What Johnny is Reading Right Now

Earlier ONBC book discussions, Author Q&As and other news.

Moderator: Liz

Buster

Re: What Johnny is Reading Right Now

Unread postby Buster » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:03 pm

It would be great to discuss Parallel Worlds. I'm not quite sure what the genre should be called...maybe "speculative science"?

Parlez

Unread postby Parlez » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:45 pm

"Speculative Science" sounds about right, Buster. :cool:
I just picked up a copy of PW at the library. I'm going to give it a try...take it nice and slow and see how it goes. So far, so good. If we DO end up discussing this one, maybe Johnny Himself will pop in once in awhile to offer his insights and clarifications...? Well, it's a nice idea...in a parallel universe!
Meanwhile, Charlene, thanks for the amazing description of the scenario in which you still had the presence of mind to ask your question. Great job! The follow-up question could've been, "So, what are you reading for fun?" :lol:
"Belay that! ...Do something else!" ~ Hector Barbossa
savvy avi by mamabear

venice07

Unread postby venice07 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:02 pm

Thanks, I have to read that. (More accurately- I have to see if I can even comprehend it!)
Charlene, you are amazing! :cool: If I met him, I probably would have fainted... :blush:
:heart2: Sami
"Some say to survive it, you need to be as mad as a hatter. Which, luckily, I am."

nickidepphead

Unread postby nickidepphead » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:48 am

:-O Just found this after reading that Charlene had managed to ask Johnny what he's currently reading - which is an AMAZING feat, given the circumstances, well done Charlene! :cool: This is exactly my kind of book, it sounds fascinating, I'm going to try and find it, thanks so much! :disco:
* So...directly from the beautiful lips of Johnny Depp - THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Johnny Depp Zone! *

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:04 pm

nickidepphead wrote::-O Just found this after reading that Charlene had managed to ask Johnny what he's currently reading - which is an AMAZING feat, given the circumstances, well done Charlene! :cool: This is exactly my kind of book, it sounds fascinating, I'm going to try and find it, thanks so much! :disco:

That Charlene is one good Noodlemantra! :cool: nicki, we won't be discussing the book until next spring so if you give it a go I hope you will join us!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Return to “ONBC Archives”