Monday Night Thread ~ Welcome to 2006!

Moderator: Liz

Still-Rather-Timid

Unread postby Still-Rather-Timid » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:57 pm

Liz wrote:SRT, somehow I missed your post. I'm glad your dad is now back to normal. :cool:

That's okay, Liz! Thanks, and it's good to be back. I'm hoping I find time to read Inamorata; it really looks interesting, and this semester I'm teaching a film course instead of a dreadfully-long-novel course, so I should have more time to read for pleasure, and join the group again. :hope:

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:01 am

Still-Rather-Timid wrote:
Liz wrote:SRT, somehow I missed your post. I'm glad your dad is now back to normal. :cool:

That's okay, Liz! Thanks, and it's good to be back. I'm hoping I find time to read Inamorata; it really looks interesting, and this semester I'm teaching a film course instead of a dreadfully-long-novel course, so I should have more time to read for pleasure, and join the group again. :hope:

Glad to hear it, SRT. We look forward to seeing you here more often. And will this film course entail any Johnny films?
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

BrownEyesToo

Monday Night Thread~Welcome to 2006

Unread postby BrownEyesToo » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:18 am

Liz and DeepInTheHeartOfTexas, I am looking forward to Inamorata discussion, especially Q & A with the author. Got the book at the library several weeks ago, now must get my nose in it. The ONBC is so well done-I enjoyed lurking there alot. Now I am happy I can be a part of it. :reader:
"Johnny Depp, as far as I'm concerned, is number one. Of his generation, there's no one who can touch him." Christopher Lee

Krin

2006!

Unread postby Krin » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:09 am

Another very late new year's greeting! :toastingpirates:
Unfortunately, I spent the New Year's holiday (and all week for that matter) working late. Things should start to settle down for me now. I am really looking forward to seeing The Libertine next week - it seems like I have been tracking it for an eternity! I haven't seen any commericals for it, but I am going on blind hope :hope: -- it will be here.
I have no new resolutions this year, I finally figured out that it just sets me up for failure! The only resolution I make now is to try and be the best person I can be, to listen and learn and contribute something (I know it may sound corny).
However, there are a few things I would like to do this year:
1) Attend a premiere (DMC would be wonderful);
2) Visit the UK :uk: Although my grandparents were from there, I have never had the opportunity to go.; My brother is there now. (His 3rd visit) :rolleyes: And I love reading all the posts from the zoners in the UK (and the rest of the world I haven't been to see);
3) FIND A NEW JOB; :pray:
4) Be more active the with Zone.
Thanks for listening!
KRIN

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:57 am

krin, :welcome: to the Zone and to ONBC. Those are fine goals, to be sure.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

ibbi 3

Unread postby ibbi 3 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:17 am

SRT ~ glad to read your dad is doing "well" as he can be again :chill: you had some stresstimes times , hope the new Year will be better !

Welcome BrownEyesToo and Krin ~
Joel:"That's the movies, Ed. Try reality." Ed:"No thanks." Northern Exposure

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:53 am

Hi Krin! Always nice to see new faces here at ONBC! :bounce:

BrownEyesToo, glad you will be joining us for the Inamorata discussion and we are very glad you delurked!
:cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Return to “The Monday Night Thread”