Alice Question #29 ~ Here Comes Alice in Underland!

by Lewis Carroll

Moderator: Liz

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Alice Question #29 ~ Here Comes Alice in Underland!

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:16 pm

Here we are at the end of another discussion! Thanks, Noodlemantras for following along and for your always wise and witty contributions! Don't forget to drop by after you see the movie and share your comments on the updated version. We're looking forward to seeing lots of you for our discussion of
The Rum Diary!
:bluecar:

And now our last Alice discussion question...

What are you most looking forward to in the new film version. Besides – :hatterspin: – of course!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

gemini

Re: Alice Question #29 ~ Here Come's Alice in Underland!

Unread postby gemini » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:18 pm

Wow I always hate to come to the end of a discussion. Guess I am spoiled to have something to check each day and miss it when we are "not in session". Thanks for another venture into the minds of all our fellow noodlemantas as well as Lewis Carroll.

To be honest, In Underland, I am looking forward to more of Johnny and Tim's subtle comedy, the types of things that are not so much a part of the story, more like the quirky things we had in Willy Wonka.

Off I go to find my copy of "The Rum Diary". I have not seem it for awhile but I know its around here somewhere.
:hope:
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Re: Alice Question #29 ~ Here Comes Alice in Underland!

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:29 pm

I'm looking forward to Tim (and Johnny's) inevitable take and stamp on the material plus what new suprises they have in store for us!

I think my son made off with my old copy of TRD but I did find one at the used book store over the weekend! :bounce:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:06 pm

I am looking forward to the colors, especially with the 3-D effect -- the big flowers and all of that. Actually, I I am looking forward to all the special effects stuff. I think this is going to be an amazing experience and I think I will need to view it multiple times.

Thanks for managing what I think must have been a difficult topic - a child's nonsense book with so many layers of meaning and innuendo -- I have struggled a bit with this one myself so I appreciate all your hard work even more than usual! :cool:

I will try to post my favorite quotes tomorrow.

deppaura

Unread postby deppaura » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:43 pm

I am excited to visually visit "wonderland/underland" As for Tim and Johnny, I am hoping I am in accord with their take on this story. I hope their artistic expression has levity and a little bit of reverence. Rum Diary, yes, it wasn't too long ago for me, but, it was a library copy...so..

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:43 pm

I think we just know it will be a visual feast, so just looking forward to enjoying it.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Eye candy, for sure, GG. :biggrin:

There are so many things I'm looking forward to, I can't name just one....the brilliant colors, the special effects, the music. But I also want to see Tim's take on the story, and Johnny's interpretation of the Mad Hatter. I am looking forward to being entertained, as I always am with a Tim & JD collaboration. Can't wait.
:bounce:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Return to “Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass”