It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:59 pm 

:cool: Thanks Liz for jotting down some notes to share with us!! Glad you and all the ladies had a blast! Too bad that Johnny was not able to discuss Dead Man, but a night to definetly remember! I have enjoyed reading all the lovely reports that have been coming in, only wish I could have been there. :cloud9: Can imagine the feeling of seeing Johnny in person, certainly a dream come true! :heart2:

~Melinda~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:04 pm 

Thank you all for posting your photos, thoughts, memories and sharing it with the rest of us. I'm glad you were able to be there representing all of us here. :grouphug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:05 am 

In discussing Wilmot, Johnny also mentioned that if you read Wilmot's letters to his children, you would see that he was a loving father.

I have looked on the web and have not found any mention of letters being published. Does anyone have any info on this? :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:24 am 

:thanks!: Liz!!!

Oh my, you must've had a greaaat time! :-O They should have discussed Dead Man :-/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:33 am 

Thanks for giving us a wonderful taste of what it was like to be there, Liz! I liked your quote of Johnny saying of Wilmot: “He could not tolerate a lie. And I salute that!” Johnny always seems to strive so hard in interviews to tell the whole truth (unless he's talking about armadillos, maybe...). Great report! :applause:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:55 am 

Liz I so enjoyed reading your remembrances. Thank you for having the presence of mind to write them down before you forgot. All of us who were there seem to be remembering different things and it is becoming this lovely patchwork quilt.

I still find myself thinking about the Tribute at odd points in the day and remembering something new… Your post made me remember some comments about Donnie Brasco that expanded a bit on what he’s said before… (from memory, paraphrased):

JD: “I had second thoughts about playing the character because after reading the book, I really didn’t like the character.”
RS: “Why not, what didn’t you like about him.”
JD: “Well I thought he was this tough, law and order, get the bad guys kind of guy, and that wasn’t interesting to me.”
RS: “What changed your mind?”
JD: ”Meeting Joe Pistone and finding out what a sweet and sensitive guy he was and realizing how hard it must have been to go through what he did and play that tough guy role.”

shadowydog wrote:
I have looked on the web and have not found any mention of letters being published. Does anyone have any info on this? :-?

There are portions of JW's letters published in Graham Greene's biography, Lord Rochester's Monkey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:58 am 

shadowydog wrote:
In discussing Wilmot, Johnny also mentioned that if you read Wilmot's letters to his children, you would see that he was a loving father.

In doing his research Johnny was given access to some very rare documents, including at the British Museum. He may have seen the letters there. I've seen many references to the letters but I'm not sure I've actually read any.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:19 am 
JDZ Moderator

Dharma_bum, Thanks for remembering and sharing the Donnie Brasco portion (I didn't jot that one down). That was interesting to me, as I only remember him saying in the past that he wanted to play him so that Joe Pistone would be proud (paraphrasing here). He had never given an indication that he didn't like him at first.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:24 am 
JDZ Moderator

Raven wrote:
thank you so much Liz for sharing!! I hope you could tell there were about 1000 JD lovers with you in spirit!

Can someone point me to DB's post of memories?

thanks

Raven

Here's the answer to your question--page 3 of the thread, I think. I apologize if someone else has already posted this.

http://johnnydepp-zone.com/boards/viewt ... &&start=30

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:11 am 
JDZ Webmaster

Congratulations, Liz! What a wonderful evening. I'm glad you and DITHOT and the Noodlemantras were able to be there together. Thanks for sharing your memories with us!

:highfive:

Part-Time Poet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:30 am 

Thanks heaps Liz for posting your report of the evening, it's wonderful to read about your :lilyrose: evening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:45 am 

I'm so happy you all had such a good time and met this beautiful man "In Person" !
It's really kind to share with us all your experiences and feelings on this event!
When I read all your reports, sometimes I get the feeling - I was there, too! Really good! :cloud9:

:thanks!: you all :grouphug:

Please, one thing I like to know, ( I think I know anyway)
Tell me, was there any noise during the interview with our Sweetheart? I think it was very quiet, isn't it? :rotflmao:

Profile WWW ICQ 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:15 am 

Thanks so much Liz..Honestly we were only semi-serious about asking you to take notes :grin: ..And you did :bounce: Wow!!..It looks like Johnny mimicked his teachers as well as mooned them[or him/her]..It must he so emotionally draining for you at the moment,but you must be floating at the same time :cloud9: ...What does it feel like?To be in the same room as Johnny and Christie and Danny..it must seem totally surreal...I'm so happy for you..all of you :cool: ..

I have faith in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:35 am 

Liz and all the rest of the LA Gang. We are so happy and proud of you. Words can't grasp how I feel for you. What a special time for you all and especially for KyWoman on her Birthday, to be there and hear JD in his own words and see him up close and relish those expressions he's so famous for. The best thing about it all is that you were able to get together and share the moments as friends. Very rare experiance indeed. Glad you all made it back in one piece. reference JDOCD post pg 4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:40 am 

Thank you very much for sharing. :thanks!: That was great to read. :cool: I´m so happy for you all that you all got such a special moment together with Johnny and that you all was able to hear him talk live in person about his movies and so on. :cool: :cloud9: :bounce:

Profile WWW  

Page 2 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next