It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Life Question #28 ~ Final Thoughts
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:28 am 

Interesting Cyn thanks for your thoughts :ok: I may be the first you've known but I'm not the only one one :lol:
I guess there was something I just latched on to with Keith he just appealed to my teenage heart. I have never known exactly what it will be that will turn me on to one person and its too long ago now for me to know how I came to only be interested in Keith, or why I was attracted to him, why I found him to be the good looking guy I found him to be, find him to be. All I know is I fell head over heels for him and that after a few years I moved on but always had a fondness for him although I didn't keep up entirely with what was going on with him or the band after all it was pre internet it was too hard to do so :lol: I think finding out that Johnny was friends with him re awakened my interest enough to start finding out as much as I could again just fill in a few things I hadn't kept up with and then last year it kicked in fully, I thought at first it was just a nostalgia trip the re release of Exile and the documentry but no its full on :lol: I have immersed myself in the music, collected pictures, articles, books and have over 30 DVD's now. :cloud9:
I like a huge range of music and have done so over the years without caring that much about the bands or singers involved except for ones I really like. Also my reawakening interest in Keith has also reawakened an interest in music I used to have like The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac. Maybe I've just become more musically aware again :lol:
I wouldn't call myself a fan of the Beatles but I like some of their music and I know a fair bit about them, weird :lol: and Liz I don't really like The Who but I could probably tell you a few random facts about them too. Perhaps I'm just wired that way. :lol:

Btw Cyn I was very keen on Wings even had some of their albums and I realised that most of the Beatles music I liked had Paul singing lead not John.
And Keith's favorite Beatles song is Please Please Me :lol:

Btw no one answered my other question about the Stones later music, would I be right in assuming that most people only know the earlier stuff the 60's and early 70's stuff perhaps. The albums Black and Blue and Tattoo You have such good songs on and Some Girls. I think Tattoo You is probably my favorite then there is the much later Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge, Bridges to Babylon and even The Bigger Bang.

Oh and I just want to say thanks again to everyone here for in a way allowing me to talk about Keith after all there is no where else I can do that in such a nice enviroment. :bouquet:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:08 pm 

Liz wrote:
But still, there is the Johnny level, and then there is everybody else.

:applause2: :ok: EXCELLENT way to put it! :heart2:

Gilbert's Girl wrote:
Interesting Cyn thanks for your thoughts :ok: I may be the first you've known but I'm not the only one one :lol:

Other than Johnny, I meant to say! :lol: You and him are the only ones I've known of, but yes, I'm very sure there's others, especially in UK where Keith is from.

Quote:
I guess there was something I just latched on to with Keith he just appealed to my teenage heart. I have never known exactly what it will be that will turn me on to one person and its too long ago now for me to know how I came to only be interested in Keith, or why I was attracted to him, why I found him to be the good looking guy I found him to be, find him to be. All I know is I fell head over heels for him and that after a few years I moved on but always had a fondness for him although I didn't keep up entirely with what was going on with him or the band after all it was pre internet it was too hard to do so :lol: I think finding out that Johnny was friends with him re awakened my interest enough to start finding out as much as I could again just fill in a few things I hadn't kept up with and then last year it kicked in fully, I thought at first it was just a nostalgia trip the re release of Exile and the documentry but no its full on :lol: I have immersed myself in the music, collected pictures, articles, books and have over 30 DVD's now. :cloud9:
I like a huge range of music and have done so over the years without caring that much about the bands or singers involved except for ones I really like. Also my reawakening interest in Keith has also reawakened an interest in music I used to have like The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac. Maybe I've just become more musically aware again :lol:

That was very interesting to read, GG--I'd always wondered about your background story about Keith, and Johnny too, actually. :innocent:

Quote:
I wouldn't call myself a fan of the Beatles but I like some of their music and I know a fair bit about them, weird :lol: and Liz I don't really like The Who but I could probably tell you a few random facts about them too. Perhaps I'm just wired that way. :lol:

