And the Number 1 Reason to Love the New Zone..,

Earlier ONBC book discussions, Author Q&As and other news.

Moderator: Liz

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

And the Number 1 Reason to Love the New Zone..,

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:01 am

We have 3 and 2 below. What is your #1 reason to love the new Zone? Let's see how many answers we can get here.

Mine is:

Old posters returning after the lifting of the Angelfire curse :capnjack: and brand new posters participating! :bounce:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

fansmom

My personal #1

Unread postby fansmom » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:22 pm

I love the new Zone for the same reason mountain climbers climb mountains: because it's here. And because you're all here, and you're what makes it what it is.

Do I need to explain? I happened to be on vacation when the Zone switched from old to new, and was greeted upon my return by screens saying the boards were gone. No Pit. No Porch. No ONBC. It was horrible, absolutely horrible. I was ecstatic to learn (thanks again, DITHOT!) where everyone had gone.

So my #1 reason may not be everyone's #1, to me the emoticons, the dancing bananas (as fun as they are!), the avatars, etc., are just the icing on the cake. During my brief depprivation, I would have been happy with any Zone contact, even old-fashioned amber text on a black screen. What makes the Zone special is all of you. The posters, both old and new, as as DITHOT said, but also the moderators, and all of you who put such time and effort and thought into your posts. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:43 pm

THANK YOU, Fansmom!

I think that's it--the fact that we are here. It's a pretty snazzy site. But what it boils down to is the Zone's greatest asset and my reason for being here is it's members. It's a great family to be a part of.

Except we have no more bananas. So I will have to bounce instead.
:bounce:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Reason #1

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:59 pm

Fansmom, I think you have captured it! Our people make the Zone, old or new the best. But, I must admit, I do like to
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:37 am

Does "all of the above" count as an answer for #1?

There is so much to love here! I think my favorite reason is that this site is so user friendly. From not having to fight with the evil Angelfire background to being able to view one long continuous thread of conversation to all the wonderful photos...... what's NOT to love!!!!

(PS I, too, am sad to no longer see the banana man!)

suec

Unread postby suec » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:39 pm

nebraska wrote:Does "all of the above" count as an answer for #1?

There is so much to love here! I think my favorite reason is that this site is so user friendly. From not having to fight with the evil Angelfire background to being able to view one long continuous thread of conversation to all the wonderful photos...... what's NOT to love!!!!

(PS I, too, am sad to no longer see the banana man!)

The one long continuous thread must be an absolute boon for our moderators, as it must radically reduce the time spent on sorting and storing for the archives. I know it may be a labour of love, but even so... anything that reduces workload gets my vote! :thumbsup:

mostly harmless

Unread postby mostly harmless » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:51 pm

The Printer-Friendly button! :-)

suec

Unread postby suec » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:19 pm

mostly harmless wrote:The Printer-Friendly button! :-)

Cool! I have just tried it for the first time and it's just disposed very neatly of the niggle I had about part of the page being missed off when I tried the other route. I had been meaning to ask about that and now I'm sorted. Cheers! :-)

part-time poet

Unread postby part-time poet » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:27 pm

Yes, we really hope you enjoy the printer-friendly button. For everyone who likes to save threads or print them out, it makes life so much easier. And much more economical.

With all the great writing that goes on around here, you must be tempted to save a lot.

Enjoy!

:wave:

Part-Time Poet

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:37 pm

part-time poet wrote:

Yes, we really hope you enjoy the printer-friendly button. For everyone who likes to save threads or print them out, it makes life so much easier. And much more economical.

With all the great writing that goes on around here, you must be tempted to save a lot.

Enjoy!

:wave:

Part-Time Poet

The only problem is that it doesn't work when you are in the ONBC board style mode. :tear:

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Indeppth6_9

I think I like the old one best.....

Unread postby Indeppth6_9 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:43 pm

The old one was much easier to manouver around. It had so many more thing, the calendar, tv listing, games, and soooo much more.

I do however love the avatars, and the emoticons, and the fact that we all have specific user names, now no one can pretend to be anybody else!

Really though, My #1 reason for loveing JDZ is that its the home of JDOCD, My first and only real disease!!!!!

Also, I have got to admit, that I absolutly loved the Bannanna man!

What ever happend to him? :disco:
-Holly Depp (I wish)

"Alright Alright, I watched "Bonanza'" -Johnny Depp On Oprah October 2004

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:56 pm

The last 10 active posts capability is pretty cool! :cool:

Veronica

Unread postby Veronica » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:44 pm

I love the zone because of all the reasons listed but the number one reason is its my only link to knowing anything about Johnny! :drool: Its easy to use & everyone is helpful when you have a question. I can keep an update on new pics, new articles, new magazines to come. Discussing the books I read & sharing how it makes me feel.

How else can I support my JDOCD without my JDOCD friends!
Everything is always okay in the end,
if it's not, then it's not the end.

Today is a gift....Have Fun!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Woo Hoo!

Unread postby Liz » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:46 pm

:disco: The printer option in the ONBC board style works now. :bounce:

:thanks:

mostly harmless

Unread postby mostly harmless » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:48 pm

The button should be on the ONBC style now... ?

Return to “ONBC Archives”