It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Q&A with A.C. Crispin - #11
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:16 am 
JDZ Moderator

This will be the final Q&A. DITHOT and I want to thank Ann for graciously participating in so many aspects of this discussion – the initial interview, the Q&A and for her participation in the discussion itself. We are honored to have had her presence on ONBC.
:thanks!: Ann.

Noodlemantras, keep a sharp eye on tidbits for our next book discussion, Life by Keith Richards. “Life” permitting, tidbits will begin on October 10.

And now for our final question…….

ONBC: Will there be a prequel to "The Price of Freedom", to give us more info on Jack's childhood?

Ann: I don’t think so. I was told that Disney has the right to write Jack Sparrow stories when Jack is a young lad, up to about age 16, then Johnny Depp owns the rights to the character from age 16-19. That’s why the youngest Jack could be in my book was 20 years old.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject: Re: Q&A with A.C. Crispin - #11
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:40 am 

That's interesting. I wonder if he wants to avoid the creation of someone else's vision of Jack or whether he has specific plans. Very interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:10 pm 
JDZ Web Designer

Very interesting. Johnny owns the rights to the 16-19 years?

Well then, how about a story starting at the end of Price of Freedom? Maybe telling the story of how Barbossa came to be Jack's first mate...or even the time before that happened? Oh, the possibilities!

Thanks for your time with us, Ann. It's really nice when a writer actively participates in our discussions.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:55 pm 

Is it me or does this sound absurd that a fictional character can have his rights divided up by age? I suppose lawyers sit around and figure the value of those rights. Personally I think Johnny invented Jack no matter how they divide him up.
I guess we should be thankful that Ann could write the book at all. Glad you have more patience than I do Ann.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
 Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:37 pm 

:applause2: Thanks Ann, DITHOT and Liz!

Brilliant book and a great discussion. :heart2: I've thoroughly enjoyed every minute, luv!

It is interesting that Johnny would want 16-19. :perplexed: Maybe he was just trying to protect Jack from being the cover boy on all those teen mags! :harhar:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:47 am 

Theresa wrote:
Very interesting. Johnny owns the rights to the 16-19 years?

Well then, how about a story starting at the end of Price of Freedom? Maybe telling the story of how Barbossa came to be Jack's first mate...or even the time before that happened? Oh, the possibilities!

Thanks for your time with us, Ann. It's really nice when a writer actively participates in our discussions.

My thoughts, too.

It would be nice to have a good writer such as Ann (actually, I'd prefer her!) to a sequel or follow up to TPoF. Maybe when she's got some down time again? (hint hint) ;-)

Profile WWW YIM 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:11 am 

My post got eaten again yesterday, so I will try one more time to express my appreciation to Ann for participating in the discussion and doing the Q&A. I hope your time with us has been a pleasure for you, I know it has been a joy for us.

Liz, DITHOT, as always you ladies have done a wonderful job leading us through this selection. I am looking forward to the next book, it should be quite a ride!

Fellow noodlemantras, thank you for sharing all your wisdom and viewpoints! :cool: Each of you is a vital part of this experience.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:17 pm 

Thank you Ann for sharing your time and insights with us. It is greatly appreciated. And of course - Liz and DITHOT another outstanding lead through our discussions. Finding ONBC has certainly increased my reading and my enjoyment of books. Makes me sad to see any discussion end. :thankyou:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:26 pm 

I too, have very much enjoyed reading the book and joining in with the discussion! I've learned a lot, both from fellow Zoners and also by having the wonderful opportunity to read Ann's contributions. :-) :-) :-) :thanks!: all so very much.

I so enjoyed having the book to enjoy to keep the magic going once OST had moved on from the cinema.

"Tis not an easy thing to be entirely happy, but to be kind is very easy, and that is the greatest measure of happiness" - John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester

**Special thanks to es for help with my lovely avatar**! !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:10 pm 

I actually submitted plot outlines for two other books, while Disney was trying to decide what time period they wanted for the novel. I could write them. Both would occur after the events in TPOF.

However, this is Disney Editions decision to make, not mine. I know they must be watching the e-book and hardcover sales closely. So if you'd like another book or two, keep spreading the word about them, and encourage people to buy them.

Anyone who buys a copy is entitled to a signed, TPOF bookplate, which is the back cover of the book.

Just mail me a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:

Ann Crispin
P.O. Box 827
Bryantown, MD 20617-0827

If you have a special way you'd like your bookplate inscribed, include that in a note, okay?

It's been a real pleasure interacting with everyone! It's a writers' dream to interact with smart, observant readers, and you are all that way!

Hugs,

:toastingpirates:

Release date: May 17, 2011
 Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:19 pm 

Thank you, Ann! It always adds so much to our discussion when the author is able to participate. We really do appreciate it! :thankyou:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]