David Bowie has rather alot of acting experience. :lol: I believe he can currently be seen in The Prestige.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:57 am 

Liz wrote:
gilly wrote:

Oh yes! David Bowie for the Judge. But Michael Gambon would do. And I think Cyndi Lauper would make a great Johanna. Or maybe Madonna. I have to admit I have been totally stumped on this one. I think it is because I am not all that familiar with British actors or Broadway stars. Speaking of Harry Potter, maybe Harry himself (Daniel Radcliffe) or Rupert Grint (Ron) for Tobias.

there have been alot of youngsters doing the Billy Elliot stage production they might be up for the role you never know. As for either of the above playing Johanna I think they are a little old, since Madonna is older than Johnny especialy not sure about Cyndi.
Maybe Martine McCutcheon haven't heard from her since she did Love Actually. But she is young and has experience with musical theatre.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:23 am 

We seem to be having a bit of a tough time with this, at least I certainly am. Good thing Tim is in charge! :lol:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2  Next