It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: William Helmer Q&A #15
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:23 am 
JDZ Moderator

ONBC: What projects are you currently working on?

WH: Trying to wind up, for Indiana University, a possible book tentatively titled "Al Capone and His American Boys--Memoirs of the wife of a gangster who participated in the St. Valentine's Day Massacre." (Found them in an FBI file from 1934.) Then hoping to get back in print an expanded history of the Tommygun published by Macmillan in 1969 called "The Gun That Made the Twenties Roar."

This is our final Q&A and time to bid a final farewell to Johnnie Dillinger (until the DVD comes out). DITHOT & I want to thank Mr. Helmer and the Noodlemantras for participating in this. It has been quite eye opening. :dillingerhat:

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject: Re: William Helmer Q&A #15
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:04 pm 

Mr Helmer was indeed a trooper to answer our questions! Thank you ever so much for honoring ONBC with your participation!

Liz, DITHOT, as always you have done a fabulous job leading us through the tidbits, discussion, and this fabulous Q&A with the author. Fellow Noodlemantras, you rock! :bounce:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:12 pm 

:dillingerhat: A big "tip of the Dillinger hat" to Mr. Helmer for answering all our questions with such honesty.

Of course a big "tip of the Dillinger hat" :dillingerhat: to Liz and DITHOT for their leadership and to all the noodlemantras for the great questions. :applause2:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:44 pm 

Yes, many thanks to Liz and DITHOT for all the work, energy and dedication. It makes the book exploration interesting and fun. Examining all sides of the story.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:27 pm 

Liz and DITHOT, you'd better watch out. I'm beginning to expect the exceptional from the two of you. You never cease to amaze me. :loveshower: (I hadn't noticed that little guy before, but he sure is cute.) And I'm so pleased that there's no gap between the ending of one book and the tidbits for the next.

At the close of my book-discussion-that-meets-at-the-library last week, I mentioned that that first book club I'd participated in was online. After a bunch of questions about logistics, I confessed that it was here--and not only my first book club, but the most impressive. As usual, you rock!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:44 pm 

fansmom wrote:
Liz and DITHOT, you'd better watch out. I'm beginning to expect the exceptional from the two of you. You never cease to amaze me. :loveshower: (I hadn't noticed that little guy before, but he sure is cute.) And I'm so pleased that there's no gap between the ending of one book and the tidbits for the next.

At the close of my book-discussion-that-meets-at-the-library last week, I mentioned that that first book club I'd participated in was online. After a bunch of questions about logistics, I confessed that it was here--and not only my first book club, but the most impressive. As usual, you rock!

:lol: Yes, when I talk about my "on-line" book club I don't usually just blurt out where it is located. Then I hastily do some explaining about the books and the education level and all of that, and how interesting it is to share views with people from all over the world, but somehow when people hear it is a Johnny Depp website I think they must assume it is really dumbed down for a group of silly fans. Little would they guess how very smart and deep our members are! :dillingerhat: However, they are ALWAYS impressed when they learn how many authors have consented to take part here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:43 pm 

I am sad that out time spent with Mr Helmer and Dillinger has come to an end. I truly enjoyed it and as fansmom said we are all getting so spoiled here that your exceptional running of our little book club has become the norm and we almost expect it.

I laughed with you Nebraska at having to explain the excellence of our book club because so many people think as you say "it is really dumbed down for a group of silly fans". Little do they know that Johnny reads enough to keep us very challenged. I have found myself explaining that to so many people after I mention my favorite book club is on the Johnny Depp zone and they give me the eye roll.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
 Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:51 pm 
JDZ Web Designer

gemini wrote:
I am sad that out time spent with Mr Helmer and Dillinger has come to an end. I truly enjoyed it and as fansmom said we are all getting so spoiled here that your exceptional running of our little book club has become the norm and we almost expect it.

I laughed with you Nebraska at having to explain the excellence of our book club because so many people think as you say "it is really dumbed down for a group of silly fans". Little do they know that Johnny reads enough to keep us very challenged. I have found myself explaining that to so many people after I mention my favorite book club is on the Johnny Depp zone and they give me the eye roll.

And then I hope you tell them that we study quantum physics, the string theory, and Schrodinger's cat in our silly little book club! Not to mention Russian history, American history, English literature, the Indian culture and countless other mind-stretching ideas.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:47 pm 

Theresa wrote:
gemini wrote:

And then I hope you tell them that we study quantum physics, the string theory, and Schrodinger's cat in our silly little book club! Not to mention Russian history, American history, English literature, the Indian culture and countless other mind-stretching ideas.

Sure do! :cool:

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
 Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:49 pm 

Not to mention a little rock and roll now and then... :guitar: :grin:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:04 am 
JDZ Moderator

Hee hee. :grin:

We're so well rounded, not to mention well read!

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]