Fantastic news! A thank-you letter from Johnny Depp!

Give in Johnny's honor and help Japan recover from March's earthquake and tsunami.
jeanetter2004

Re: Fantastic news! A thank-you letter from Johnny Depp!

Unread post by jeanetter2004 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:40 pm

docplacer wrote:Well that certainly made my day!

Being one of those fortunate individuals doing well in hard times, I consider it my privilege to be able to contrubute to those in need. But I am very, very choosy about how I do it. I am a Rotarian and most of my contributions go through the amazing Rotary Foundation that responds to immediate emergency needs in astounding time and manner with their Shelter Box program and many other ways, without spending a single dollar on administration.

In addition, having been a Zoner nearly from the beginning, it has been a real treat to contribute to the annual bithday projects. And to have Johnny recognize those contributions and respond as he has the last few years, is just icing on the cake. I have to believe that there is no other web site devoted to a performer, that achieves the visibility and attention of that performer, like we have here at the Zone. It is also my strong belief that this is the result of the genuine respect shown to Johnny by this site, as well as the birthday projects that have earned his personal recognition.

May we always retain that respect and continue supporting causes near and dear to his heart as well as our own. I congratulate all Zoners, not only for what we give in dollars, but what we give in spirit, respect and love to both Johnny and to each other.
Well said!!
"Twenty million dollars worth of plastic surgery and that's the face you choose?'' "Do you not like it?" "It'll do." ~~Elise Ward/Frank Tupelo, The Tourist

"I like rum. Rum's good!"~~Captain Jack Sparrow

jdpes

Unread post by jdpes » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:41 pm

:thanks!: Johnny! :worldhug:

shadi

Unread post by shadi » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:14 pm

Wow :yikes:
The letter is amazing!
Lucky you! :flashingheart:
Johnny is so kind! :smiliewithhearts:

part-time poet

Unread post by part-time poet » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:05 pm

Jackslady wrote:A beautiful letter from a beautiful man. Just lovely. :loveshower:
It's certainly heartwarming, isn't it? :smiliewithhearts:

I'm always amazed that Johnny can find the time to write to us, and to give a donation to Mercy Corps is such a touching gesture. It's clear how much he loves Japan and cares about the people there. :japan:

:worldhug:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

Jack's Wench

Unread post by Jack's Wench » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:23 pm

I agree PtP, that's what makes the letter so very, very special. The fact that he took time out of his very busy life to just drop us a line to say thanks.
It means so much :heart2: :heart2:
Dreams really do come true!
Just Believe....... 26th April 2007

"We're having too good a time today, we ain't thinking about tomorrow"

BonBon

Unread post by BonBon » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Johnny is always incredible! That's why we admire him! :smiliewithhearts: :grouphug:
He looked at my pictures then to me and he said "Oh very good" 14/12/2010 in Berlin... the day I met Johnny Depp. 8/11/2011 in Paris... I met him again...19/7/2013 in Berlin...I met him for the third time! UNBELIEVABLE

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread post by fireflydances » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:53 pm

Yeah, that's for true!! :angel:
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread post by Theresa » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:23 pm

Today I received a very nice letter from Mercy Corps regarding Johnny's donation. Although the letter is addressed to me, since I was the one who set up the fundraising page, the contents are for all of the members of the Zone...for a birthday project well done!

Hello Theresa,

I work closely with Minda Seibert, who I believe you've been in contact with regarding your awesome Johnny Depp Zone fundraising efforts for Japan. Your group has done outstanding work for Mercy Corps, and we are continually grateful!

It's my great pleasure to inform you that Johnny Depp has made a generous donation to Japan "in honor of the efforts of The Johnny Depp Zone." Thank you so much for helping connect Johnny with Mercy Corps! The office is abuzz with the news, and we've been so excited to let you and the group know. This is an amazing development!

We unfortunately can't give many more details due to donor confidentiality, but you can rest assured that this gift was a very welcome boost to our relief work. Please feel free to contact me at any time with questions about our work in Japan or in other tough places around the world.

Thank you again, Theresa, for all you've done to fundraise with The Johnny Depp Zone and for helping provide an avenue for even more contributions...from the man himself! We are thrilled to have your community as part of our circle.

Best wishes,
Carlene

Carlene Deits
Community Fundraising Associate
http://www.mercycorps.org

Mercy Corps helps people turn the crises they confront into the opportunities they deserve. Driven by local needs, our programs provide communities in the world's toughest places with the tools and support they need to transform their own lives.

shadowydog

Unread post by shadowydog » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:42 pm

:-O I am speechless. What a wonderful present to all of the Zone to be the recipient of such a wonderful present from such a wonderful man that also will benefit those in Japan who suffered so much. Sorry I can't help this: :bawl: :blush: :truefan: :loveshower:
I have nothing to do and all day to do it in.

FANtasticJD

Unread post by FANtasticJD » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:43 pm

Theresa, WOW! That's a lovely letter and wonderful news that Johnny came through as promised and so quickly. It's beyond amazing and endearing that he mentioned us. I can just imagine how excited the Mercy Corps office was! And thank you and PTP for your continuing efforts to honor Johnny with such inspiring and worthwhile projects. I'm proud to be a small part of this community effort. :applause2:

And Johnny, you're a person beyond words. I salute you and thank you.
“Who wants to be normal when you can be unique?”
Helena Bonham Carter

part-time poet

Unread post by part-time poet » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:09 pm

Theresa wrote:It's my great pleasure to inform you that Johnny Depp has made a generous donation to Japan "in honor of the efforts of The Johnny Depp Zone."
Wow. :thud:

What a beautiful gesture. Johnny never ceases to amaze me. I wish I could be eloquent about this, but it's so stunning that I can't find words.

What a great guy.

:angel:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

hurricane

Unread post by hurricane » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:14 pm

That is a truly wondrous thing. Theresa, Part-Time-Poet and Johnny, you have together created a magical reunion of wishes, resources and hopes. The Mercy Corps is the blessed beneficiary who can now go out and really change lives.
I love you all.
"Eddie doesn't pass judgement on people."
"That's right. If I did, I'd have no friends." - Ed Wood

westie

Unread post by westie » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:18 pm

All I can say is wow! That is so lovely of Johnny to take the time to write a thank you letter, and give a donation himself! That is great that you have now received a letter confirming it :applause: Thank you Johnny, you truly are amazing :loveshower:

I was not able to donate, but a huge congratulations to everyone at the Zone for the donation :worldhug:

Carol Darlin'

Unread post by Carol Darlin' » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:23 pm

:loveshower: Love you Johnny
"This is the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow...Savvy?"

"Thanks, Man. I'll do my best."

Kittycat88

Unread post by Kittycat88 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:05 pm

You're a good pirate, Mr, Depp, and a good man!!

You continue to inspire me.

Again, thanks PtP and Theresa for their hard work in bringing this all about.