ONBC’s Next Book – Discussion Begins January 5

Earlier ONBC book discussions, Author Q&As and other news.

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

ONBC’s Next Book – Discussion Begins January 5

Unread postby Liz » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:04 pm

The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters by Gordon Dahlquist remains our next book. But we’ve moved up the date of the discussion to January 5, 2009. This is because there will be only a couple of tidbits on this one.

There seem to be plenty of books available, new and used. See the links below:

Click here to see availability at Amazon

Click here to see availability at Barnes and Noble

Click here to see availability at Random House

The other books on the schedule for 2009 remain the same, although the order may change. We will post the final (we hope) schedule sometime in the next couple of weeks.

We hope to see you all there. :hope:

Liz & DITHOT

You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

fansmom

Re: ONBC’s Next Book – Discussion Begins January 5

Unread postby fansmom » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:46 pm

Now, do I gift-wrap the present I just ordered for myself, and put it under the tree? :blush: "Oh, look what Santa brought me! Clever Santa!"

I've actually read about half of it; my library doesn't have it, so I got it on an interlibrary loan but didn't finish it before I had to return it. I had really wondered how on earth our moderators were going to get any tidbits from it.

I'll be out of the country for the beginning of the discussion, but feel free to start without me.

trygirl

Unread postby trygirl » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:05 pm

Good news! :applause: Right now I'm trying to finish A Moveable Feast, which I just purchased, so I can participate in whatever discussion is left for the rest of the year. I've been reading like a mad woman. :reader: But I plan on buying The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters as soon as possible so I'll be ready Jan. 5. :hope:
I'm not a brand, I'm more of a variety. - Johnny Depp

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:05 pm

Trygirl, :welcome: to ONBC! We’re looking forward to your joining us for the Glass Books discussion. Fansmom, we’ll miss you at the start of the discussion :-/ , but remember to feel free to comment on any of those questions you've missed upon your return.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

trygirl

Unread postby trygirl » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:16 pm

Thanks Liz! Besides Johnny, and the wonderful Zoners, the ONBC is my third biggest reason for being here. :ONBC:
I'm not a brand, I'm more of a variety. - Johnny Depp

Jennak

Unread postby Jennak » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:17 pm

I started reading Glass Books, and I can hardly tear myself away from it to go to work. This book is awesome. :-O

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Glad you are enjoying the book, Jennak! We hope you will join us for the discussion! :cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

ladylinn

Unread postby ladylinn » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:34 pm

Am about 2/3 through the Glass Book. I am not usually a novel reader (more of a bio reader) but this book has captured my attention and can't read fast enough to get to the end.

Jennak

Unread postby Jennak » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:28 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:Glad you are enjoying the book, Jennak! We hope you will join us for the discussion! :cool:

Many thanks, Hopefully, I'll be through it by then. :hope:

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:53 am

Me too! :lol:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

ladylinn

Unread postby ladylinn » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:09 pm

I just finished The Glass Book - WOW - Can't wait for Jan. 5. Also I am trying to line up my reading for '09. I know the schedue was posted - but silly me - I can't locate it :blush: . Please post it again or guide me to it. One more thing - my local bookstore told me that Daniel's Loser's Town won't be available until March. True??? Thanks for the help and if this isn't the right place to post this - forgive me!! :hope:

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:03 pm

ladylinn wrote:I know the schedue was posted - but silly me - I can't locate it :blush: . Please post it again or guide me to it. One more thing - my local bookstore told me that Daniel's Loser's Town won't be available until March. True??? Thanks for the help and if this isn't the right place to post this - forgive me!! :hope:

Ladylinn, no worries. It’s not you. I’m sorry you spent a lot of time looking for it. I took the schedule down because it is no longer valid since we moved Glass Books up. The books on the schedule for the first half of 2009 are as follows: Loser’s Town by Danny Depp, Parallel Worlds by Michio Kaku and John Dillinger – The Untold Story by G. Russell Girardin and William J. Helmer. We don’t yet have specific dates for these discussions. We will let you know the final schedule as soon as we determine what will work. And you are correct that Loser’s Town is not available until March 3.

Glad you are looking forward to the Glass Books discussion. I’m enjoying reading it. I think it will make for a very interesting discussion. :-O

ladylinn

Unread postby ladylinn » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:37 pm

Thanks for the update Liz. Now I can finish my book shopping while the Christmas special prices are available. :goodvibes:

Jackslady

Unread postby Jackslady » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:03 am

Because I work in retail, this is an extremely busy time of the year for me - but I have started Glass Books and I am hoping I'll be finished in time for the discussion!

I am utterly intrigued by it..it's unlike anything I've ever read before and I can't stop turning the pages!
"Easy on the goods darlin!"
"Tis not an easy thing to be entirely happy, but to be kind is very easy, and that is the greatest measure of happiness"-John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester

*Special thanks to es for help with my lovely avatar*

Beatrix

Unread postby Beatrix » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:18 pm

Do I have to read the whole book before the discussions start? :blush:

Return to “ONBC Archives”