It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 7 of 8 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:25 am 

MommaDeppLover wrote:
Gypsylee, I thought you only had tickets for the Movie?!?!
How did you get into the Tribute?!?! Lucky girl!!! You mentioned
that the other ladies thought that Johnny would introduce that movie, Ya I thought that tooo...glad you followed their lead....

What happened is that one of the Zoners had invited a friend to go. That friend declined and the ticket was offered to me. That's how I ended up with a Tribute ticket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:34 am 

Well, we all need friends like we can find here on the zone...
Gypsylee, you are a very speical person!! :angel:

The night of Nov. 11th 2005 will be remembered forever!!

By the way, I ordered the DVD of the AFI Film Festival. I sure hope they include a big chuck of time from the Tribute!! :blush:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:56 am 
JDZ Moderator

Gypsylee wrote:
"dharma_bum"
Quote:
I may have failed to mention getting on my hands and knees in front of Grauman's.

Yes, that might have enlightened them a tad too much! Honestly.....I can't believe we did that either. If I had been alone, no way would I have done that, but with a group of like-minded women..........all things are possible!

I was showing my DH the pics tonight. And he saw me in the hand and footprints. I hadn't really thought about how obsessive it was until I felt him looking at them. All he said was, "It looks like you all had a really good time." That's diplomatic. :lol:

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:04 am 

What wonderful words guys and I LOVE reading anything you write about Johnny..I loved what you said ,Gypsylee,about Johnny and his comment about diamonds...So funny your description of him trying to avoid watching himself...I am really pleased that you all had the chance to go and sharing it with us, is why this is such a special place. :cloud9: ..

I have faith in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:58 am 

dharma_bum wrote:
DS don't you just love it... Mr. DS has become a Zone celebrity. Hope you two are having a giggle over this one. Miss you guys already... although I have to say, I shared our weekend (well, the highlights anyway) at a work meeting, when I finished there was dead silence. Then someone said, "OK, anyone, try to top that." Major laughter.

More than a giggle...it's a crack up :biglaugh:
What a great weekend we had, and we miss you too! :bawl:
Your co-workers are right...this one will be hard to top! I'm wondering how I'm ever going to top seeing Johnny for so long , sitting right in front of me :-O :cloud9: ! I'll never be the same again! :cloud9:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:06 pm 

Location: Kentucky (KY); birthplace of Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson
DepplySmitten wrote:
dharma_bum wrote:
DS don't you just love it... Mr. DS has become a Zone celebrity. Hope you two are having a giggle over this one. Miss you guys already... although I have to say, I shared our weekend (well, the highlights anyway) at a work meeting, when I finished there was dead silence. Then someone said, "OK, anyone, try to top that." Major laughter.

Your co-workers are right...this one will be hard to top! I'm wondering how I'm ever going to top seeing Johnny for so long , sitting right in front of me :-O :cloud9: ! I'll never be the same again! :cloud9:

:lol: How could you be the same after the view you had!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:11 pm 

KYwoman wrote:
DepplySmitten wrote:
dharma_bum wrote:

Oh my gosh...no kidding! :thud: :thud:
I'm completely stuck in that moment in time :blush:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:39 pm 
JDZ Moderator

DepplySmitten wrote:
KYwoman wrote:
DepplySmitten wrote:
dharma_bum wrote:

:rotflmao: :biglaugh: Lucky Girl!

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:15 pm 

Liz, DITHOT, DB, Gypsylee, Luvdepp, DepplySmitten, KYWoman I hope I didn't leave anyone out... :blush: Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, for sharing your experience with us. I'm so absorbed in your stories, I can't get enough, and now I want to see the Libertine even more than before, if that's possible. :giddy: Liz I do wish that Schickel guy would have give Johnny an opportunity to talk about DM, talk about a missed opportunity. :-/

Lizbaba and DITHOTbaba, I can't wait for the play discussion to start, I haven't been able to read the tidbits you've been posting, hope to catch up this weekend. I hope that not diligently doing my homework, *believe me I'm not trying to be a bad student*, won't interfere to much when it comes time to step up and represent. :lol:

Live in Depp
Boo

"The theater is my drug, and my illness is so far advanced that my physic must be of the highest quality."~~John Wilmot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:19 pm 

Gypsylee -

I'm with you - I haven't gotten a THING done today. I have Johnny on the brain & it's sure hard to focus on anything else.

Dharma Bum , wish I could have met you in line. Maybe next time?

Take care ladies!

Ginger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:48 pm 
JDZ Moderator

Boo-Radley wrote:
Liz I do wish that Schickel guy would have give Johnny an opportunity to talk about DM, talk about a missed opportunity. :-/

Boobaba, I think that we Zoners should be given a chance to interview him. We would do right by him.

Boobaba wrote:
Lizbaba and DITHOTbaba, I can't wait for the play discussion to start, I haven't been able to read the tidbits you've been posting, hope to catch up this weekend. I hope that not diligently doing my homework, *believe me I'm not trying to be a bad student*, won't interfere to much when it comes time to step up and represent. :lol:

Thanks for reminding me that I need to post the tidbit. :blush:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:56 pm 

KYwoman wrote:
Joni wrote:
Hi KYwoman! Welcome home! I can't wait to hear all the details.....like.....exactly how big was his shoe size..... :blush:

BIG!! ;-)

Just a lovely picture of all your ladies. I wish I would of had the chance to meet you.

And of course when I saw how big his feet were I thought:
"Oh my.........Oh my, Johnny" :thud:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:16 pm 

My gosh, it seems like you ladies had such a great time! Sorry i'm so late in commenting on this (been busy with school) but I guess better late than never!

I love how most of the thread is centered around Johnny's shoe size (wonder why? :-? lol). I've read all the different threads and you all seemed to have a GREAT time there, watching Johnny right in front of you, and watching The Libertine. It'll be an experience to remember, that's for sure! Congratulations!

One question: Anyone know if the Canadian and American shoe sizes are the same? I think my dad takes a 12, and one of my guy friends at school (he's 14 years old) takes a size 13. I think the sizes are different up here though, but I was just wondering, with all this talk of shoe sizes :eyebrow:

Again, congratulations, and thank you all for sharing your experience with us! :cool: It makes it seem more real to me somehow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:35 pm 

DepplySmitten wrote:
KYwoman wrote:
DepplySmitten wrote:
dharma_bum wrote:

Stuck in that moment of time, DS? I advise you stay there, as long as possible -- and only come off of Cloud 9 to share any tidbits with us that you may have remembered spontaneously ... :sigh: It sounds like you had a beyond heavenly time - congrats and all my best wishes to you for getting that awesome seat :cool:

Ladies -- Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing all these reports ! I'm so happy that ya'll went and got to meet with each other, had a great weekend, saw Johnny, etc. You deserve it so much, and I can't wait to read the other tidbit thread I see floating around the ONBC waiting for me :omg:

:cloud9: = Kristen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:46 pm 

Quote:
One question: Anyone know if the Canadian and American shoe sizes are the same? I think my dad takes a 12, and one of my guy friends at school (he's 14 years old) takes a size 13. I think the sizes are different up here though, but I was just wondering, with all this talk of shoe sizes

US and Canadian shoe sizes are the same. Here's a link, just fyi, to a table that shows comparable shoe sizes from around the world. Just scroll down for the chart:

http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html

Page 7 of 8 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next