It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Please click here to view the forum rules

Page 3 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Which characters should have sequels?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:30 am 

Peachy wrote:
Trygirl wrote:
Quote:
First, I would love to know what happened between Roux and Vianne in Chocolat. I know the book has a sequel but I haven't read it and I don't think Roux is mentioned in it. (aside from being the father of Vianne's youngest child)

Trygirl - you should check out "the Lolipop shoes" (or in the US "The Girl With No Shadow") because there is actually quite a lot of Roux in it! It's very different from Chocolat but I enjoyed it immensely. I would love them to make a film of it.

Back to the question, I think I'd love to see Mort in his new life, that could be interesting. And I always wondered what Ichabod got up to after he left Sleepy Hollow!

Thanks Peachy for that information because I too would like to see sequels of those characters too along with Gilbert and Sam :ok:

Last edited by audamay on Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote "" you mean our grandchildren"

:paint: My Art Gallery
 Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:35 pm 

b.p. olive wrote:
shadowydog wrote:
I can't think of any that I would want to see a sequel of. They all seemed to end with the story finished. Sequels would ruin that.

I agree . . . with the exception of Captain Jack Sparrow. :grin:

Much as I love Captain Jack, I think the sequels couldn't compare to POTC1. I feel like Disney is just trying to milk a money cow without regard for quality; Johnny loves playing the captain but I think it is a bit self-indulgent. I would have preferred to have that first fabulous movie and to be left wanting more. :-/ JMHO I do have curiosity about some of the characters, Cesar for sure and Roux, but more is not always better.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:27 pm 

The only one I can think of that might have been good for a sequal would have been Agent Sands as has been mentioned - the rest seemed pretty much at the end of their story.

As for Capt. Jack - to me there was more story to be told of the dear Captain. I don't think that the next two movies really did that. To me they were more about Elizabeth and Will than Jack and it was their story that was brought to an end with AWE. Jack still has a ways to go in my mind before I'm done with him.... :flirt: ....I can't wait until the next which seems to be his movie from what we've seen of the filming of it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:07 pm 

I'd like to see Agent Sands and/or Mort again - definitely :love:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:31 pm 

From a Q&A with Robert Rodriguez in Latino Review, the interview was about Machete, but the reporter wisely asks...

“Everybody thought Johnny Depp’s character was gonna have his own movie.

RODRIGUEZ: I know! That would have been so great. “Once Upon A Time In Mexico Part II: The Man With No Eyes is BACK!” Would have been good. Maybe I’ll just do a trailer.”

I think we should all write in to Robert Rodriguez and encourage him to do that trailer. I bet Johnny would be on board for it

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:25 pm 

I'd like to see something like "The Further Adventures of Capt'Jack". Maybe a series like #5,#6.#7 and so on. PotC #2 and #3 was way too much about Liz and Will. I like to see the further adventures of Mort in some format, too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:02 pm 

Rivka wrote:
I think we should all write in to Robert Rodriguez and encourage him to do that trailer. I bet Johnny would be on board for it

I agree :loveshower:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:23 pm 

samwilton wrote:
I would like to see Mort Rainey have a sequel I :heart: Morty

Mort Mort Mort!
A sequel to Secret Window would be a crazy movie!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:41 pm 

Rivka wrote:
From a Q&A with Robert Rodriguez in Latino Review, the interview was about Machete, but the reporter wisely asks...

“Everybody thought Johnny Depp’s character was gonna have his own movie.

RODRIGUEZ: I know! That would have been so great. “Once Upon A Time In Mexico Part II: The Man With No Eyes is BACK!” Would have been good. Maybe I’ll just do a trailer.”

What a pity that Robert Rodriguez is bogged down with Spy Kids - if there is any character of Johnny's whose story I'd like to see continue it's Agent Sands. no El though - his story is done.

