The Forgotten Films of Roscoe"Fatty"Arbuckle

by Jerry Stahl

Moderator: Liz

suec

Unread postby suec » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:09 pm

Thanks, V. Fascinating scans. :cool:
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:07 pm

Well done, V! Thanks for taking the time to do that for us! :cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

LadyAshleen

Arbuckle's career-ending mistake....?

Unread postby LadyAshleen » Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:19 pm

anyone here know what kind of a person Arbuckle was...when he was not on screen?

Veronica

Re: Arbuckle's career-ending mistake....?

Unread postby Veronica » Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:58 pm

LadyAshleen wrote:anyone here know what kind of a person Arbuckle was...when he was not on screen?

We are reading the book I,fatty now and will begin discussion July 1st, eeeek I think thats right. Its posted above the dates of discussion. If you would like to join us there is time to read the book. Its not a long book & easy to get into.
Everything is always okay in the end,

if it's not, then it's not the end.

Today is a gift....Have Fun!

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:04 pm

Thanks for scanning and posting your book, Veronica. It was very informative and entertaining.

Sad though, that the history books just ignored (or vilified, if he was mentioned at all) Arbuckle until...when was it...1976? What a shame.

KYwoman
Location: Kentucky (KY); birthplace of Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson

Unread postby KYwoman » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:15 pm

Thanks V for taking the time to do this. Looks very interesting.

I just rented a video from the library of several Fatty and Mabel shorts. UNFORTUNATELY, the tape was in poor shape, I had to watch it in fast forward through a lot of it. :banghead: What I could see looked funny and I really liked his dog!

I certainly heard about Fatty Arbuckle during the Michael Jackson trial. He was often referenced by media-types as having the first celeb trial.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." :motorcycle:

lumineuse

Unread postby lumineuse » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:55 pm

Thanks for all the scans, V. I am really intrigued, How good is the video quality, relatively speaking? The Chaplin DVD's I just bought certainly suffer, but I can't imagine that anything from that era doesn't.
"Oh, good!........ No worries, then."

Veronica

Unread postby Veronica » Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:05 pm

lumineuse wrote:Thanks for all the scans, V. I am really intrigued, How good is the video quality, relatively speaking? The Chaplin DVD's I just bought certainly suffer, but I can't imagine that anything from that era doesn't.

Its four dvds http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00097DXG2/qid=1119225700/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-3417995-9484956?v=glance&s=dvd

I went for a used set. They are expensive but you get a variety of actors. some have commentary with the movie which is nice to get a little background on other actors as well. Im glad I bought them. It helps appreciate the book more. which I am still reading. Between tidbits & this little booklet its hard to keep up. :blush:
Everything is always okay in the end,

if it's not, then it's not the end.

Today is a gift....Have Fun!

Return to “I, Fatty”