It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Please click here to view the forum rules

Page 2 of 7 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Favorite Jack Sparrow Moment
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:39 pm 

Flo, that is one of my favorite scenes for many reasons. I love everything Capt. Jack says and does during this scene.
And I love the glow / lighting of the scene.

From POTC 1, I loved Jack's entrance on sinking boat.
A favorite quote - "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." ( Jack tells Will)

Elizabeth & Jack on the island.

POTC 2 - "Look an undead monkey. Top that." :grin:
When Elizabeth talks to Jack about the fact that she should have been married by now. And he goes on about how they are alike and etc. :biglaugh:

POTC 3 - Jack and the goat scene :truefan:
Also, when Jack meets up with everyone in the locker.

All 3 movies had so many great lines.
Jack is the best! I love that pirate! :thud:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:02 am 

LOL, yeah all of these are memorable indeed!
2 of my personal favorites are these:
When Captain Jack Sparrow is walking along the beach alone and then starts girly-voiced talk, "Must have been lonely being here all alone.....", mocking Elizabeth. then yelling, "well, it bloody is now!!"
And also when he lops off Barbossa's hat feather during the sword duel.
I laughed out loud at those (and other) scenes.

Snowcat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:24 am 

:lol: Some great memories there, I love all of the moments mentioned.

I also love the part in DMC where Elizabeth steps aboard The Black Pearl dressed as a cabin boy and Jack at first doesn't recognise her. He says to Elizabeth that she can only come aboard dressed either in a dress or nothing and he would prefer nothing. :lol: I love that part.

I also love in AWE at the end where Elizabeth says to Jack, it would never have worked out between us and Jack says 'Keep telling yourself that darlin'....fantastic. :lol:

I feel the urge to watch all 3 Pirates films again now as I've not seen them for a few months. :capnjack: :capnjack:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:04 am 

I have to agree whole heartedly with Captain Jack's entrance in P1. I love that first shot of him -- his back. :heart:

Many of my favorite Captain Jack moments don't have any words at all, but there are a few.

1) When he cuts Elizabeth's corset and rips it off of her, in P1
2) When he pulls the pistol on Will in the blacksmith's shop, Will says, "You cheated," and Captain Jack says, "Pirate." (P1)
3) The look on his face just before/as the hangman pulls the lever to hang him in P1.
4) the whole "Peas in a Pod" conversation that's in the deleted scenes for P1

P2 has precious few that I really like, but . . .
1) When Will puts a sword to Captain Jack's throat after they've boarded the Black Pearl at the cannibal island. Captain Jack just stares at him a moment then pushes the sword away and goes on. I think I've worn that part of the P2 DVD out. :lol:
2) When Captain Jack is hanging upside down from the pole lodged between two cliffs, and sighs then says "Bugger."

P3 . . .
1) When Captain Jack is swinging on the rope and spins around with the pistol aimed at Davy Jones and the chest (during the maelstrom scene).
2) When Captain Jack levels a look at Beckett and says, "What interest is she to you?" (about Elizabeth in Beckett's quarters on the Endeavour)
3) When Captain Jack is picked up after his parachute escape. He gives an order that Barbossa belays and Captain Jack stands his ground and belays back until he gets what he wants. :love:

Of course there are a lot of others, but these are ALWAYS watched. :blush:

Captain Jack: "Well . . There is a chest."
Norrington: "Oh Dear."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:24 am 

mytreasure wrote:
Top favorite for me is in POTC2 when he returns to the Pearl to fight the Kraken. The moment when he steps on the gun and Elizabeth looks up. (OMG! Squeal!)Image
Second favorite is in POTC3 when he grabs Elizabeth right before Davy Jones men descend upon Will and they fly away in the parachute.
I LOVE hero moments, and those just make me melt.....

mytreasure,My favorite is completely the same as you. :goodvibes:

And others... ;-)

1 CotBP:the last scene before Jack shuts the compass.
“Now,bring me that horizon”Jack's eyes.

2 DMC:When Jack faces Kraken.
“Hello,beastie” :thud:

3 AWE:After Will returned Mr.Gibbs asked Jack,“Cap'n?”
Jack said “Fire”...his voice... :stretcher:

I seem to love hero moments and last scenes. :grin: :pirategunshot:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:55 am 

What a fantastic idea for a thread! Thank you! :bouquet:

Every scene with Captain Jack is utterly fabulous and totally memorable of course but after much deliberation, head-scratching and hair-pulling, I've whittled them down mercilessly to these ones as probably being my favourites (but I really have LOADS more):

P1:
It has to be Captain Jack's entrance, it's when I first really "noticed" Johnny, having been only "aware" of him before that. (Shame on me! :banghead: )
Sigh............. :twohearts:

"Easy on the goods darlin'" - Oh my, his expression just floors me every time! :goodvibes:

My favourite line in P1: It has to be, "Bring me that horizon", more especially as Johnny actually wrote it himself. :kiss:

P2:
Favourite scene - The entire "Curiosity" scene with Elizabeth, especially the bit with the cannon! Absolutely hilarious and pure Johnny! :grin:

