It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: C&TCF Question #13: Favorites?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:09 am 

Which character, other than Willy Wonda or Charlie Bucket, did you like the most? The least?

Thanks, Liz for the great collage!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:31 am 

grandpa joe(i think thats his name,charlies grandpa)
so hopefull and once up on his feet happy and thankfull as a child,who wouldnt want a grandpa like that.

least favorite,forget the name the girl with i want a squirl i want it now,i hate that behaviour,not only greedy but unpolite no respect all the things i think are so important for a child to have,
greets,
es

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:33 am 

There's something about Grandpa Joe, he's like a little kid trapped in an old man's body, and that is why he is my fave character of the whole book, actually.
and I'd say the one I detest the most is the spoiled, manipulative Veruca Salt. Wanting a trained squirrel, can you imagine-out with the garbage, that's good enough for her!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:35 am 

es wrote:
so hopefull and once up on his feet happy and thankfull as a child,who wouldnt want a grandpa like that.

least favorite,forget the name the girl with i want a squirl i want it now,i hate that behaviour,not only greedy but unpolite no respect all the things i think are so important for a child to have,
greets,
es

great minds think alike, es?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:38 am 

deppraved wrote:
es wrote:

greets,
es

great minds think alike, es?

yes,thanks for reminding the name of that girl,funny curious about the others their opinion it would be weird when we all have the same fav and dislike he,greets,
es

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:43 am 
JDZ Moderator

Well, I have to agree with you, es and Deppraved. Grandpa Joe is my favorite. He's got such enthusiasm, and knows how to tell a story. And Veruca Salt is a little brat.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:14 am 

Augustus Gloop is a close second in the love to hate department.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:26 am 

I liked Grandpa Joe too. He is definitely in touch with his inner child! :bounce: I also liked the oompa-loopas just for the sheer fantasy of them and I think they serve as the Greek Chorus as it were, telling the morality behind each story. All of the misbehaving children were annoying, of course as they were meant to be, but I have to say the parents that gave in to them were just as bad!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:37 am 

Ah, yes as some of us know, parenting is a tough gig. Discipline is not fun, for me at least. But one must administer it, and model self-discipline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:48 pm 

Grandpa Joe, I liked, for his kindness and sense of spirit. I couldn't stand any of the brats but probably disliked Veruca the most. She was horrible, maybe because her selfishness seemed to affect others more. (But then, Violet was pretty vile too, enjoying destroying other people's property.) I loved WW's response when he pointed out what Veruca's name meant. But then I also loved the way he responded to Mike as well. You just KNEW they'd met their match. Tee hee!

Post subject: CATCF Question 13 Favourites
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:18 am 

I like the ooompa-loompas,because of their hilarious songs.Who wouldn't want to have whangdoodles,hornswogglers and snozzwangers as pets.Well,maybe not :capnjack:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:51 am 

Quote:
gilly wrote: I like the ooompa-loompas,because of their hilarious songs.Who wouldn't want to have whangdoodles,hornswogglers and snozzwangers as pets.Well,maybe not :capnjack:

Reminds me of the imagination of Dr. Seuss.

Wow! What a ride!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:45 am 
JDZ Moderator

Back to Veruca Salt, my least favorite.....

Didn't she remind you of Angelica from the Rugrats?

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:03 pm 

I haven't been involved in this discussion too much........sorry about that. I do try to read the questions and posts though.

On this question though, it's easy for me........HA! I need easy questions!

I loved Grandpa Joe. Just like someone else mentioned, he seems like a young person stuck in an old body. This was a comment my own grandmother made to me years ago. She was 95 and felt like a young person stuck on an old body. I had never thought of that before.

I also couldn't handle Veruca Salt. Had to laugh at the name because a verruca is a wart. Anyway.......what a spoiled brat. :yuck2:

Love the collage Liz!

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]