FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Ade

Unread postby Ade » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:57 pm

I have to calm down and breathe when I think about this: the tabloids made a thing about Johnny's casting. They reported the negative comments on social media - they failed to report that saddos like me who went through all the comments could tell you the majority were not negative; and the negativity has distinctly lessoned. The same for the Dior campaign - in fact even more so there.

Yet I've seen things recently reporting AH's participation in UN events etc and every single comment on some of them has been negative. Every single one. Why aren't the press reporting that?

The only plus I can take away to calm myself is that it isn't really newsworthy.

justintime

Unread postby justintime » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:45 pm

Try not to waste your energy, Ade.

I agree: a distinct majority of tabloid and even more reputable rags’ comments, not articles, (e.g. Forbes, FOX, and the WSJ; LATimes has been uncharacteristically mum lately) seem to be in Johnny’s favor. But it’s the unrelenting stoking of old, and soundly debunked, scathing negative garbage - some subtly, some blatantly, none apologetically - still hammering Johnny on every front possible that I find sad, depressing, and downright infuriating.

There appears to be a bottomless cauldron of hatred, still, being stirred by a broad swath of silent puppet masters bound and determined to chain Johnny to some crippling piece of gossip - and whether or not there is an ounce of truth to it is frighteningly irrelevant - that will knock him out of the game for good. What happened with City of Lies and the depth of concocted deceit toward Johnny - out of control, drinking all day, etc. - is beyond anything I’ve ever witnessed. I’m clinging to the hope he will be thoroughly vindicated in his SUN lawsuit and then his team will have all they need to go anywhere they choose with that ammunition.

AH has been invited by the United Nations Foundation, the United Nations Development Programme and two others to speak on September 23rd at the 9th Annual Social Good Summit 2018, despite a CHANGE.org petition (with about 1600+ signatures to date) to remove her from the roster. Questions have been asked of the Foundation, including justifications for her selection and continued presence on the roster - all to no avail. I’ll believe it isn’t newsworthy when the Summit slips by uneventfully.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:09 pm

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:11 pm

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:12 pm

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:16 pm

Audio book available Nov. 16
(if the US site opens, click the option for the UK site)

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:20 pm

Available Oct. 2:

Movie-Making News: The Stories Behind the Magic

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:22 pm

Available Nov. 16

The Archive of Magic: The Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Hardcover

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:26 pm

Possibly a new tattoo in Johnny's future? :bigwink:

ForeverYoung

Unread postby ForeverYoung » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:01 pm

A surprise on the Today Show on Monday. Our guy was pictured in NYC today so my guess is we will see him on the show. :loveshower: :lovehearts: :bounce:

“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Chocolat

Unread postby Chocolat » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:26 pm

J.K. Rowling is a guest as well as a new FB2 trailer will be released.
This may be a surprise promo event.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:38 am

The main cast, minus Johnny, Jude, and Eddie, appeared briefly on the Today Show.
They said they would show the interview with everyone and premier the new trailer on Tuesday.

Maybe the bigger stars will be part of the recorded interview tomorrow???

Anyway, FB appears over for today.

Chocolat

Unread postby Chocolat » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:04 pm

Hubby went to NYC to see who he could photograph. Yes, SnoopyDances, none of the principle cast members were there.
Like you pointed out, they may have been interviewed in a pre-recorded segment to be included in tomorrow's appearance.
A nice surprise was that he came home with a cool tee shirt and one of the Noble Collection official collector's wands (Queenie Goldstein's) Nice gifts handed out to those who got there early to support J.K. Rowling and company.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:16 pm

Chocolat wrote:Hubby went to NYC to see who he could photograph. Yes, SnoopyDances, none of the principle cast members were there.
Like you pointed out, they may have been interviewed in a pre-recorded segment to be included in tomorrow's appearance.
A nice surprise was that he came home with a cool tee shirt and one of the Noble Collection official collector's wands (Queenie Goldstein's) Nice gifts handed out to those who got there early to support J.K. Rowling and company.

Those wands look huge!

Your husband is so great for indulging our Johnny fix. :airkiss: I hope he got some good pics, even if it wasn't of you-know-who. :truefan:

Chocolat

Unread postby Chocolat » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:20 pm

SnoopyDances wrote:
Chocolat wrote:Hubby went to NYC to see who he could photograph. Yes, SnoopyDances, none of the principle cast members were there.

Those wands look huge!

Your husband is so great for indulging our Johnny fix. :airkiss: I hope he got some good pics, even if it wasn't of you-know-who. :truefan:

Hubby is a trooper, always has been when it comes to sharing Johnny pics. :goodvibes:
By the way, the wand, although pretty, isn't too long. Only about 14". Yet long enough to make magick happen!
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~

Return to “News & Views”