Btw Cyn I was very keen on Wings even had some of their albums and I realised that most of the Beatles music I liked had Paul singing lead not John.
And Keith's favorite Beatles song is Please Please Me :lol:

OK that was interesting! Wonder what Paul's fave Stones song is? lol
I was only a rabid fan of Paul's way back when they first came on the scene, for only a few years afterward, til I grew out of that stage and progressed on to others, like Rod Stewart, Steve McQueen and Warren Beatty (who was beyond gorgeous in his prime, and had a charming persona too). There were never any other actors/celebs that 'did it for me' until Johnny, and he will definitely be the last, I am sure, since no one could possibly top him.

Quote:
Btw no one answered my other question about the Stones later music, would I be right in assuming that most people only know the earlier stuff the 60's and early 70's stuff perhaps. The albums Black and Blue and Tattoo You have such good songs on and Some Girls. I think Tattoo You is probably my favorite then there is the much later Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge, Bridges to Babylon and even The Bigger Bang.

My heyday with the Stones was only in the mid-late 60's and through most of the 70's, when it eventually died out, only to be reawakened again with the song Miss You--in the early 80's, I think?, which I loved enough to go out and buy the album Some Girls. That was the last recording of their's I've bought. I only have about 7 or 8 of their albums...maybe 10 at the very most, and I can't remember exactly which ones they are, except I DO know I have Let It Bleed with my Monkey Man on it-- :biggrin: --and Sticky Fingers with the real, actual zipper on the front, and Aftermath (I think it's called?)--which was the first Stones album I bought with my allowance money back in the mid-60's, and the one that first came out with Gimme Shelter on it, and Midnight Rambler too, I think... this is all so vague in my mind/memory; and It's Only Rock 'n Roll But I Like It (but that was my ex-DH's that he brought into the marriage lol). I know I have others but just like my pics I took at the concert in June, '75, they're stored away in a pretty inaccessible place right now, even though I do have a stereo with a turntable to play them on. I just don't play music anymore like I used to. I still have all 500 or so albums from my album-collecting years though.
I sometimes play songs here on the computer that I've downloaded from youtube, etc., but I have tons of albums, CD's and tapes that I just don't play anymore. I stopped playing them when my boyfriend died in 2007, because he and I used to play them all the time together. He had the same musical tastes I have, except he was a hard-core Dead fan, and I never liked them much. The very first album I bought--back in the mid-60's with my little bit of allowance money I had saved up--was Meet the Beatles. It was the only album they had out so far. Now look at them. I seem to have started off my music fandom at an early age with excellent taste! :lol:

Quote:
Oh and I just want to say thanks again to everyone here for in a way allowing me to talk about Keith after all there is no where else I can do that in such a nice enviroment. :bouquet:

:ok: :hug:

Aren't there any nice Keith message boards?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:16 am 

I don't think so there are some very savage Stones boards out there but I haven't really looked for a Keith board mainly becasue I don't want to really get that involved with any other boards other than this one which is the best board ever :lol:

Interesting what you say about your music, sorry that you don't play it as much as before. I think I increased mine when I bought my mp3 player much easier to listen to and also I have it all on the computer too.
Re connecting with music has been quite an amazing thing for me, for years I avoided youtube but then I discovered so much on there, it just opened up so much musically, there is just so much Stones material on it, and I hadn't known before :lol:

Gimme Shelter and Midnight Rambler are on Let it Bleed . I love to watch them do Midnight Rambler live as Mick and Keith do alot of interaction on it.

There are lots of Keith fans all over the world as far as I know. Most fans of the Stones favour either Mick or Keith although of course many fans just like the music or like them equally or whatever. Or they like Brian Jones or Mick Taylor or Ronnie Wood. I think with bands when you get very devoted fans there is always some favoritism for certain members over the others its just the way it is.

I think my earliest interest with music was with the Monkees :lol:

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3