G. DAHLQUIST Q&A with ONBC coming soon

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

G. DAHLQUIST Q&A with ONBC coming soon

Unread postby Liz » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:02 am

ONBC has some exciting news!........ :bounce:

We have been in contact with Gordon Dahlquist, author of The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters! He has agreed to participate in a Q&A with us. What DITHOT and I would like you to do is submit your questions to our Yahoo mail box. We will collate and organize them and then send them off to Mr. Dahlquist. Please take advantage of this great opportunity, and send your questions to us at jdzonbc@yahoo.com by Friday, January 30. You can also PM us.

NOTE: If we receive similar questions we will combine them into one. And we may not include all submissions, depending on how many we receive.

This is a fabulous opportunity to visit with the Mr. Dahlquist! Don't be shy... :blush: Let us hear from you!

Liz & DITHOT
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Bix

Re: G. DAHLQUIST Q&A with ONBC coming soon

Unread postby Bix » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:10 pm

Good work, Liz & DITHOT!!! Another author on the ONBC Q&A list!

Don't know if I'll come up with a question or not, but I'll be eagerly awaiting hearing what others ask and what he has to say.
Live! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! ~Auntie Mame

gemini

Unread postby gemini » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:54 pm

This is great. I can't believe you ladies came through again. Actually by now, I should believe it because you have pulled off so many feats like this. I think with Glass Books we should have no trouble coming up with questions. Thank You both :notworthy: :bouquet:
And many thianks to Mr Dahlquist for giving us some of his time.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:57 pm

We are really excited about this great opportunity! :bounce: Remember, you don't have to participate in the discussion to send us a question for Mr. Dahlquist, everyone is welcome to participate!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:35 pm

How exciting!!! :bounce: :bounce: I can hardly wait. This should be a most interesting Q&A!

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:38 pm

Way to go! This should be amazing! :cool:

I should know by now that when I say a book could have been edited better, you marvelous ladies will get the author to participate and I'll feel guilty. :blush:

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:35 pm

I hear you, fansmom. Maybe the editor doesn't know about the interview... :shhh:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

gemini

Unread postby gemini » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:39 pm

fansmom wrote:Way to go! This should be amazing! :cool:

I should know by now that when I say a book could have been edited better, you marvelous ladies will get the author to participate and I'll feel guilty. :blush:

I was thinking the same thing about my remarks about him being too wordy and descriptive and wanting to hit him over the head with his book.
:blush:
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Linda B.

Unread postby Linda B. » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:05 pm

As a bit of a writer myself, I think he's a fantastic writer & I'm envious of his ability to say so much. I tend to be far too terse!

I'm really looking forward to this & have to think of some of the basic questions I've had as I've gone along (thinking "If I could just ask him why...")

I'm really proud of you guys for setting this up!! Thank you!!

:grouphug:
"It's OK to be different, it's good to be different, we should question ourselves before we pass judgment on someone who looks different, behaves different, talks different, is a different color."

ladylinn

Unread postby ladylinn » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:12 pm

:bounce: :bounce: I can hardly wait . Good work Liz. Now I have to begin to think about some kind of intelligent question :lol: :lol: .

trygirl

Unread postby trygirl » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:19 pm

:thanks: Liz! I'm definitely going to have to think of some good questions for Mr. Dahlquist.
I'm not a brand, I'm more of a variety. - Johnny Depp

gemini

Unread postby gemini » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:37 pm

I was going to wait and answer a few more discussion questions before I send you some questions for Dahlquist, but I have such a hard time remembering dead line dates that I thought I had better send a couple now and more if something occurs to me.

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:43 pm

gemini wrote:
fansmom wrote:Way to go! This should be amazing! :cool:

I was thinking the same thing about my remarks about him being too wordy and descriptive and wanting to hit him over the head with his book.
:blush:

Perhaps I shouldn't speak for Mr. Dahlquist, but I suspect before he agreed to a Q&A he checked us out and discovered that we were a pretty intelligent group of readers. There would be no fun or challenge if we had no opinions.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:46 pm

gemini, thanks for the questions! :cool:

Noodlemantras and Zoners, remember that you can submit more than one question so send them on as you think of them. :writer:

nebraska, Liz did send Mr. Dahlquist the link to our board. I'm sure he was suitably impressed!
:highfive:

Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Announcements and Calendars”