It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: We're Talking to Andrew Birkin!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:47 am 

ONBC has some exciting news! :-O I have been in contact with Andrew Birkin, author of J.M. Barrie and the Lost Boys! He has agreed to answer questions from our readers about his book. What Liz and I would like you to do is submit your questions to our Yahoo mail box. We will collate and organize them and then send them off to Mr. Birkin. This is such a great opportunity, please contribute your ideas! jdzonbc@yahoo.com

DITHOT and Liz

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Post subject: Re: We're Talking to Andrew Birkin!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:50 am 

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:
ONBC has some exciting news! :-O I have been in contact with Andrew Birkin, author of J.M. Barrie and the Lost Boys! He has agreed to answer questions from our readers about his book. What Liz and I would like you to do is submit your questions to our Yahoo mail box. We will collate and organize them and then send them off to Mr. Birkin. This is such a great opportunity, please contribute your ideas! jdzonbc@yahoo.com

DITHOT and Liz

WoW that is exciting news!!

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:32 am 

WOW, Y'all are awesome! What an extra step to take. I'm about halfway through the book now so will have to think of questions. :disco:

Post subject: Andrew Birkin
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:26 pm 

Quote:
savvysparrow wrote:
What an extra step to take.

We are really excited about it! I was very surprised when he answered but we are looking forward to a great opportunity. I hope you guys come up with some good questions for us to ask!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:29 am 
Oh, wow - what an opportunity! You guys are the best. By when do we need the questions to you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:28 am 

What a coup! You gals are great. And cheers to Mr. Birkin for allowing us some of his time!

I'm still waiting for my copy of the book. Hope it shows up soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:19 pm 

DITHOT, you are AMAZING - all those fascinating tidbits you dig up for us, and now Andrew Birkin himself!

I'm just hanging in here now waiting till you manage to get Johnny himself to join our discussions and answer a few questions :-)

Actually, come to think of it maybe it would actually be worth contacting his agent - I reckon he would find the ONBC an interesting idea, more so than an ordinary fan site. How about it? I'm convinced you guys can work miracles :angel:

Post subject: LOL!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:21 pm 

Quote:
DITHOT, you are AMAZING - all those fascinating tidbits you dig up for us, and now Andrew Birkin himself!

Liz and I have a great time digging up the tidbits, especially when we hit an unexpected connection during the digging! Mr. Birkin's email address was a lucky find and we figured, why not give it a try! We were very pleased, excited and honored when he answered.

Quote:
I'm just hanging in here now waiting till you manage to get Johnny himself to join our discussions and answer a few questions

Actually, come to think of it maybe it would actually be worth contacting his agent - I reckon he would find the ONBC an interesting idea, more so than an ordinary fan site. How about it? I'm convinced you guys can work miracles

And I thought contacting Mr. Birkin made me nervous! :-O We never stop dreaming! :cloud9: But, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting!

Wow! What a ride!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:37 pm 
JDZ Moderator

Sands wrote:
Actually, come to think of it maybe it would actually be worth contacting his agent - I reckon he would find the ONBC an interesting idea, more so than an ordinary fan site. How about it? I'm convinced you guys can work miracles :angel:

Don't tempt me, Sands. I'm feeling brave this week.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject: re: submitting questions
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:52 pm 

DITHOT and Liz; For some reason my server won't let me email you directly from this website so I sent my question through good old yahoo itself. Hopefully this won't cause any problems. Thank you for organizing this part of our discussion. I am really looking forward to Mr. Birkin's answers to whatever questions you two choose. :bounce:

Post subject: Lizbet
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:00 pm 

I received your question at out yahoo account. THANK YOU!!! :bounce:

Wow! What a ride!

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]