It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Please click here to view the forum rules

Page 7 of 13 [ 181 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is there any Johnny Depp movie you haven't seen?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:59 pm 

firefly wrote:
Rita Rainey wrote:
I haven't seen yet Cannes Man and some of 21 Jump Street because they are too difficult to find :banghead:
(Ehm :blush: what is NOES? :blush: )

Nightmare on Elm Street :grin: :cool:
So far, I haven't seen
Arizona Dream
Before Night Falls
Dead Man
Lost in La Mancha
Private Resort
Ed Wood

I think I would have to say, after Captain Jack, the best, most intriguing performance I have ever seen from Johnny is Ed Wood...its so perfect. The movie is a cult favorite. I love to watch it. Check it out, firefly....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:35 am 

Lost in La Mancha

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:37 am 

What was that one called? Slow Burn? Other than that, all of 'em - would love to see more of his old TV perfs!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:39 am 

Linda B. wrote:
What was that one called? Slow Burn? Other than that, all of 'em - would love to see more of his old TV perfs!

I have only ever seen a few episodes of 21 Jump Street, so I'm lookng into buying the first few seasons on dvd.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:41 am 

Clarec wrote:
Linda B. wrote:

I have only ever seen a few episodes of 21 Jump Street, so I'm lookng into buying the first few seasons on dvd.

Those are wonderful to watch! You can see flashes of some of what he does now. He was a very good actor, even way back when!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:42 am 
JDZ Moderator

Clarec wrote:
Lost in La Mancha

Clare, it's a really interesting documentary about what went wrong with the film The Man Who Killed Don Quixote. If you do end up seeing it, be sure to get the 2 Disc version. The extra features has an absolutely wonderful interview with Johnny. It's around 20 minutes long, and Johnny looks stunning and tells some great stories.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:44 am 

Linda B. wrote:
Clarec wrote:
Linda B. wrote:

Those are wonderful to watch! You can see flashes of some of what he does now. He was a very good actor, even way back when!

Yes I can imagine. The few episodes I watched I thought he was brilliant for such a young actor.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:47 am 

Joni wrote:
Clarec wrote:
Lost in La Mancha

Clare, it's a really interesting documentary about what went wrong with the film The Man Who Killed Don Quixote. If you do end up seeing it, be sure to get the 2 Disc version. The extra features has an absolutely wonderful interview with Johnny. It's around 20 minutes long, and Johnny looks stunning and tells some great stories.

Thank you Joni, I will most certainly end up buying it. It is just a film of Johnnys that I have always forgotten about for some reason. I will buy the 2 disk version :angel:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:06 pm 

I have only seen GG, Sweeney Todd, Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow, Corpse Bride, Benny and Joon, POTC 1, 2, 3, Finding Neverland, and Secret Window. Does anyone recomend anything?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:13 pm 

Kookie-Monztar wrote:
I have only seen GG, Sweeney Todd, Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow, Corpse Bride, Benny and Joon, POTC 1, 2, 3, Finding Neverland, and Secret Window. Does anyone recomend anything?

You'll find as many recommendations as there are Zoners, but I don't see Chocolat in your list - is that a miss in listing or have you actually not seen it? If not - run to the shop, Roux is the dreamiest character he's ever played. And everyone will probably agree on Once Upon a Time in Mexico - not his film, strictly speaking, but Sands is amazing.
Personally, I like his films that are a bit off, like Arizona Dream, Dead Man and Fear and Loathing. But that's just me.

edit: Oh, and Ed Wood.

Yes, I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion. - Tom Wingfield, Glass Menagerie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:18 pm 

teacher wrote:
Kookie-Monztar wrote:

You'll find as many recommendations as there are Zoners, but I don't see Chocolat in your list - is that a miss in listing or have you actually not seen it? If not - run to the shop, Roux is the dreamiest character he's ever played. And everyone will probably agree on Once Upon a Time in Mexico - not his film, strictly speaking, but Sands is amazing.
Personally, I like his films that are a bit off, like Arizona Dream, Dead Man and Fear and Loathing. But that's just me.

I have seen parts of Chocolat once in my French calss. But people were talking so I could not hear. So you suggest Chocolat, Once Upon in Mexico, Arizona Dream, Dead Man and Fear and Loathing and Ed Wood. Can you PM me and tell me what they are about?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:21 pm 

Kookie-Monztar wrote:
teacher wrote:
Kookie-Monztar wrote:

I have seen parts of Chocolat once in my French calss. But people were talking so I could not hear. So you suggest Chocolat, Once Upon in Mexico, Arizona Dream, Dead Man and Fear and Loathing?

Well it really depends on what you like. Everyone likes Chocolat. Romantic souls like Don Juan. OUATIM is just plain nuts and JD looks good in it, so most people like that one, too.
Oh, and how old are you? JD's best acting, in many people's opinion, is in The Libertine. If you're old enough, it's pretty explicit.

Yes, I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion. - Tom Wingfield, Glass Menagerie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:25 pm 

teacher wrote:
JD's best acting, in many people's opinion, is in The Libertine.

Yes!

06.30.08/05.25.12/06.03.12
Heaven.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:26 pm 

teacher wrote:
Kookie-Monztar wrote:
teacher wrote:

I have seen parts of Chocolat once in my French calss. But people were talking so I could not hear. So you suggest Chocolat, Once Upon in Mexico, Arizona Dream, Dead Man and Fear and Loathing?

Well it really depends on what you like. Everyone likes Chocolat. Romantic souls like Don Juan. OUATIM is just plain nuts and JD looks good in it, so most people like that one, too.
Oh, and how old are you? JD's best acting, in many people's opinion, is in The Libertine. If you're old enough, it's pretty explicit.

I'm 13. and I will try to get all the movies you recomended. I movies lik Secret Window and Sweeney Todd. I also like movies lik Benny and Joon and Gibert Grape.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:27 pm 

Kookie-Monztar wrote:
teacher wrote:
Kookie-Monztar wrote:

I'm 13. and I will try to get all the movies you recomended. I movies lik Secret Window and Sweeney Todd. I also like movies lik Benny and Joon and Gibert Grape.

I'm writing a PM now. Wait for the Libertine :lol:

Page 7 of 13 [ 181 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next