Garry Kilworth Q&A #1

Author of ATTICA

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Garry Kilworth Q&A #1

Unread postby Liz » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:33 am

Noodlemantras, today begins the first day of the Q&A with Garry Kilworth. We are all so fortunate that Garry found us, participated in our discussion and then agreed to a Q&A on top of that. In my recent correspondence with him he shared the following words with me:

“I really enjoyed reading the discussion and think there's some very bright people out there. My regards to them all.”

We will post a question each day for 12 days. BTW don’t forget that we begin our special program “Autumn Authors” on Sunday, October 25. Look for our first reading to be posted that day.

So without further ado, we will begin with Q&A #1…..

ONBC: Thanks to Garry for being a part of our discussion and answering more questions. I thought your idea of the clocks and time pieces running backwards was most interesting and inventive. It seemed to be important to the story so the children could return home. Was there more meaning to it or are we trying to make more out of fiction?

GK: No, there was no deeper meaning to it. I just wanted to form the idea that clocks in the real world were going forwards, clocks in the attic going backwards, so time was standing still.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

nebraska

Re: Garry Kilworth Q&A #1

Unread postby nebraska » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:14 am

Yay! I have been looking forward to this part of our Attica experience! :bounce: Very kind of Garry to participate.

deppaura

Unread postby deppaura » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:31 pm

nebraska wrote:Yay! I have been looking forward to this part of our Attica experience! :bounce: Very kind of Garry to participate.

Me, too!! Will follow along enthusiastically!

ladylinn

Unread postby ladylinn » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:00 pm

:bigwave: Thanks Garry for coming back for our Q & A's. And as for the clocks going backwards in the attic - silly us for trying to find too much meaning to your interesting idea. :biglaugh:

suec

Unread postby suec » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:41 pm

It was great to have Garry chipping in with the discussion and now the Q & A is a real bonus! :bounce:
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

Return to “Garry Kilworth”