What Johnny is Reading Right Now

Earlier ONBC book discussions, Author Q&As and other news.

Moderator: Liz

LadyAbberline

Re: What Johnny is Reading Right Now

Unread postby LadyAbberline » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:05 pm

Way to go Charlene :highfive:

How amazing for you to able to remain composed and have the mindset to ask.

Thanks so much. :kiss:
:heart: KeithUrban 5*9*09 State College PA ~MY PENGUINS Won the STANLEY CUP!
Love my STEELERS, 6-time-Superbowl-Champs :grin:

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:29 pm

Parlez wrote:
Liz wrote:
Kittycat88 wrote:
:biglaugh: If it becomes a choice for the ONBC...we will struggle through together, although quite a lot of good writers are able to describe difficult concepts in baby-steps, thank goodness !!

If we can make it through Arturo Pérez-Reverte’s writing we can make it through this one. :grin:

No kidding! And I, for one, won't have to lament about being befuddled by a fiction story! :lol:

I don't know, Parlez. Certain folks out there might call this book fiction. :eyebrow:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

gemini

Unread postby gemini » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:26 pm

Liz wrote:
Parlez wrote:
Liz wrote:
If we can make it through Arturo Pérez-Reverte’s writing we can make it through this one. :grin:

No kidding! And I, for one, won't have to lament about being befuddled by a fiction story! :lol:

I don't know, Parlez. Certain folks out there might call this book fiction. :eyebrow:

Well I don't know about everyone else but I hurried up and bought this one used on amazon before the rest of the world hears that Johnnys reading it.
:grin:
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Parlez

Unread postby Parlez » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:39 pm

Liz wrote:
Parlez wrote:
Liz wrote:

Right you are, Liz ~ there may be one or two people out there who haven't read or seen 'The Secret' or who have no familiarity with Rozak's The Dancing Wu Li Masters or Jung's classic, Man and Time. I'm just glad that, judging by this selection, Johnny's not one of them. If we decide to go 'down the rabbit hole' with him on this one, I'm sure we're in for a wild ride! :thumbsup:
"Belay that! ...Do something else!" ~ Hector Barbossa
savvy avi by mamabear

Boo-Radley

Unread postby Boo-Radley » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:02 pm

Charlene you the MAN :grin: amazing presence of mind. Thanks so much for getting this little gem for us, as a Star Trek and Star Wars kind of gal, this just warms the cockels of my heart. Another book to add to the bookshelf. :reader:

Live in Depp
Boo
"With this hand I will cup your.... Oh goodness no!"~~Victor Van Dort

"The theater is my drug, and my illness is so far advanced that my physic must be of the highest quality."~~John Wilmot

Jennak

Unread postby Jennak » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:10 pm

Michio Kaku has been a guest on Coast To Coast AM several times, a radio program I listen to frequently. He is a most amazing man. I am not surprised that Johnny is reading his book. How cool! Many thanks for asking Johnny this question. :bounce:

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:42 pm

Jennak wrote:Michio Kaku has been a guest on Coast To Coast AM several times, a radio program I listen to frequently. He is a most amazing man. I am not surprised that Johnny is reading his book. How cool! Many thanks for asking Johnny this question. :bounce:

Cool! I think that this could be a very interesting book and discussion.....assuming I could grasp the technical concepts. :dunce:

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Mrs.Nobody

Unread postby Mrs.Nobody » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:56 am

Johnny has mentioned Stephen Hawking before in some conversations, he may have an interest in physics. :flamed: Very cool. :cool: And over my head by the way :headache: :freaked: :lol:
He has a way of huddling down under his hat and his totemsBut when the camera was on him, some of the times, he kind of beamed Johnny out It was striking, like one of those magic powers in those hobbit movies.John Richardson Esquire Magazine

MyManDepp

Unread postby MyManDepp » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:22 am

This just sounds like my cup of tea. :bounce:

Constance

Unread postby Constance » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:50 am

This sure sounds like a very interesting book. Fascinating subject! If it is ever on the list of ONBC book-discussions, I might just take the plunge and venture into participating in another book-discussion afterall, even though I might get in way over my head :blush:

Charlene, way to go, girl :highfive:
HUGE cudos to you for being able to ask this question and remember the answer :cool:
"BE the change you want to see in the world" Mahatma Gandhi

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate" Captain Jack Sparrow :twohearts: :grouphug:

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:57 pm

Constance wrote:This sure sounds like a very interesting book. Fascinating subject! If it is ever on the list of ONBC book-discussions, I might just take the plunge and venture into participating in another book-discussion afterall, even though I might get in way over my head :blush:

Charlene, way to go, girl :highfive:
HUGE cudos to you for being able to ask this question and remember the answer :cool:

Constance, this book discussion could be sooner than later. I'm not sure we can swing Glass Books in January, as planned, with the book publishing situation. :-?

Charlene is my hero! :notworthy:

Parlez

Unread postby Parlez » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:50 pm

I just got back from the bookstore, where I had a gander at the book - I must say, it looks very complex! The other one on the shelf by Kaku, Hyperspace, actually looks more readable. But that one, for discussion purposes, would be like 6 degrees of separation, whilst Parallel Worlds is a direct hit with JD. I dunno...I'm eager to hear what others think once they've had a look-see.
"Belay that! ...Do something else!" ~ Hector Barbossa

savvy avi by mamabear

Carol Darlin'

Unread postby Carol Darlin' » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:59 pm

I just had to pop in and see what Johnny is reading! (Thank you, Charlene!) Wow, that's so cool that he's interested in something like this! Very intriguing... :-O
"This is the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow...Savvy?"

"Thanks, Man. I'll do my best."

johnnybloom

Unread postby johnnybloom » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:03 pm

Thanks Charlene..for asking the question we all would die to ask.

His choice just goes to prove what we already new about him...he's beauty and brains all in one.. Makes me wonder what else ticks in his pretty head????
~3~
"Three is a sort of special number for me. It's a very creative number.
Triangle, trinity-you know, how two people make another person.
Three is a MYSTICAL, MAGICAL number."
~~ Johnny Depp~~

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:29 pm

I must admit this book has me scared.........but I am already trembling at the idea of Hemingway - that is a new venture for me as well. ONBC is about learning and growth for me - and if Johnny finds this book worthwhile, I think it is worth a shot. After Club Dumas, I feel like we can tackle most anything.

Return to “ONBC Archives”