Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:14 am 
JDZ Moderator

DepplySmitten wrote:
Liz wrote:
DepplySmitten wrote:
Liz wrote:
Dharma_bum, Thanks for remembering and sharing the Donnie Brasco portion (I didn't jot that one down). That was interesting to me, as I only remember him saying in the past that he wanted to play him so that Joe Pistone would be proud (paraphrasing here). He had never given an indication that he didn't like him at first.

Just to add to this, when they showed the DB clip, Johnny didn't even watch the clip...he completely turned his head to the left of him and looked away. I had a very good view of him , and he didn't watch it at all! When some of the other clips were shown, he would either watch all of them, or part of them, but for whatever reason, not the DB one. I found that interesting.

I only wached Johnny, and not the clips, I couldn't take my eyes off of him :blush: :cloud9:

Thank you Liz for taking notes, your a smart one ;-) . My brain was mush!

Didn't he also look straight out at the audience during B&J instead of looking at the monitor? (NOTE: It was dark during the clips, and I'm embarrassed to admit I was looking through binoculars during each dark period to see what he was doing.)

Boy...hmmm...thinking, thinking :-? I'm drawing a blank here :blush:
I don't remember , but I'm sure your right! I am surprised that I don't remember very much, I mean the man talked for over an hour! :hypnotic: :blush:

It's obvious to me you were just "depply smitten". :lol:

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:16 am 

Liz wrote:
DepplySmitten wrote:
Liz wrote:
DepplySmitten wrote:
Liz wrote:
Dharma_bum, Thanks for remembering and sharing the Donnie Brasco portion (I didn't jot that one down). That was interesting to me, as I only remember him saying in the past that he wanted to play him so that Joe Pistone would be proud (paraphrasing here). He had never given an indication that he didn't like him at first.

Just to add to this, when they showed the DB clip, Johnny didn't even watch the clip...he completely turned his head to the left of him and looked away. I had a very good view of him , and he didn't watch it at all! When some of the other clips were shown, he would either watch all of them, or part of them, but for whatever reason, not the DB one. I found that interesting.

I only wached Johnny, and not the clips, I couldn't take my eyes off of him :blush: :cloud9:

Didn't he also look straight out at the audience during B&J instead of looking at the monitor? (NOTE: It was dark during the clips, and I'm embarrassed to admit I was looking through binoculars during each dark period to see what he was doing.)

Boy...hmmm...thinking, thinking :-? I'm drawing a blank here :blush:
I don't remember , but I'm sure your right! I am surprised that I don't remember very much, I mean the man talked for over an hour! :hypnotic: :blush:

It's obvious to me you were just "depply smitten". :lol:

:biglaugh: So true!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:38 am 

:thanks!: Thank you so much for sharing all! :-O I wish I could have been there too. :cloud9:

www.goodmews.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:56 am 

Liz wrote:
DepplySmitten wrote:
Liz wrote:

LIZ ... I thought I was the only one who did that. I thought he might let his guard down a bit in the darkness, so I was keen to watch him as well. Your assessment is spot on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:05 am 

Gypsylee wrote:
I haven't heard back from the ladies I e-mailed regarding this, but help me out here. Didn't (oh heck, can never remember the interviewer dudes name) start talking about how strange Johnny dresses and then at that point Johnny got one of those puzzled confused looks on his face and started checking to make sure he had on the same colored socks, shoes, okay shirt, etc.? The guy commented he didn't mean right then, but usually.

Am I dreaming this? I swear I saw that.

No you're not dreaming, but I don't remember the exact comment. Richard Schickel is the senior film critic for Time Magazine.

And Gypsylee, his socks DIDN'T quite match... that's our Johnny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:38 am 
JDZ Moderator

dharma_bum wrote:
Gypsylee wrote:
I haven't heard back from the ladies I e-mailed regarding this, but help me out here. Didn't (oh heck, can never remember the interviewer dudes name) start talking about how strange Johnny dresses and then at that point Johnny got one of those puzzled confused looks on his face and started checking to make sure he had on the same colored socks, shoes, okay shirt, etc.? The guy commented he didn't mean right then, but usually.

No you're not dreaming, but I don't remember the exact comment. Richard Schickel is the senior film critic for Time Magazine.

