Johnny's Bracelet

Give in Johnny's honor and support a great cause.
itsnotmytree777

Unread post by itsnotmytree777 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:35 pm

I just noticed the bracelets increased in price today to $45. :eyebrow:
" Do you like me ... now? "
" I don’t really know what to say anymore about Michael Jackson, other than he’s really a fine dancer. "

depprespect

Unread post by depprespect » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:02 pm

itsnotmytree777 wrote:I just noticed the bracelets increased in price today to $45. :eyebrow:
I just went and checked, and yes, they did raise the prices.

FANtasticJD

Unread post by FANtasticJD » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:19 pm

itsnotmytree777 wrote:I just noticed the bracelets increased in price today to $45. :eyebrow:
Disappointing but you can't blame them for taking advantage of the goldmine of Johnny fans.
“Who wants to be normal when you can be unique?”
Helena Bonham Carter

Charlene

Unread post by Charlene » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:25 pm

They may not be trying to get more money ~ it may be costing them more. I have a business and I swear every time I place an order to restock, the price has gone up. I seldom pass it on to my customers (as it costs too much to reprint brochures, etc.), but believe me, everything is increasing....and I swear if I hear "it's because of Hurricane Katrina" one more time, I'll scream.

depprespect

Unread post by depprespect » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:25 pm

Try to consider that there might be a valid reason for the price bump. Perhaps the cost of the materials (the leather and silver) went up and it was no longer feasible to sell them at the old price - especially with sales and interest increasing. Still, it would have been nice if they had posted a warning that the original price offered was about to expire thus helping those who were on the fence to make up their minds.

Depputysue

Unread post by Depputysue » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:42 pm

I ordered my bracelet Dec 13 and it arrived today! And I live in NC. It really is pretty. I ordered the single braid "today is a gift" and when I first say it I thought it might be too small, but once I got it on, it's fine. (my wrist measures 6 1/2") I'm thrilled with having a bracelet like Johnnys, thrilled with the reason he has it and the fact that he inspires us to do good things! Very special thing to share I think. Thanks CharlotteinCA for letting us know about it. :cloud9: Susan
What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same.
Only love........

mamabear

Unread post by mamabear » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:10 pm

Depputysue wrote:I ordered my bracelet Dec 13 and it arrived today! And I live in NC. It really is pretty. I ordered the single braid "today is a gift" and when I first say it I thought it might be too small, but once I got it on, it's fine. (my wrist measures 6 1/2") Susan
I ordered the same one on Dec 14 and it arrived today also. My first impression was also that it was quite small, but it's just right once I got it on. My wrist is 6 1/4".
CharlotteinCA, thanks for posting the informatioin!

cindy

Unread post by cindy » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:56 pm

Got mine yesterday! It is beautiful and the sentiment behind it is precious. I too thought it looked a bit small but if fits perfectly. And on a selfish note, just knowing that Johnny has one too makes it that much more special for me. By the way, I think I have found a place that will make a leather cuff like Johnny's. I sent them a picture and she said she could do it for about $30.00. When I hear back from them I will let you know...if anyone is interested.
...if you don't like it, I promise I'll stop.
Questioning, exploring and investigating everything yourself; that's the key. Never give up. ~Johnny Depp
...I put it 'round you know.... John Wilmot

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:10 pm

cindy wrote:Got mine yesterday! It is beautiful and the sentiment behind it is precious. I too thought it looked a bit small but if fits perfectly. And on a selfish note, just knowing that Johnny has one too makes it that much more special for me. By the way, I think I have found a place that will make a leather cuff like Johnny's. I sent them a picture and she said she could do it for about $30.00. When I hear back from them I will let you know...if anyone is interested.
Thanks Cindy on the info regarding the leather cuff.
I would be interested as well. The price is very reasonable. :cool:
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

mamabear

Unread post by mamabear » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:31 pm

cindy wrote:By the way, I think I have found a place that will make a leather cuff like Johnny's. I sent them a picture and she said she could do it for about $30.00. When I hear back from them I will let you know...if anyone is interested.
Yes, please do share. I've found a place in the next town over that does custom leather work, but haven't actually priced one yet.

QueenofKings

Unread post by QueenofKings » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:23 pm

My bracelet came today and I am wearing it. I love it. I got the silver one and I'm not taking it off.

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread post by Theresa » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:29 pm

My bracelet came today, too. It's the double strand leather one and it's wonderful. And it's on my wrist to stay!

kristen

Unread post by kristen » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:32 pm

Congrats to those who have the bracelet! I wonder, Theresa, how does the double-one fit? I heard from someone else that it was too large, but I don't know which you ordered. :eyebrow:

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread post by Theresa » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:41 pm

It is big, kristen.

I like my bracelets loose and this one is definitely loose. I'm going to have the clasp taken off and a small silver ring put on instead. I think just that slight reduction will help the fit. And I don't need the clasp -- if I ever take it off, it will just slide over my hand.

kristen

Unread post by kristen » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:19 pm

Thanks, Theresa :cool: Hopefully I can get one someday - looks like a beautiful piece of jewelry and of course it's a worthy cause.