Attica Question #15 ~ People Who Need People

by Garry Kilworth

Moderator: Liz

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Re: Attica Question #15 ~ People Who Need People

Unread postby Theresa » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:56 pm

suec wrote:I agree that people differ in how much they need to be with others and also depending on stages in their lives. I live alone, have done so for many years, and am very happy. I chose this because I need a lot of personal space and solitude on a daily basis. I believe I was born this way but also am used to it too. I couldn't contemplate living with someone else. But it's balanced by going out to work and seeing friends and family. I wouldn't like it at all without that.

I'm much like suec here...I also live alone and wouldn't have it any other way. I am very content in my own company. But I probably enjoy my 'me' time more because I spend all day at work with coworkers and friends. And I can't imagine a life where I never saw my family again.

I think Alex really thought that he could do it since he was naturally a pretty solitary young man. But it was the boredom that got him. An endless time doing the same thing, collecting the same things...he had a mind that needed new challenges. And once that sliver of doubt planted itself in his mind, he realized that he did need more than the attic could provide. And that included not only new challenges, but people, too.

Return to “Attica”