"Hello Beastie" - Captain Jack at his most noble, facing certain death with a smile on his face and defiance in his eyes. But so, so sad........ :bawl:

"Pirate" after the treacherous Elizabeth has kissed him and chained him to the mizzen mast (Nope, I'll never forgive her for that! :censored: ) His expression is just......... :heart:

P3:
My favourite line in P3, from Gillette:
"Do you think he plans it all out or just makes it up as he goes along?"
An absolute cracker, it makes me giggle every time, because it's just so right! :lol:

Also, at the end when Elizabeth says to Jack, "Jack, it never would have worked out between us", and Jack says, "Keep tellin' yerself that darlin'" - his expression is just gorgeous..... :heart:

But I have many, many more. In fact, there's not a single line or scene in which Captain Jack appears in each of the three films that isn't memorable and unique for some reason, and it's because of Johnny's amazing characterisation and acting talent, not to mention the sheer range of his facial expressions. :kiss:

H. :capnjack:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:50 pm 

I absolutely love Captain Jack Sparrow's childish moments...hehe

POTC 2: "I got a jar of dirt, I got a jar of dirt, and guess whats inside it ?"

I also love the scene in POTC 3 when Jack tries to outdo Barbossa with his telescope, but it comes out to only be about a quarter of the size. In a later scene, he comes back with a telescope that is so big and heavy that it sags at the end ! :lol:

The entire beginning of POTC 3 with the many Jacks aboard the Black Pearl makes me laugh every time without fail :capnjack: .

Ooh and that expression on his face at the end of COTBP when he says "...And really bad eggs, drink up me hearties yo ho" as he's looking at his compass. :cloud9:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:34 pm 

Great topic, I just watched POTC1 on Valentines day with my whole family and made every be quiet at the end with "now, bring me that horizon" absolutely tears me up. In DMC I also just love when the Capt. comes back to the Pearl and picks up the gun with Elizabeth hanging on his leg and the music, I just whip the sound up, and when he is the chief shouting to the natives "more wood, I am chief, need more wood" then when he is ready to be roasted he says "well done", just love it, cracks me up. IN AWE I love his first encounter with the crew in Davey Jones locker, when he is asking Capt. Teaque "how's mum" and of course when he grabs Elizabeth shoots the rope and goes flying off the Dutchman. Those 3 movies have brought so much joy into my life, I will never tire of watching them or any excuse to talk about them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:55 pm 

The entrance of Jack in POTC1 !!

Whoever 's idea that was (Gore?) It was masterful. An entire character has been explained. You know him, you are in love with him, you care about what will happen to him. And he did it all, in a about 2 minutes and without uttering a word. The music, the camera, and Johnny....together -- great, great, great film making.

Also the ending, Bring me that Horizon !! You just knew, Jack would be back!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:19 pm 

daydreamerx3 wrote:
The entire beginning of POTC 3 with the many Jacks aboard the Black Pearl makes me laugh every time without fail :capnjack:.
:lol: I guess a lot of us think of this as the beginning to P3, even though the film has been going for about 45 minutes before it occurs. :lol:

Captain Jack: "Well . . There is a chest."
Norrington: "Oh Dear."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:31 pm 

Kittycat88 wrote:
The entrance of Jack in POTC1 !!

Whoever 's idea that was (Gore?) It was masterful. An entire character has been explained. You know him, you are in love with him, you care about what will happen to him. And he did it all, in a about 2 minutes and without uttering a word. The music, the camera, and Johnny....together -- great, great, great film making.

Also the ending, Bring me that Horizon !! You just knew, Jack would be back!!

I could not agree with you more. :highfive:
Those are my two favorite parts of the POTC trilogy. Especially knowing that it was Johnny that came up with the closing line, "Bring me that horizon." Oh yeah--makes my heart flutter! :twohearts:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:25 am 

I like Jack best in Pirate's 2 when he was the chief and escaping from the island,that's funny and exciting! I also like that when El kissed him and locked him in the Pearl,I first saw the real scary on captain's face,I cried then,I would never forget he fall into the sea with the Pearl,I saw the brave and great Captain Jack again,but it's difficult to describe it....I also like the goodbye between Jack and EL in Pirate's3,it is touching and I feel sorry about them :-/ :ohno: (maybe..) :potclogo: :jollyroger: :jollyroger: :jollyroger: :jollyroger: :captainjack:

Last edited by Theresa on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited to add capitalization.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:58 am 

And these are my fav JSM:
POTC1
I know exactly what you mean, love. [curls his moustache]
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho [close the compass]

DMC
The curiosity.
Hello beastie.

AWE
Who am I? [Beckett shakes his head, puzzled.] I’m Cap’n Jack Sparrow.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:13 pm 

POTC1 - When he makes Lizzy put on his effects :love:
POTC2 - The infamous kiss
POTC3 - The beginning scene with all the Jacks lol. Some great quotations; "Gentleman, i wash my hands of this weirdness" & "Well we shall have a magnificent garden party and you're not invited!" :grin:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:41 pm 

Oh wow! It's impossible to choose from them all, but I really love his classic entrance from COTBP. With that said, I love them all.

Page 2 of 7 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next