The Group at Grauman's

Earlier ONBC book discussions, Author Q&As and other news.

Moderator: Liz

Tigress

Unread postby Tigress » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:51 pm

FANtasticJD wrote:
One question: Anyone know if the Canadian and American shoe sizes are the same? I think my dad takes a 12, and one of my guy friends at school (he's 14 years old) takes a size 13. I think the sizes are different up here though, but I was just wondering, with all this talk of shoe sizes

US and Canadian shoe sizes are the same. Here's a link, just fyi, to a table that shows comparable shoe sizes from around the world. Just scroll down for the chart:

http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html

Wow, I didn't know that :dunce: . I was thinking they were different for some reason. Thanks FAN for telling me, and also for the link!
**I don't try to be Captain Weird, I just do what I do**
~Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars~ Casey Kasem

luvdepp

Unread postby luvdepp » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:52 pm

Hello All! I have been without internet access most of the day :banghead: and am finally getting a couple of minutes to add my thoughts here.

The weekend was one of the best times I've had in a long, long time! To be able to meet up with such wonderful ladies and see Johnny up close, being his beautiful, humble, funny self was almost too much! The excitement just kept building until he walked out on that stage and then it was all I could do to not go completely bonkers. There were a couple of moments during the opening montage of his movie clips where I let out a couple of audible sighs that the woman sitting next to me heard and gave me a funny look at. :blush: Obviously, she was not smitten with JDOCD.
Everyone has really described the Tribute and movie experience so well that I don't have much to add. The movie is incredible, Johnny's performance has got to be the pinacle of his career so far. Very powerful and moving. I can not wait to see it again.

Dharma_bum, KYwoman and DepplySmitten ~ it was SO WONDERFUL to meet all of you! And DITHOT, Gypsylee and LIz ~ once again, a great time getting together! I can't wait for the next get-together! :cool:
"So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself, who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on the shore and merely existed." ~HST~

zsazsa

next time!

Unread postby zsazsa » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:59 pm

I vow to never try to not check the zone again. I was trying to "be good" by not checking the forum and instead I ended up with no ticket to the tribute or the premiere. Unacceptable for a JD fan living an hour away from Hollywood. I've learned my lesson and I wish I could have been there with all of you celebrating all things JD. Thanks for the pics and I love reading all the info about your experiences.

denise

grauman's

Unread postby denise » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:53 pm

Wish I'd been there! Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Enjoyed the AFI stories.
denise

Return to “ONBC Archives”