Moving Day/Fondest Memories

Earlier ONBC book discussions, Author Q&As and other news.

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Moving Day/Fondest Memories

Unread postby Liz » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:46 am

Posted by: DeppInTheHeartOfTexas - 7/8/2004 (10:19) - 170.76.20.253

To everyone at ONBC. Remember to pack your bags tonight for the big move tomorrow. Bookmark this site as your new favorite!

We have had a great time here at the Zone since the inception of ONBC last fall. There are many fond memories. Wonderful discussions, fun threads, thud worthy pictures and new friendships are memories we will cherish. Thanks to everyone past and present for their contributions and enthusiasm. You all are what makes ONBC such a special place.

We hope to see you all at our new home. Come on over and help us make some new memories! We'll keep the light on for you!

Liz & DITHOT

Posted by: Tansy - 7/8/2004 (20:55) - 69.3.83.103

Thanks, DITHOT and Liz, for everything you've done to keep the bookclub fun, inspite of the old Zone falling apart.

I will definitely be contributing to the bookclub in the future--either as Tansy or a new name.

I found out today that a relative of mine who I rarely see, is a Depp fan and was walking around with Johnny's face on her T-shirt (and I thought we had nothing to talk about!)

Not a day goes by, I don't think of the Zone, Johnny and everything I've learned here. It truly is a phenomenon we all are a part of.

I have to catch up on my email too. I apologize to friends I have not gotten back to yet. But I will definitely see all you guys down the road.

Posted by: Gypsylee - 7/8/2004 (14:40) - 64.12.116.21

Hi everyone. My computer bit the dust for 3 days and I have missed everyone and all the news. When I finally got back I was shocked with all the changes and new stuff and felt like I was outsider trying to figure things out. I am having to catch up at work now and so I will have to read all the old posts at a later date. will the posts from this site be over on the new board?

Beware, I thought my computer was protected, but I was wrong. It was full of garbage that sneaked in and clogged the works up to the point I couldn't load a single thing. Took many hours and bucks to clean it up and have received new pointers on how to stay safe.

I am so glad to be back and was amazed how much I have come to depend on the Zone and ONBC. See you over at the new site tomorrow. I am assuming there will be an obvious spot tomorrow pointing us in the direction of ONBC. See you soon!

Posted by: Liz - 7/8/2004 (15:03) - 67.174.198.151

"will the posts from this site be over on the new board?"

That is my plan (From 7/2/04 until the present); but I'm waiting to hear if there is any legal problem with it before I do it.

Posted by: Liz - 7/8/2004 (15:13) - 67.174.198.151

My posting some of the archives over on the new site has just been cleared. So you can expect to see them there.

Posted by: DeppInTheHeartOfTexas - 7/8/2004 (14:51) - 66.69.248.59

"I am so glad to be back and was amazed how much I have come to depend on the Zone and ONBC. See you over at the new site tomorrow. I am assuming there will be an obvious spot tomorrow pointing us in the direction of ONBC. See you soon!"

Isn't that the truth! I go through major withdrawal when I am away. Glad you found your way back. Just bookmark the site posted above and you will see ONBC on the main forum menu. We are really excited!

Posted by: Gypsylee - 7/8/2004 (18:22) - 64.12.116.23

Excellent. I am already registered at the new site. It looks nice. Just glad everyone is going to meet up together again. I would have hated to see all this disappear. That would have been too sad.

Posted by: Liz - 7/8/2004 (12:58) - 67.174.198.151

What are your fondest memories from ONBC or the Zone in general?

My fondest memory of the Zone was finding out that there were actually other people out there like me who had the same condition as I before it had a name. And there were many who were over 40, like me. And the people were so friendly, articulate, funny and not really insane.

It's really hard to pick a fondest memory of ONBC. There are so many. I think discovering HST was a highlight. And there was something special about that first book--esp. because the movie was being made at the same time. And, of course, the friendships I've made can't be beat.

But onward and forward we go!

Posted by: nebraska - 7/8/2004 (22:28) - 209.50.5.118

There are so many in general -- new friends, a renewed interest in reading, an expanded mind and life. This book club is a wonderful part of my life.

The best part? I think reading and discussing Perfume. It was so far beyond anything I would have picked up on my own! And then, when some of the educated ladies began discussing French history, I was WOW-ed by the company I found myself in. I think Perfume was a turning point for me.

Posted by: Gypsylee - 7/8/2004 (14:42) - 64.12.116.21

"My fondest memory of the Zone was finding out that there were actually other people out there like me who had the same condition as I before it had a name. And there were many who were over 40, like me. And the people were so friendly, articulate, funny and not really insane."

Me too Liz! It is such a good feeling to be accepted by a group of ladies with the same condition and not be considered insane.

Posted by: Liz - 7/8/2004 (14:53) - 67.174.198.151

I'm the one who thought I was going insane.....until I came here.

Posted by: DeppInTheHeartOfTexas - 7/8/2004 (14:33) - 66.69.248.59

This is certainly my fondest THUD memory! When I opened that questions I literally almost fell out of my chair! If there hadn't been a back that chair I would have been on the floor for sure!
I feel so happy to have found the Zone and especially ONBC. I have learned so much from the JD fans that came before me, with me and after me. ONBC will always be a special place. The books and discussions have been fabulous and have opened my up my mind in so many ways. Of course, it is the people who make it special and keep us coming back. So remember, it's the people not the place!

Posted by: nebraska - 7/8/2004 (22:08) - 209.50.5.118

So remember, it's the people not the place!

Exactly, DITHOT! The last few weeks being homeless or working poorly have been really difficult. I am looking forward to our new place and sadly, must admit I am not feeling too sentimental about leaving here, although it will take some getting used to the look of the new Zone itself!

I am sure we are ALL going on the move, tomorrow it will be the same wonderful group of people in a bright new functioning place.

Posted by: Liz - 7/8/2004 (14:50) - 67.174.198.151

"So remember, it the people not the place!"

Great sentiment, DITHOT! That's what it's all about.

Posted by: Tansy - 7/8/2004 (22:35) - 69.3.1.208

My fondest memory was the Secret Window contest!

It was wild, and so much fun.

Posted by: Veronica - 7/8/2004 (14:00) - 63.172.63.195

I have too many to list. I like the phrase Johnny has always said Onward Forward. That phrase has stuck with me & has helped me too.

I love that I am charged with excitemnt to find a new book, to get through the book & then to talk about it with other people.

I love laughing with everyone and being ornry. Posting a hot pic & having everyone go wild over it!

I love the zone no matter where we end up because it has given me new friends & I have found one that lives nearby to share my obsession with.

thanks Everyone who puts in time to keep our groups going!!!

Posted by: SueC - 7/8/2004 (15:11) - 82.37.80.32

Fondest Memories:
Being hit by the train that is JDOCD
Finding the Zone and others who have experienced the various phases
Oscar nod announcement
Finding Oprah. Getting into books again. You know, nowadays, I log on here before I check the news board. I am very sad to be leaving. In fact, it feels just like how it felt when I moved house last year. However, we'll all be in the new home, so it will be fine and I'm looking forward to the house warming. Drinks all around. Or pics, anyway. here's one for the road!

Image[/img]
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Return to “ONBC Archives”