I'd also like to see more of the Mad Hatter, Mort Rainey and Captain Jack of course - but with Mort it's perhaps better to leave the ending as it is - I don't think it could be a happy one if they continued it!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:33 pm 

This is a great question. But as that old show biz saying goes: 'Always leave 'em wanting more.'
Now that that's out of the way, I would love to see sequels for:

Gilbert--first and foremost. Although I think the ending implied that he and Becky would be together forever--lucky girl! :grin:

Sands! for sure!
Sam
Roux
Ichabod
Axel
Don Juan--even though that wasn't his real name
Dean
Mort

and last but not least--Sweeney's ghost/spirit. He probably watched over Johanna the rest of her life. :lilyrose: :bawl:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm 

There are so many more incredible tales to be told of Jack Sparrow. His character begs for stories to be told. Bring on the legend - either in movie form or books!

Gather yourself by the sea, I will love you there. Assemble yourself with wild things, songs of the sparrow and seafoam. Let mad beauty collect in your eyes - for I long for a man with nests of wild things in his hair. A man who will Kiss the Flame.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:05 pm 

nebraska wrote:
b.p. olive wrote:
shadowydog wrote:
I can't think of any that I would want to see a sequel of. They all seemed to end with the story finished. Sequels would ruin that.

I agree . . . with the exception of Captain Jack Sparrow. :grin:

Much as I love Captain Jack, I think the sequels couldn't compare to POTC1. I feel like Disney is just trying to milk a money cow without regard for quality; Johnny loves playing the captain but I think it is a bit self-indulgent. I would have preferred to have that first fabulous movie and to be left wanting more. :-/ JMHO I do have curiosity about some of the characters, Cesar for sure and Roux, but more is not always better.

I'm pretty sure most of the posters here have already seen the deleted scenes for COTBP, but for those that haven't there is a scene on the island where Jack confronts Elizabeth with the truth about his 'legend' and shows off some very nasty scars. This is a very different Jack to the comedic character we all know and love - he was a damaged haunted man. I'd like to see some more of this side of him in future films, as it would develop the character more. I suspect Disney do not want to go 'too dark' despite the fact that one of their heroes got his heart cut out at the end of AWE. :yikes:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:27 pm 

OMG, totally Wade 'Cry Baby' Walker!! I love that film and always wonder what happens to Cry Baby and Allison when they grow up! Drapes and Squares are so 'Romeo and Juliet' and if John Waters could write and direct a sequel I'd be in the front row!
Iggy Pop and Ricki Lake are also fabulous in this film!
Absolutely love it to bits :truefan:

(Thanks for the thread!)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:24 pm 

anything BUT Cap'n Jack - if they do a 5th I sincerely hope that is the end - enough already, he'll be ruined for the more serious smaller films he truly excels at.

First and foremost - Sands
Second - how about Joe Pistone
Third - would love to see more of Roux
Fourth - Gilbert Grape

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:19 pm 

docplacer wrote:
anything BUT Cap'n Jack - if they do a 5th I sincerely hope that is the end - enough already, he'll be ruined for the more serious smaller films he truly excels at.

I highly suspect Captain Jack is not going to ruin Johnny for anything. Johnny has proven his versatility. And I think he excels at Captain Jack, too.

I've seen a lot of characters' names on here that make me ask questions.
How does one successfully do a sequel to a movie based on a book/novella/story written by someone who did not write a sequel? (Even Gilbert Grape, Roux, and Dean Corso were from books which had no sequels - unfortunately) And how does one do a sequel movie about a real person? Well, okay, I suppose the real person one can be done, but I don't think Joe Pistone would appreciate a sequel since he's not really out there where he can easily be found. His life depends on anonymity. Johnny's pretty careful about his "real person" portrayals, too.

I really think sequels only work properly when they follow movies that were originally meant to be movies -- not books. That is unless the book has one or more sequels such as is the case with the Harry Potter series.

Just my thoughts. :twocents:

Captain Jack: "Well . . There is a chest."
Norrington: "Oh Dear."

Page 3 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next