Birthday Project Thank You email

Give in Johnny's honor and support a Puerto Rican children's charity.
Jack's Wench

Re: Birthday Project Thank You email

Unread post by Jack's Wench » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:51 pm

I was a bit surprised, pleasantly I hasten to add, when I got this email today so thanks for explaining PtP :bouquet:
How sweet of them to do that. :goodvibes:
Dreams really do come true!
Just Believe....... 26th April 2007

"We're having too good a time today, we ain't thinking about tomorrow"

flo116

Unread post by flo116 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:33 pm

I got one also. At first I thought it might be spam but then I realized what it was and felt very special. :goodvibes: I had sent a personal check. Many thanks to all of you on the Zone for making this happen. :worldhug:
"What interested me was that he has so many faces" "But each one is completely pure & innocent" Francois Marie Banier about Johnny

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:04 am

I received the email also, but I'd already been sent a hard copy letter via regular mail the first week in June. The letter is on official Foundation stationery and states the amount of the donation, but is otherwise the same wording as the email.

PTP - I have received thank you/acknowledgment letters from London and Madison as well, never an email. Just assumed it was because I always send personal checks, no paypal. This email is a first.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Snowcat

Unread post by Snowcat » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:19 am

Yes, indeed it is very kind of them to send each one of us a thank you letter!
I am saving the hard copy I got in my snail-mail box for my tax files.
PTP, that's swell of you to take care of the Paypal fees! :hug:
He said, "Wow, Very Nice!", and signed my painting. TIFF 2015.

ladylinn

Unread post by ladylinn » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:49 am

I just received another e-mail from Sonia of De San Jorge. It is in Spanish so I cannot read it. Did anyone else receive this?

If this is not the correct place for this question - please correct.

shadowydog

Unread post by shadowydog » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:05 pm

ladylinn wrote:I just received another e-mail from Sonia of De San Jorge. It is in Spanish so I cannot read it. Did anyone else receive this?

If this is not the correct place for this question - please correct.
I get emails from GOSH all the time. They are newsletter/request for donations type emails. Perhaps if you copy and paste the text here, somebody can tell you what it says.

I just received the same email. It appears to be an announcement for a benefit 5K race fund raiser. Here is the text; perhaps somebody could translate:

Sonia te invitó al evento '5K CORRIENDO POR PUERTO RICO A BENEFICIO DE SAN JORGE CHILDREN´S FOUNDATION Y EL CAP' en Red Internacional de Filantropía y el Tercer Sector.
Revisa "5K CORRIENDO POR PUERTO RICO A BENEFICIO DE SAN JORGE CHILDREN´S FOUNDATION Y EL CAP" en Red Internacional de Filantropía y el Tercer Sector

Sonia

Hora: agosto 23, 2009 de 2pm a 7pm
Ubicación: Milla de Oro en Hato Rey, saliendo de la marginal Ave. Muñoz Rivera
Organizado por: Banco Popular de Puerto Rico

Descripción del evento:
Banco Popular anunció que el 23 de agosto se llevará a cabo la carrera 5K Corriendo por Puerto Rico la cual cumple este año su quinto aniversario. Esta carrera tiene como propósito recaudar fondos para la Fundación de Niños San Jorge y Fundación Pro Departamento de Pediatría Oncológica del Hospital Pediátrico Universitario Dr. Antonio Ortiz (CAP).

La carrera se llevará a cabo a las 5 p.m. en la Milla de Oro en Hato Rey, saliendo de la marginal Ave. Muñoz Rivera. El costo de la inscripción es tan solo de $10.00.

Ultima fecha de inscripción:
On line jueves, 20 de agosto de 2009. http://5k.popular.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Y el Viernes 21 y sábado 22 de agosto en el Edificio Popular Center.

Ver más detalles y RSVP en Red Internacional de Filantropía y el Tercer Sector:
http://filantropia.ning.com/events/even ... gi=9ieAqCE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sobre Red Internacional de Filantropía y el Tercer Sector
Organizaciones y personas interesadas en la filantropía, voluntariado, solidaridad y el Tercer Sector a nivel nacional e internacional/
322 miembros
300 fotos
24 videos
49 discusiones
121 Eventos
196 publicaciones en el blog

Para controlar los correos electrónicos que recibes en Red Internacional de Filantropía y el Tercer Sector, haz clic aquí
I have nothing to do and all day to do it in.

audamay

Unread post by audamay » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:12 pm

I got one too Ladylinn only today and mine was written in Spanish also. :wave:

I just assumed that they were keeping us up to date with the organisation etc :goodvibes:
Dreams do come true -
29 June 2009 - 25 February 2010 - 12 May 2011 - then sealed with a kiss on 3 November 2011 then May 9th 2012

Quote "" you mean our grandchildren"

:paint: My Art Gallery

ladylinn

Unread post by ladylinn » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:36 am

Thanks Shadowydog and audamay - that is exactly what my e-mail says in Spanish too. Perhaps someone can tranlate for us.

jdpes

Unread post by jdpes » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:04 am

You are right SD, it's an announcement for a race in Puerto Rico in order to raise funds for two foudations (San Jorge children's foundation and other one dedicated to oncology in children). The race will take place on august 23th and to take part in the race every runner has to pay 10$. :cool:
Hope they raise lots of money with this. :hope:

ladylinn

Unread post by ladylinn » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:08 am

Thanks jdpes. And yes, let's hope they raise alot of money. :hope:

Kate_with_a_K

Re: Birthday Project Thank You

Unread post by Kate_with_a_K » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:58 pm

Lucky13 wrote:
part-time poet wrote:As part of my donation to each year's Birthday Project, I always make up the Paypal fees out of my own pocket, so that every cent you donate goes directly to the children. Part-Time Poet
How very kind and generous of you Part-time Poet.... organizing the project is quite a daunting undertaking in and of itself, but to absorb the Paypal fees as well, is truly commendable.

God bless you... may your generosity be returned tenfold. :smiliewithhearts:
My sentiments exactly. Thank you for your time and generosity, Part-time Poet.
"I wonder how the book got to Guernsey? Perhaps there is some sort of secret homing instinct in books that brings them to their perfect readers." - The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

b.p. olive

Unread post by b.p. olive » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:13 pm

justintime wrote:I received the email also, but I'd already been sent a hard copy letter via regular mail the first week in June. The letter is on official Foundation stationery and states the amount of the donation, but is otherwise the same wording as the email.

PTP - I have received thank you/acknowledgment letters from London and Madison as well, never an email. Just assumed it was because I always send personal checks, no paypal. This email is a first.
Same here. I received the hard copy in the mail already and I have also gotten hard copy letters from London and Madison. I don't do paypal either. Always personal checks. And, while I DID receive the e-mail that shadowydog posted, I did not receive an e-mail thankyou. :cool:

Thanks for the explanation, part-time poet. It's appreciated.
"I just don't, ya know, I mean, I just don't dance. Ya know. - - I don't get it. - - It's not my thing." -- Johnny Depp ("It Came From Baltimore" on the "Cry Baby" DVD)

Captain Jack: "Well . . There is a chest."
Norrington: "Oh Dear."