It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




 Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:50 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:15 pm
Posts: 18606
Location: near Omaha
Prince Charming! In any fairy tale where Prince Charming has a role. Love those long cloaks and tight tights and ......... ok, you get the idea.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:38 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:50 am
Posts: 5989
Location: Erie, PA, USA
I'll give the Earthsea series a try, Bohemian. I've heard nothing but good things about it. And I second suec's recommendation for the Pullman series - it was really good, very original.



_________________________________________________________
"Oh, good!........ No worries, then."
Offline
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:23 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:56 pm
Posts: 9961
Location: den helder,aan zee
lumineuse wrote:
I'll give the Earthsea series a try, Bohemian. I've heard nothing but good things about it. And I second suec's recommendation for the Pullman series - it was really good, very original.

this movie is coming,
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0385752/
no actors involved yet so keep on hoping!
greets,
es


Offline
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:01 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:00 pm
Posts: 2176
Location: sydney, Australia
YEs the Mad HAtter!!!!!!!!!
and the subtle knife series, i think they are called "his Dark Materials".



_________________________________________________________
before he came down it never snowed.........
Offline
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:30 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:57 pm
Posts: 1381
Location: uk
es wrote:
lumineuse wrote:
I'll give the Earthsea series a try, Bohemian. I've heard nothing but good things about it. And I second suec's recommendation for the Pullman series - it was really good, very original.

this movie is coming,
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0385752/
no actors involved yet so keep on hoping!
greets,
es


How brilliant! I was only thinking that it would be good to do and lo! Here it comes. I guess it had to, really. The Lord of the Rings... Harry Potter... There's obviously potential for more in the genre. I like the idea of Nicole Kidman. Actually, I've been off reading it again. I'd forgotten just how much there was to it. But I do like the idea of Johnny playing Lee Scoresby.



_________________________________________________________
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."
Offline
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: oh I love the Chronicles of Narnia!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:39 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:50 am
Posts: 5989
Location: Erie, PA, USA
johnnyspaiger wrote:
Quote:
Uncle Diggory!


I could have sworn it was Uncle Andrew (Mr. Andrew Ketterley)

Johnny would also do great playing the voice of the Lion...Aslan was it?

-Paige
:blush:


Uncle Andrew was the evil old uncle who took Polly and Diggory to Narnia for the first time in "The Magician's Nephew". When the four Pevensee children go to Narnia in "The Lion the Witch and Wardrobe" they are staying with their Uncle Diggory (same person), and go in through his wardrobe. I think Uncle Diggory is the one es was asking about.



_________________________________________________________
"Oh, good!........ No worries, then."
Offline
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:41 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:50 am
Posts: 5989
Location: Erie, PA, USA
suec wrote:
es wrote:
lumineuse wrote:
I'll give the Earthsea series a try, Bohemian. I've heard nothing but good things about it. And I second suec's recommendation for the Pullman series - it was really good, very original.

this movie is coming,
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0385752/
no actors involved yet so keep on hoping!
greets,
es


How brilliant! I was only thinking that it would be good to do and lo! Here it comes. I guess it had to, really. The Lord of the Rings... Harry Potter... There's obviously potential for more in the genre. I like the idea of Nicole Kidman. Actually, I've been off reading it again. I'd forgotten just how much there was to it. But I do like the idea of Johnny playing Lee Scoresby.


Oohhh, that is good news - it is wonderful material for a movie. I just hope they do it right. Does anyone remember the first animated "The Hobbit"? :yuck:



_________________________________________________________
"Oh, good!........ No worries, then."
Offline
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:01 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:43 pm
Posts: 10376
Location: Austin
Quote:
lumineuse wrote: Oohhh, that is good news - it is wonderful material for a movie. I just hope they do it right. Does anyone remember the first animated "The Hobbit"? :yuck:


:yuck2: Ooooh, don't remind me! :banghead:



_________________________________________________________
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:06 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:52 am
Posts: 1839
Location: California
DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:
Quote:
lumineuse wrote: Oohhh, that is good news - it is wonderful material for a movie. I just hope they do it right. Does anyone remember the first animated "The Hobbit"? :yuck:


:yuck2: Ooooh, don't remind me! :banghead:

Loved the book, HATED that movie. Not good. :banghead:



_________________________________________________________
"So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself, who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on the shore and merely existed." ~HST~
Offline
 Profile  
 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


phpBB skin developed by: John Olson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group