Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

The Final Autumn Author

Unread postby Liz » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:54 pm

Saving the best for last…..

Our final guest writer is

Guess who

NOTE: Make sure you click on "guess who". And there will only be 3 questions due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

sweetchia

Re: The Final Autumn Author

Unread postby sweetchia » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:50 pm

Oh YAY! I cannot wait for the questions!!! GREAT CHOICE! :loveshower:
During a day, if you don’t make someone smile or feel good about himself, you’re not a man! I don’t think you’re fulfilling your part of the bargain as a human being - Johnny

shadowydog

Unread postby shadowydog » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:14 pm

:yahoo: :applause2: :bounce: *off to see where he was in his career when he wrote this*
I have nothing to do and all day to do it in.

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:31 pm

:lol: I may have just emailed my daughter to see if she wants to go to the Tim Burton exhibit at MoMA next week . . .

(Where do I live? WHERE DO I LIVE?!)

ladylinn

Unread postby ladylinn » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:33 pm

:bounce: :bounce: :applause2: :applause2: Is it Monday yet?

AnaMaria

Unread postby AnaMaria » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:41 pm

Heartbreaking beautiful ! I was just thinking of how important ES had been for Johnny (and for us !) when looking at Edward's costume at the MoMA exhibition (it's a glimpse in one of the videoclips).
Johnny writes with so much feeling. Thanks Liz for making me (re)read this.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:43 pm

You're welcome, AnaMaria. :biggrin:

Fansmom, I know where you live. ;-) How wonderful for you that you can go there. :cool: Lots of TZ moments in Alice, BTW (at least in the annotated version). Rest assured, those of you who have chosen NOT to read the annotated version will get some of the information in the form of tidbits.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:41 pm

Liz wrote:Fansmom, I know where you live.
I was in New Orleans last week (part of the reason for my lack of participation here) and encountered pictures of Johnny twice: once in a book on absinthe and once as an ES caricature by an artist in Jackson Square. My personal Twilight Zone apparently extends all the way to New Orleans. :blush:

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:57 pm

fansmom wrote:
Liz wrote:Fansmom, I know where you live.
I was in New Orleans last week (part of the reason for my lack of participation here) and encountered pictures of Johnny twice: once in a book on absinthe and once as an ES caricature by an artist in Jackson Square. My personal Twilight Zone apparently extends all the way to New Orleans. :blush:

It follows you wherever you go. :yikes:

nanjacb

Unread postby nanjacb » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:41 pm

I saw that very same drawing by the artist in Jackson Square. I thought about buying it. I am a native New Orleanian and still live here. and have seen several drawings by artists in the French Quarter that are Johnny related. Anytime someone comes down let me know, would be fun to meet up.
Nancy
Hold on... Willy Wonka

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:18 pm

nanjacb wrote:I saw that very same drawing by the artist in Jackson Square. I thought about buying it. I am a native New Orleanian and still live here. and have seen several drawings by artists in the French Quarter that are Johnny related. Anytime someone comes down let me know, would be fun to meet up.Nancy
My husband's first reaction when I said I wanted to go to New Orleans was "No, you don't," but after we went, he said he could imagine going down there again, maybe for a long weekend. (Don't take his initial turn-down personally; he'd only ever been there on shore leave so he'd only seen Bourbon Street, and he knew getting drunk isn't usually on my to-do list.) Lovely place--with or without Johnny references!

BTW, we heard a voodoo priestess speak one evening (Sallie Ann Glassman) at the Louisiana State Museum, which helped a bit when I read "On Stranger Tides."

Return to “Autumn Authors”