Hello From Hollywood!

Earlier ONBC book discussions, Author Q&As and other news.

Moderator: Liz

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Hello From Hollywood!

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:05 pm

Greetings from the Chateau Marmont! Liz, Gypsylee, KYwoman, dharma_bum, DepplySmitten and luvdepp just had brunch with Ben & Jerry (Stiller that is). We passed Ashton and Demi in the hallway and they say hello. But that is small potatoes compared to last night. Johnny was his usual beautiful, humble self and somehow we all managed to maintain our decorum but just barely. When the cast was introduced before the movie, we were in the second row. He spoke and was very relaxed and funny. He said he didn't want to say too much because we probably thought he had said too much already at the tribute. We screamed a resounding "NO!" He looked over, laughed and said "Okay, let's hunker down. I have a lot I want to say..." He said the cast would stand on the podium during the movie and watch us. Too bad he didn't really mean it! None of the cast stayed to watch the movie but we did talk with Laurence Dunmore in the lobby after the movie. He was very nice to stay and talk and signed our copies of The Libertine. He said he knew how much Johnny would have appreciated our comments about his performance and the movie but he was tucked in at home as he was facing a long day with the press today.

We are off to visit Grauman's and the Walk of Fame. A more detailed account of the Tribute as well as pictures will be up later.

Wish you all were here with us!

DITHOT, Liz, Gypsylee, KYwoman, dharma_bum, luvdepp, DepplySmitten :wave:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

dramaced

Unread postby dramaced » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:11 pm

:bounce: Thanks so much for this enticing tidbit!!! Please post more details when you get time. So happy to hear Johnny wasn't nervous. AND HOW WAS The Libertine??????
Live as if each breath may be your last...because you never know, it could be!

es

Unread postby es » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:13 pm

thanks dithot for this,I think we all waited to hear from you,atleast I was.
second row,thats really close :cool:
glad to hear you have a good time,have fun and we be waiting for the more detailed transcipt.
and yes,how was the movie??
greets,
es
who laughs the last didnt got the joke,
freek&sjaak

kristen

Unread postby kristen » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:22 pm

... Can't wait for the more detailed account and PICTURES :) Congratulations, all of you!!!

I'm so excited for ya'll --- but have fun!!!

cait

Unread postby cait » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:31 pm

Glad you're having a wonderful time! But how could you not? Can't wait for more details of the weekend! :cool:
Dirt...this is a jar of dirt.

DeepinDepp

Unread postby DeepinDepp » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:31 pm

:snoopydances: Fantastic!!! Have fun, we can't wait to hear more and CHEERS to KyWoman, sounds like she is having one heck of a birthday!!!

Bix

Unread postby Bix » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:40 pm

:bounce: Thanks for the update, DITHOT! It's just been forlorn around here without all of you, but we know we are in for some great stories once y'all get finished doing Hollywood (and Malibu). **humming. . .Drive west on Sunset to the sea. Turn that jungle music down, just until we're out of town...**Have a great evening!
Live! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! ~Auntie Mame

In-too-Depp

Unread postby In-too-Depp » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:48 pm

Congratulations to you all and a big happy birthday to KY, I'm glad to know you're all partying together. I can't wait for your update on everything that's happened and look forward to your review of the film. Have fun!
And Wit, was his vain frivolous pretence
Of pleasing others, at his own expense

Rochester ,"Satyr" on Man

Mindy

What Fun

Unread postby Mindy » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:08 pm

Premiere Buddies............ So glad to hear from you, as I learned before your message that Johnny was actually there live, on stage and I became so excited for you knowing you were there too. What a treat for you to be in the second row and see him. I'm sure he took your breath away. How long did the Tribute last? Let us know how the movie was too, and can't wait to see all of your pictures. Cool you got to see so many stars at Chateau Marmont. Have fun for the rest of your trip.

:bounce:
MINDY
Johnny is "just about the nicest guy on the [...] planet. He's generous, considerate, modest, brave, intelligent, good-hearted, creative, funny, gentle, wise, loving, loyal, hard-working, and almost unbearably cool." Gregory David Roberts - Shantaram

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:22 pm

glad you all managed to meet up and have some fun, thanks for your account so far.

Chocolat

Unread postby Chocolat » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:47 pm

:disco: Very exciting news! So happy for you all. To see Johnny for as long as you did and so close is fantastic!
Enjoy every single moment and I'm eager to hear more details of your weekend! :happybday: Happy Birthday KyWoman....what a yummy birthday gift!
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Glendaleigh

Unread postby Glendaleigh » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:50 pm

I'm so excited for all of you and I can't wait to hear more!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Enjoy, Ladies!

Charly

Unread postby Charly » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:50 pm

:wave: hello to Hollywood

Glad to hear from you ladies , I can imagine you have the most wonderful time ever ~ wish you all a great rest of the day .

Very looking forward to your reports :bounce: ~~ I want details !
"He's very intuitive. It's kind of contradictory because he's incredibly intelligent and smart, but he will react from his heart and not from his head." ~ Jim Jarmusch

Johnny Fan

Unread postby Johnny Fan » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:53 pm

Thanks for sharing your report with us, DITHOT! That is so cool that you and several other Zoners were able to meet up and enjoy this weekend together. I'm looking forward to hearing more about the tribute and film, and I can't wait to see your pictures. :bounce: :cool:
"Breath. We tend not to think much about it. Each one is a blessing--every inhale, every exhale." -Johnny Depp

Veronica

Unread postby Veronica » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:03 pm

I am so happy for all of you!!! bummer Johnny didnt get to call me :lol: but KYs 3 am voicemail was very thrilling. Too bad I was sound asleep & didnt hear the phone. :-/ :banghead:

:pray: Safe journeys home for all of you!!! cant wait to get the full report! :disco:
Everything is always okay in the end,
if it's not, then it's not the end.

Today is a gift....Have Fun!

Return to “ONBC Archives”