The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby ForeverYoung » Sat May 04, 2019 7:46 am

hollyberry wrote:
ForeverYoung wrote:I think that Amber's PR is working hard to distract the attention away from the testimony of Samantha McMillan who has nothing to loose by telling the truth. She is not a freeloader like the rest of Amber's so called witness friends and has no reason to lie under oath. She is not winning in court so once she again is trying to win in a court of public opinion but a lot of people see right through her this time. :nosmile: :no2: :mad:

It seems strange that she suddenly is remembering all these 'new incidents' at the precise time Ms McMillan is making her testimony. Smacks of desperation to me. At the end of the day when the whole truth comes out I suspect Johnny will have the last laugh.

Looking at the whole sordid business with neutral eyes and not as a Johnny fan....the facts are none of the women Johnny previously had relationships with accused him of abusing them, even during the dark times he was addicted. So we are asked to believe he suddenly becomes a violent wife beater in his 50s?
Doesn't add up.

She also brings up a number of people in her court papers (doctors who treated her, nurses, her sister, make up artist friend, apartment staff, Johnny's assistant, etc.) that were never listed as witnesses in her dv case.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

In-too-Depp

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby In-too-Depp » Wed May 08, 2019 6:41 am

Johnny Depp Claims Amber Heard & Friend Concocted Plan for Bogus 911 Call Regarding Assault

The Blast.com
Article by Mike Walters
8th May 2019

Johnny Depp is calling into question the 911 call placed by Amber Heard‘s friend on the night the actress claims she was abused.

Sources connected to Depp’s legal team tell The Blast the “Pirates of the Caribbean” star plans on filing evidence that he believes shows discrepancies in the emergency call iO Tillett Wright placed to the LAPD on May 21, 2016.

Heard previously testified that she was on the phone with Wright when Depp began a physical attack, and that her friend heard the abuse go down.

In his own declaration, Wright said, “I then heard Amber crying in fear and begging Johnny to stop his attack, thereafter I heard Amber scream out ‘Call 911’ before the call got disconnected. I called 911 to save Amber’s life.”

Depp’s lawyers tell us they have obtained the LAPD call logs from the night of May 21, and claim Wright waited over an hour and a half before calling police. They’ve also obtained video surveillance showing Depp leaving the residential building he shared with Heard in Los Angeles around 8:30 … when the call to LAPD wasn’t made until 10:00 PM.

Depp’s defense team claims if Wright really wanted to save his friend’s life, he would have made the call sooner rather than later. They believe Heard and Wright were possibly getting their stories lined up before calling authorities and implicating Depp in the alleged attack.

They are also specifically pointing out Wright’s verbiage, that he made the decision in a “split second” to call 911 … but in fact called much later.

Depp’s attorney, Adam Waldman, says “Amber Heard’s May 21 abuse hoax officially began when her co-conspirator iO Tillett Wright dialed 911.”

Waldman adds, “But police logs show iO Tillett Wright didn’t call 911 in the middle of their concocted abuse charade as he testified clearly under oath ‘to save Amber’s life,’ nor at the moment Ms. Heard testified she screamed ‘call 911!’ to him in the middle of her fraud.”

LAPD officers did in fact respond to the 911 call, but found no signs of abuse on Heard when they arrived.

As we reported, Heard has given emotional testimony regarding the incident, and she claims Depp grabbed her by the hair during a brutal assault. Heard admitted to striking the star back, but claims it was to save her sister’s life.

The “Aquaman” star is currently trying to get the defamation case filed by Depp dismissed and transferred to another venue, however we’re told Depp’s team will file a “roadmap” of evidence later this month to keep the case from moving.

And Wit, was his vain frivolous pretence
Of pleasing others, at his own expense

Rochester ,"Satyr" on Man

Chocolat

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby Chocolat » Wed May 08, 2019 8:26 am

I just saw this on The Blast. Thanks for posting the article, In-too-Depp! :thanks!:
Once again, Mr. Adam Waldman shares an interesting tidbit of inconsistent testimony from Amber Heard and now, IO Tillet Wright. He likes using the very appropriate word HOAX. So do I.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

gipsyblues

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby gipsyblues » Wed May 08, 2019 12:06 pm

Thank you , In-too-Depp. :) I realy like Mr. Adam Waldman. :cool:

SnoopyDances

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Wed May 08, 2019 12:10 pm

Chocolat wrote:I just saw this on The Blast. Thanks for posting the article, In-too-Depp! :thanks!:
Once again, Mr. Adam Waldman shares an interesting tidbit of inconsistent testimony from Amber Heard and now, IO Tillet Wright. He likes using the very appropriate word HOAX. So do I.

