Garry Kilworth Q&A #10

Author of ATTICA

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Garry Kilworth Q&A #10

Unread postby Liz » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:03 am

ONBC: What was the purpose of the inclusion of the Tarzanna girl with which Jordy locked eyes on pg. 266 and his memory of her at the end of the book? It was such a brief encounter that seemed to make such a big impression on him: “In that awful second Jordy had fallen in love and he felt a terrible pain, an unbearable ache. He knew he would be looking for this girl of the attic jungle in all the other girls he met, and none would ever compare with her athletic beauty or the character he had seen in those eyes.”

GK: Well, at that point in the story I was thinking of a sequel to Attica, and still am, but at the moment the publisher says no. If Johnny Depp makes the film, then I think I stand a good chance of doing a follow-up novel, in which Jordy will meet with his ‘brief encounter’ girl friend and they can get to know each other and possibly the relationship will blossom.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

ladylinn

Re: Garry Kilworth Q&A #10

Unread postby ladylinn » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:37 am

I will say that when I read that passage, I thought that the story of Jordy and the "perfect" girl could lead us into another book. I would look forward to that and also Johnny's IN bringing Attica to the screen.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:56 pm

I think a sequel could be quite interesting and I hope it happens. I'd like to see how their time in Attica effected them later in life? Maybe their children would take the trip?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

suec

Unread postby suec » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:55 am

I didn't anticipate a sequel at all, so that has come as a nice surprise!
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

Return to “Garry Kilworth”