Gangemi Q&A #9

Author of INAMORATA

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Gangemi Q&A #9

Unread postby Liz » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:22 am

What part of Margery’s story drew you in and convinced you to write the novel?

Gangemi:
I just found the whole endeavor touching and a little heartbreaking in a way -- that eminent men of science would even embark on such a futile investigation. As I read the articles on the real investigation, I kept thinking about those committee men sitting around in the dark in their suits, holding hands, listening to a Victrola. It seemed to sum up in a way both mysterious and moving and a little sad all the ways we desperate little human beings confront the terrifying notion of our demise. As for why I was drawn to Margery-- the idea of a woman channeling her beloved brother's ghost seemed poignant to me. Also, I'm a sucker for a good (ill-fated) love story, so the opportunity to put a beautiful tragic heroine in my story was too irresistible to, well, resist.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:18 am

I am not responding to every one of the author's answers, but I have been reading all of them. I just want to say that I find his writing for us at ONBC every bit as beautiful (maybe even more) than in his book. And it is obvious he has put much thought into creating his story and into answering our questions. Thank you, Mr. Gangemi! We are very priveleged to have you among us.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:44 pm

nebraska wrote:I am not responding to every one of the author's answers, but I have been reading all of them. I just want to say that I find his writing for us at ONBC every bit as beautiful (maybe even more) than in his book. And it is obvious he has put much thought into creating his story and into answering our questions. Thank you, Mr. Gangemi! We are very priveleged to have you among us.

I'll second that, nebraska. It has been very valuable to be able to read his insights and we thank him for sharing them with us! :cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Joseph Gangemi”