They called TWO hours after he left and still didn’t have time to trash the condos before the police arrived?! :lol:

Chocolat

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby Chocolat » Wed May 08, 2019 12:34 pm

And.... after two hours, the LA police showed up and saw no injury to the Hoaxer. You would think that after two hours something would be visible on her face IF she was injured. My goodness, I could bang my knee on a cabinet door and I have a red, then a black and blue mark within an hour. The more information that comes out, it's very clear to see how her story doesn't add up. I never, NEVER doubted Johnny and hopefully, those who did, as well as the Hoaxer's followers, will use their common sense and see through her very weak accounts of that night.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~

Ade

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby Ade » Wed May 08, 2019 4:08 pm

I guess the 911 call was for a bit of theatre to put some pressure on Johnny to give her what she wanted. And my guess also is that she did not realise that the police would insist on coming into the house, looking at her and at the property.

I have always had the feeling that what happened that night and in the subsequent few days slightly span out of her control. So this is just my theory: they decide to add some pressure by setting him up, fully expecting that he would sign off on her demands. When he refused they had to pedal quite fast - they did well in getting some initial shock factor with the TRO and photo released but then things started to unravel. And what Amber has done is the absolute classic behaviour of a narcissist who can never admit they are wrong - and they are always on the offensive pushing out lies that get bigger or participating in behaviour which distracts.

You probably all worked this out at the time!

One thing I have never understood until today is why on earth she didn't have the fake bruise makeup on when the police arrived - but I can see now, she really expected to just fob them off at the door and subsequently say to Johnny "I call the police on you - there is a record of the call".

I also wondered in the past if IO was really so deeply involved in the perjury - and that maybe the only lie he told was in his article when he claimed to have seen her after the December 2015 incident. I thought - too generously probably - that maybe IO was just gullible to Amber's lies and she said repeatedly that Johnny abused her and IO believed it. But it seems that IO and Raquel are deeply, deeply into the perjury problem.

Ade

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby Ade » Wed May 08, 2019 5:53 pm

PS - don't know if you also saw this but her fans are claiming the latest evidence is wrong because 'an official police report' notes the time of the police visit as 9.16

https://twitter.com/ThatBrianFella/stat ... 6774940674

I think that's the right link.

But if you look at the photo of this - is isn't a police report it is the business card the police left with her. Anyone could have written that. And as someone has pointed out (derided by her fans) that the police do use the 24 hour clock I believe to avoid confusion.

Of course the call logs would be properly, independently recorded.

RumLover

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby RumLover » Wed May 08, 2019 8:14 pm

I too wondered about why not prepare a bruise for the police. If the police saw a bruise, they would have followed procedure which should have included having a doctor examine Heard; taking photos of injury; locating and questioning husband and starting an investigation.
A fake bruise would not have passed a medical examination. A self-inflicted bruise would have resulted in an investigation which Heard would not be able to control.
Heard would not be able to send the "extortion letter" to trade privacy for her demands of money, car, condos if there was a police investigation. She probably knew the police visit would become public but might have hoped it would be after her 72 hour response deadline and that Depp would already have signed off on her demands.
Adding. Having IO make the 911 call is better for Heard because Heard can't be accused of making a fake call and can say IO misunderstood.

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby ForeverYoung » Wed May 08, 2019 9:42 pm

Some of Amber's fan's wouldn't believe the truth even if she came out and admitted to making the whole thing up because he didn't give into her demands. The facts speak for themselves. I mean, who files a dv charge and then refuses to do their court ordered deposition? It had to be court ordered because she would not make herself available. Said she was working in Australia but she was pictured in LA with her friends and Musk every chance she got to fly home. Even with the court order she still dodged it three times. Once because of Raquel's engagement party, then it was because she had a fitting in London but was seen in LA the next day and then she showed up late and refused to come out of the room to have her deposition taken. Still she said it was Johnny who was delaying the proceedings. :smh:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

hollyberry

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby hollyberry » Thu May 09, 2019 4:43 pm

Chocolat wrote:And.... after two hours, the LA police showed up and saw no injury to the Hoaxer. You would think that after two hours something would be visible on her face IF she was injured. My goodness, I could bang my knee on a cabinet door and I have a red, then a black and blue mark within an hour. The more information that comes out, it's very clear to see how her story doesn't add up. I never, NEVER doubted Johnny and hopefully, those who did, as well as the Hoaxer's followers, will use their common sense and see through her very weak accounts of that night.

I never doubted Johnny either but not because I am a....sigh...deluded fangirl
I looked at the facts. And predominantly Johnny has ZERO accusations/ convictions for spousal abuse. No evidence from independent witnesses.
Heard however, WAS accused of spousal abuse.
Enough said.

justintime

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby justintime » Fri May 10, 2019 8:29 am

I hope this is ok to link. I just read it through, and like Mr. McPherson’s other work, it is detailed and understandable. I believe he just posted this a few hours ago.

"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Chocolat

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby Chocolat » Fri May 10, 2019 10:24 am

justintime wrote:I hope this is ok to link. I just read it through, and like Mr. McPherson’s other work, it is detailed and understandable. I believe he just posted this a few hours ago.

