Videos--Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindewald trailers and teasers

Links to video and audio clips of Johnny.
Lbock

Unread postby Lbock » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:56 pm

Here is a teaser for a trailer teaser for tomorrow.
https://twitter.com/pottermore/status/9 ... 87616?s=21

SnoopyDances

Re: Videos--Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindewald trailers and teasers

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:31 pm

:thanks!:

ibbi 3

Re: Videos--Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindewald trailers and teasers

Unread postby ibbi 3 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:25 pm

Joel:"That's the movies, Ed. Try reality." Ed:"No thanks." Northern Exposure

ibbi 3

Unread postby ibbi 3 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:38 pm

:ok:
Joel:"That's the movies, Ed. Try reality." Ed:"No thanks." Northern Exposure

gipsyblues

Unread postby gipsyblues » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:58 pm

:thanks!: :applause: :yahoo: :applause: :biggrin:

Ade

Unread postby Ade » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:42 pm

Wonderful. Thank you.

Ade

Unread postby Ade » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:17 pm

What does everyone think of the trailer?

I've been dipping in and out of the reaction - not the stupid press articles which are re-hashing old stuff and not actually reporting what's being said on forums.

So it's had 4.8 million hits on youtube in 24 hours for the main official trailer - and other ones in the hundreds of thousands. Most comments are great in that they either love it or are immersed in the nerd issues which is really where we want it to be if not everyone can fangirl over Johnny. Similarly comments on FantasticBeasts and JK Rowling on twitter are all pretty good - the odd idiot but that's just to be expected I support. (I've also noticed on this note that 'all' those negative comments are often one person coming back again and again.)

This is quite a good watch (link below - is it ok to have here?) - a reaction video. Bear with her, she makes a really good point about Johnny going into this on the back of a really strong performance in MOTOE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Z1jnehYEA&t=1s

Everyone I have spoken to loved it, are excited for various reasons and just happy it is coming this year.

I think we should feel celebratory. I have a personal wish that they keep Johnny quite mysterious in the trailers - I don't want to really hear too much. The difference in his appearance between the first sight of him where he is well groomed and that haunting look in the carriage is just brilliant. This new look that we haven't seen in any of the still has generated a lot of positive comment. He really does look scary.

Also interesting to read from the team who helped create the look and who have worked with him before that he is very hands on with his looks and painted the eye pieces himself for this. The man is an artist.

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:15 pm

Ha! Looks like Grindewald is a bit of a chameleon, just like that guy who's playing him, what's his name. That is the most facial hair any of Johnny's characters have ever had, right? By quite a bit? Looking forward to him being one of the main players in this world!
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"I've got a lot of Barbies in storage..."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

Jack's Wench

Unread postby Jack's Wench » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:35 pm

:bounce: :bounce: :yahoo: :yahoo: So looking forward to this!
Dreams really do come true!
Just Believe....... 26th April 2007

"We're having too good a time today, we ain't thinking about tomorrow"

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread postby Joni » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:29 pm

jruoss wrote:Ha! Looks like Grindewald is a bit of a chameleon, just like that guy who's playing him, what's his name. That is the most facial hair any of Johnny's characters have ever had, right? By quite a bit? Looking forward to him being one of the main players in this world!

Just the other day I ran across some pics of Johnny in his cameo role in 21 Jump Street (the movie), and his beard was much longer and bushier than what Grindewald has in the trailer.

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:43 pm

Joni wrote:
jruoss wrote:Ha! Looks like Grindewald is a bit of a chameleon, just like that guy who's playing him, what's his name. That is the most facial hair any of Johnny's characters have ever had, right? By quite a bit? Looking forward to him being one of the main players in this world!

Just the other day I ran across some pics of Johnny in his cameo role in 21 Jump Street (the movie), and his beard was much longer and bushier than what Grindewald has in the trailer.

Good call, I was forgetting that bit. It's the "roadie from Lynrd Skynrd" look, which he claims to have used more than once to go unrecognized in public...
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"I've got a lot of Barbies in storage..."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread postby Joni » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:51 pm

jruoss wrote:
Joni wrote:

Good call, I was forgetting that bit. It's the "roadie from Lynrd Skynrd" look, which he claims to have used more than once to go unrecognized in public...

:lol: I imagine he would enjoy that!

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:34 am

I thought of ZZ Tops, when I saw Johnny's beard in the 21 Jump Street movie :biggrin: And then, when he got it off, he was ever so cute underneath :truefan:
But I actually came here to show you this article explaining about the trailer: So sorry, if this should have been posted some other place, and also for the article NOT mentioning Johnny at all :love:

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:52 am

meeps wrote:I thought of ZZ Tops, when I saw Johnny's beard in the 21 Jump Street movie :biggrin: And then, when he got it off, he was ever so cute underneath :truefan:
But I actually came here to show you this article explaining about the trailer: So sorry, if this should have been posted some other place, and also for the article NOT mentioning Johnny at all :love:

:thanks!: Meeps!

Certainly a lot to take in. Glad to have all these wizard experts online to explain this. :lol:

Sweeney Todd

Unread postby Sweeney Todd » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:05 am

Can you believe Johnny's a big part of the Harry Potter world now? So exciting.
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

Return to “Video Clips”