And Gypsylee, his socks DIDN'T quite match... that's our Johnny.

Good eye there, Dharma. I guess I wasn't looking at his socks. :blush:
I had no idea that he was senior film critic for Time Magazine. Hmmmm. I've since decided to look him up and found a number of quotes by him. Here is one that y'all might find interesting:

"A great novel is concerned primarily with the interior lives of its characters as they respond to the inconvenient narratives that fate imposes on them. Movie adaptations of these monumental fictions often fail because they become mere exercises in interior decoration."

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:01 am 

:-O thank you so much Liz for that detailed report .

It´s such a pleasure to read this thread , all comments and mentions ....
Thanks for that lovely funny tidbits about his socks :love:

I hope you ladies will continue talking about the event .... I want more details .

Thanks to all of you for sharing :bouquet:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:51 pm 

shadowydog wrote:
Gypsylee wrote:

No you are not dreaming. Richard said something about how he dresses, and Johnny pulled up his pants leg to check his socks. Now I am going to go nuts trying to remember what the question or comment was. :-? ARGGGGGG :banghead:

How is it we all ZONED out at that time. As I recall I thought it was such a funny reaction out of him. He started checking his atire!!!!! And dharma.........his socks didn't match? Do you mean they were the wrong color for the suit or they were two different colors themselves? He also checked his shoes. What a dork!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:58 pm 

Gypsylee wrote:
shadowydog wrote:
Gypsylee wrote:

No you are not dreaming. Richard said something about how he dresses, and Johnny pulled up his pants leg to check his socks. Now I am going to go nuts trying to remember what the question or comment was. :-? ARGGGGGG :banghead:

How is it we all ZONED out at that time. As I recall I thought it was such a funny reaction out of him. He started checking his atire!!!!! And dharma.........his socks didn't match? Do you mean they were the wrong color for the suit or they were two different colors themselves? He also checked his shoes. What a dork!!!!

I think she means that they were the wrong color for his suit..because they were the same color, he wasn't wearing 2 different pairs of socks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:50 pm 

DepplySmitten wrote:
Gypsylee wrote:
shadowydog wrote:
Gypsylee wrote:

I think she means that they were the wrong color for his suit..because they were the same color, he wasn't wearing 2 different pairs of socks!

:-O I'm still in shock and awe that ya'll were even there - and more, close enough to tell the color of his socks ... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:35 am 

DepplySmitten wrote:
Gypsylee wrote:
shadowydog wrote:
Gypsylee wrote:

Yes, the socks were a dark taupe brown and his suit was a warm cafe au lait... it didn't help that the shoes were two-tone rust and white (although they matched the shirt). HE LOOKED FABULOUS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:40 am 
JDZ Moderator

dharma_bum wrote:
DepplySmitten wrote:
Gypsylee wrote:
shadowydog wrote:
Gypsylee wrote:

Yes, the socks were a dark taupe brown and his suit was a warm cafe au lait... it didn't help that the shoes were two-tone rust and white (although they matched the shirt). HE LOOKED FABULOUS.

I had no problem with his choice of colors. They were warm colors. :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:35 am 

Nice review Liz!!! I will never look at Carmel without thinking of that suit!

I was fairly close and it appeared to me that he never looked at the monitor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:33 am 

I'm finally back home after a glorious week! It will take me a while to get caught up here much less come back down to earth. :cloud9: Plus I have to get caught up at work after a week away. :banghead: The way I remember the discussion about how Johnny dresses was that it came out of the question about Johnny playing outsiders and Schickel made a comment about the way he dresses following that trend. Then after Johnny checked his socks didn't Schickel back track a bit and say something like, "I don't mean you personally, but your characters"?

Hey there, JDOCD! I watched him sometimes during the movie clips too. Although I didn't watch each time. When I did it appeared he sometimes watched the monitor and sometimes watched the audience. I thought I caught a glimpse of a smile when they showed the fire scene from POTC. It was certainly a fabulous experience!!! :bounce:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:37 am 
JDZ Moderator

Hi JDOCD :wave:

And welcome back, DITHOT! :highfive:

I saw him smile during POTC also. He must have good memories of making that segment of the film. :capnjack:

Page 4 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next