Thanks justintime for the link for the new information presented by Brian McPherson. Once again he has given us facts in clear cut detail regarding the hoax concocted by Amber Heard, IO Tillet Wright and Raquel Pennington. In addition, through Amber's declaration, the shady legal maneuverings as instructed by her lawyer, Samantha Spector. The conflict between each of their stories proves how it's so much more difficult to remember lies than it is the truth.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~

Judymac

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby Judymac » Fri May 10, 2019 1:50 pm

I am amazed that the Hoaxer thinks she can get away with this hoax. She just keeps lying to cover up other lies. I guess she is still trying to convince people in the court of public opinion. She seems to think she is smarter than everyone else and that people will believe her. She thinks she can lie her way out of trouble even though the evidence does not support her version of the facts. Mr Waldman is a very skilled attorney. He will expose her as a liar.

In-too-Depp

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby In-too-Depp » Wed May 15, 2019 6:38 am

Johnny Depp’s Ex-Lawyer Jacob Bloom Retiring As $50M Battle With ‘Pirates’ Star Fights Over Trial Date; Partner Alan Hergott Stepping Down Also

Deadline.com
Article by Dominic Patten
14th May 2019

EXCLUSIVE: As lawyers for Johnny Depp and his former law firm spar over a new trial date for the now $50 million malpractice lawsuit the Pirates of the Caribbean star brought against Bloom Hergott Diemer Rosenthal LaViolette Feldman Schenkman & Goodman LLP in 2017, there looks to be at least two less Hollywood heavyweights in the ring as of today.

Fifty-one years after he started practicing law, Jacob Bloom is retiring from the firm that already doesn’t carry his name, I’ve learned. His fellow founding partner Alan Hergott is also stepping down after years representing clients such as Brad Pitt, Star Wars overlord Kathleen Kennedy, her husband producer Frank Marshall and Neil Patrick Harris.

Both Hergott and Bloom, who represented Depp for two decades, have been sending emails to clients, current and past, informing them of their decision to move on to a new phase of their lives. As well working for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald star Depp, Bloom’s client makes up one Hell of a farewell party with Jerry Bruckheimer, Jason Statham, Nicolas Cage, Jackie Chan and Javier Bardem, to name just a few, at the table.

“We thank Jake and Alan for their many years of leadership, excellence and friendship, and we’re happy to build on their foundation,” said partner Carlos Goodman in a statement to Deadline this evening of the now named Goodman Schenkman & Brecheen firm. “This generational shift positions us to capture growth opportunities and lead GSB’s practice into the future.”

As the firm went under its new banner and Greg Slewett has already set up shop at Ziffren Brittenham, Bloom himself shunned speaking publicly on his retirement. Alan Hergott, on the other hand, did not.

“It has been a true privilege to represent some of the most talented people in entertainment and media over so many years,” the lawyer told Deadline. “While I will miss my clients and colleagues, now is the right time for this evolution. It is an exciting opportunity for everyone involved and I look forward to watching GSB optimize the new media landscape for its clients and continue to grow in the future.”

Though their names will no longer be on the firm’s name and a resetting of sorts is expected at the once BHDRLFS&G, the retirement by Bloom and Hergott in no way indicates that the former and the firm that he helped found are backing down from the high price row with Depp. In fact, depositions in the October 2017 filed case continued this week, sources tell me.

The actor originally went after Bloom and gang as part of the $25 million January 2017 filed scrap that the Hollywood Vampires’ guitarist was having with his ex-business managers over his seemingly troubled finances. As the law firm counter sued in December 2017, the freewheeling spending Depp came to a settlement with TMG in July 2018.

As paperwork salvos continued between the lawyer and his ex-client, Depp scored a rare legal win in the case last August.

Jolting lawyers all over town to get a pen into their Tinseltown clients’ hands L.A. Superior Court Judge Terry Green granted Team Johnny’s motion to declare invalid the longtime and lucrative oral contingency agreement that actor had with Bloom Hergott Diemer Rosenthal LaViolette Feldman Schenkman & Goodman LLP.

Since then, Depp has gone after ex-wife Amber Heard in a $50 million defamation suit and Team Bloom have sent out a wave of depositions notices in late April to former Warner Bros boss Kevin Tsujihara, Aquaman star Heard, and some of Hollywood’s top attorneys like Marty Singer and Patricia Glaser.

Now, led by heavyweight in his own right, Bryan Freedman, Bloom’s lawyer are asking Judge Green to push the currently September-set trial to next spring because of the vast paperwork and dozens of depositions they say the multi-million dollar case requires them to go through.

A May 29 hearing in Judge Green’s courtroom has been scheduled to address the requested trial date change.

And Wit, was his vain frivolous pretence
Of pleasing others, at his own expense

Rochester ,"Satyr" on Man

Return to “News & Views”