It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 6 of 8 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:09 pm 

AnaMaria wrote:
Gypsylee wrote:
I know I wrote a lot, but I don't do it to make others feel left out and sad. ....

I don't feel left out or sad !
We, 'people living all over the world and don't have the opportunity to come' enjoy every tidbit that is added to this and other threads about Johnny's Tribute and the Libertine Premiere ! Can't get enough of it ! Please continue to do so !
Thanks very much Gypsylee, Liz, and a special thanks to Mr. 'trooper' DS to sacrifice his shoes(ize) for us :grin:

:bouquet:

Okay........good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:16 pm 

ibbi 3 wrote:
Hi FAN ~ did you have a great time too :goodvibes:

May I add something to this shoe-discussion. Anyone ever thought the fact that Johnny could be one of those rare people who like to wear shoes a size to big ( my son does ) , so we still don't know for sure :blush: :lol:

I had a wonderful time, Ibbi. Thanks for asking. It was a dream to be there.

I don't think Johnny wears too-large shoes, at least I don't think his old faithfuls are. He has worn a hole in the toe of the right shoe, right at the end:

In a video from, I think it was, Deauville we could see his toes moving around and I'm pretty sure it was right at the end of the shoe. What we need to do is have the next person who sees him tackle him, steal his shoes and check the size! I'll volunteer! :rotflmao:

Back to thoughts of that glorious film, I'm even more haunted by it now, if that's possible. I can't wait to see it again. NY, here I come!

Last edited by FANtasticJD on Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:19 pm 

cait wrote:
Thanks for more reports, ladies! I love reading all of them. I don't care how long they are! It sounds like it was a wonderful weekend. I hope I'm able to do something like that at some point!

And what is this about the credits? :eyebrow: I'm very curious now!

Something was put in at the beginning of the credits and you can tell it has Johnny's signature all over it.

Last edited by Gypsylee on Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:20 pm 

FANtasticJD wrote:
Back to thoughts of that glorious film, I'm even more haunted by it now, if that's possible. I can't wait to see it again. NY, here I come!

I think that says how good a film it really is. I haven't seen it but films that stay fresh in your mind a couple days later are usually very good. :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:25 pm 

cait wrote:
FANtasticJD wrote:

I think that says how good a film it really is. I haven't seen it but films that stay fresh in your mind a couple days later are usually very good. :cool:

I understand what you mean by "haunting." It's on my mind too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:32 pm 

I'd like to add my thanks to everyone who shares their Johnny encounter stories & pics.
I doubt I will ever have the chance to meet him but living vicariously through others is a real thrill!
I've read through this thread with a huge grin on my face :grin:!
I was with you ladies in spirit & I raised several *hiccup* glasses to our intrepid Zoners over the week-end. Thank you for sharing. :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:55 pm 

Yes, thank you very very much for the pictures and the reports ladies!!

It looks like you had a wonderful time, and it's great to hear that you had another positive and memorable Johnny meet. He's such a wonderful man, and every time I read a zoners report it truly does confirm it (not that I needed to be confirmed or anything).

So once again, thank you for everything, and it's great to hear you had a wonderful time!!! :bounce:

:thanks!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:03 pm 

DepplySmitten wrote:
Hi MommaDeppLover :wave:
Too bad about the tickets :bawl: , we would have loved you to join us, your such a sweetie to have around! That's really too bad!
You should really try and go to the Marmont, it's exceptionally beautiful, and it just feels like Johnny...at least to me :blush:

Hi DepplySmitten,

Thank you for your nice words, :blush: And yes I know that
I would FEEL Johnny all around the Marmont Hotel, that's why
I would have a silly grin :grin: But I do believe that I must get
over it and go... :eyebrow: ( and yes so sad about the tickets...)

BUT we must figure out a way to get tickets to the Premiere
of Pirates next July.... :bounce: GIRLS ....ready ????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:29 pm 

:bawl: :bawl: Why can't it be in Florida??? :bawl: :bawl:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:32 pm 

FANtasticJD wrote:
I love all this discussion and it was great meeting most of the Grauman's group in line for the Tribute. You are a classy group of ladies.

I just wanted to add a bit to the "size" discussion. When I put my rather average sized hands in Johnny's prints, they fit exactly: palm size and finger size and length. It was like I made them myself. As for the shoe size, I made this comparison:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/maginct/Events/Graumans%20Hand%20and%20Foot%20ceremony/footsizecomparison-1a.jpg

Mr. DS's shoes have large soles which stick out a bit wider from the shoe than do Johnny's. That, combined with the fact that cement shrinks a bit when it dries, leads me to guess that Johnny's shoe size may be closer to an 11 than a 10 1/2. Of course that also means that Johnny's hands are just a tad larger than mine! :lol:

Funny you should say that FAN, I've been following this shoe size discussion and I believe that Johnny takes a size 11 boot. My fella takes exactly the same size and I've been looking at the photo's and to me it looks to be the right size. I love reading all the stories the ladies have written and I'm glad everybody had so much fun. Depplysmitten you had a great seat!
:disco:

Rochester ,"Satyr" on Man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:20 pm 

Location: Kentucky (KY); birthplace of Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson
DepplySmitten wrote:
Okay, ladies..I had Mr. DepplySmitten put his foot in Johnnys boot print and Johnny wears a size 10! They are the same size! Well, maybe Johnny is a 10 and a half!

:biglaugh: He's too much!! Thanks for that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:28 am 

DS don't you just love it... Mr. DS has become a Zone celebrity. Hope you two are having a giggle over this one. Miss you guys already... although I have to say, I shared our weekend (well, the highlights anyway) at a work meeting, when I finished there was dead silence. Then someone said, "OK, anyone, try to top that." Major laughter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:46 am 

dharma_bum wrote:
DS don't you just love it... Mr. DS has become a Zone celebrity. Hope you two are having a giggle over this one. Miss you guys already... although I have to say, I shared our weekend (well, the highlights anyway) at a work meeting, when I finished there was dead silence. Then someone said, "OK, anyone, try to top that." Major laughter.

So they must know of your JDOCD? There is absolutely no way I could or would tell anyone at the office anything! Good thing I work out of my home and don't have to go to the office. You are lucky to have a group you can be open with.

I miss everyone already too. Kind of a sad day. Didn't get much work done today either. Boss called me around 3 and asked if and when I planned on working today. Told her now. I can put in my 8 hour day any time throughout the 24 hour period. But I still haven't gotten squat done. Looks like I will be putting some time in on the weekend to make up for it!!! (My situation is, they can tell if I am signed on to the website working or not....... a Big Brother is Watching you type of thing). But after this weekend I just couldn't get it in gear today. Better cut that out right here and now!!!! Gotta keep paying for these little trips somehow ya know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:02 am 

Gypsylee wrote:
dharma_bum wrote:

So they must know of your JDOCD?

They know a little and probalby suspect more... the key word is "highlights." The events, Chateau Marmont... all PC. I may have failed to mention getting on my hands and knees in front of Grauman's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:29 am 

"dharma_bum"
Quote:
I may have failed to mention getting on my hands and knees in front of Grauman's.

Yes, that might have enlightened them a tad too much! Honestly.....I can't believe we did that either. If I had been alone, no way would I have done that, but with a group of like-minded women..........all things are possible!

Page 6 of 8 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next