It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Dillinger Question #3 ~ The Women in His Life
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:03 pm 

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:
Liz, thanks for clearing up the Mary question. Now I know why that rang a bell.

sleepy, to answer your question about the picture...the movie portrays Dillinger carrying a picture of Billie in his locket but apparently when he was shot the locket he had in his possession had a picture of Polly.

I agree they movie did not portray Polly as his girlfriend, I suppose because it was trying to tell a love story and that would have ruined the ending. The movie also hit the point hard that Dillinger knew Anna Sage for quite some time and therefore could have known Polly as well.

To add a thought on his feelings for Billy. I was re reading the part about Dillinger meeting up with O'Leary to bring money for Billy's defense and discuss tactics for Piquett to use in her trial. Strangely enough, he brought Polly along to those meetings. It doesn't say if she was in the conversation or waiting in the car.
He obviously still cared for Billy to be paying for her defense even though he was seeing Polly.
I am starting to believe he may have known Polly quite awhile since she worked for Ana Sage. He seems to have known Ana for awhile probably through his connections with the Chicago mob since she was Zarkvichs paramore. In my opinion the mob probably set him up a place to stay at Ana Sages and that is why he didn't suspect her and Zarkovish to turn him in.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
 Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:17 pm 

That's in an interesting thought, gemini. Maybe a good question for our author?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:09 pm 

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with? :-?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:11 am 

nebraska wrote:
If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with? :-?

I think that may have been very true. He was known for visiting houses of ill repute.
I didn't know quite how to say it politely but I thought he might have known Polly from before he met Billy. Since Polly was from Ana Sages place and they were both "Working girls". This is why he may have just went back to her when he had no relationship. As for Dillinger possibly having a relationship with Ana Sage. She was the Madame and having a relationship with Zorkovich, the cop, probably to pay him off so she was not shut down.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
 Profile WWW  

Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3