Announcing the Zone's 2009 Birthday Project!

Give in Johnny's honor and support a Puerto Rican children's charity.
part-time poet

Re: Announcing the Zone's 2009 Birthday Project!

Unread post by part-time poet » Sat May 02, 2009 2:50 am

shadowydog wrote::yahoo: :applause2: :bounce: I looked this hospital up as soon as he started filming there. I am happy to keep the tradition alive of honoring Johnny's birthday by donating to children in his name and it is appropriate (to me) to do so in the place he appears to be having so much fun filming his tribute to Hunter. :motorcycle: Off to stomp on the paypal button. :yahoo:
Thanks! :bouquet:

Watching The Rum Diary filming has been a wonderful introduction to Puerto Rico for all of us who have never had the chance to visit. I have been struck by the numbers of very young children in the meet-and-greet crowds. Clearly Captain Jack Sparrow is a big hero in the Caribbean! :captainjack:

It's a pleasure to be able to give something back to the island that is making Johnny and his Rum Diary cohort feel so welcome.

:goodvibes:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

Gilbert's Girl

Unread post by Gilbert's Girl » Sat May 02, 2009 2:53 am

:cool:

AnaMaria

Unread post by AnaMaria » Sat May 02, 2009 9:26 am

Wonderful project ! Thank you for doing the research and organizing this.
What a beautiful way to celebrate and thank Johnny for everything he gives us. :lilyrose:

In-too-Depp

Unread post by In-too-Depp » Sat May 02, 2009 9:44 am

Once again a most worthy cause PtP and one I'm sure Johnny would be proud to have his name associated with even in a roundabout way such as this. I love the birthday projects and have no doubt that every one has made a difference to somebody which is an amazing gift even though we're thousands of miles away. I hope we have a record amount this year although I realise that times are hard for everyone.

Thank you for the time and effort that I'm sure is involved in putting together a project such as this. :bouquet:
And Wit, was his vain frivolous pretence
Of pleasing others, at his own expense

Rochester ,"Satyr" on Man

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Sat May 02, 2009 10:36 am

Thank you, all - you've made it so simple to feel so good!

GAO

Unread post by GAO » Sat May 02, 2009 10:41 am

Thank you very much for setting up this wodnerful opportunity for us.
It must be so much work for the administrators/moderators who take care of this project, especially when we chose a hospital out of the US.
But thanks to you, it is very convenient for me to be able to donate to somewhere very far from my country just by a click or two.
:grouphug:
Now, I will keep checking the foreign exchange rate from time to time and will try my best to take the advantage of the benefit of the stronger yen!!!
Keep breathing.
Keep moving forward.
Be happy.
---Johnny Depp---

Lady Rose

Unread post by Lady Rose » Sat May 02, 2009 11:03 am

It´s my first Johnny birthday project and it´s an honor to give back what Johnny has done all the time for all the people ! Thanks to the mods for this wonderful idea :applause2: :smiliewithhearts:
Sorry for my bad English.

I'd just thank the people out there who have been with my up-and-down, weird-road, strange career and supported me and stuck with me all these years. I mean, they're my boss. That's what keeps me working ... Johnny Depp

safetymouse

Unread post by safetymouse » Sat May 02, 2009 11:56 am

Oh wow thanks for you hard work to set this up!! :grin: What a wonderful idea-I'll be donating of course!! :goodvibes: :bounce:
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.-Chili Davis

ladylinn

Unread post by ladylinn » Sat May 02, 2009 12:05 pm

I have been waiting for this announcement as this will be the first year that I will have the opportunity to join in. Another reason that I was proud to join the Zone. Thanks to Johnny for inspiring us and thanks to the ones that work so hard to make this happen. :smiliewithhearts:

pandora

Unread post by pandora » Sat May 02, 2009 3:18 pm

Great choice :applause2: It's such a wonderful tradition :grouphug:
Thanks for setting this up PTP and Theresa :bouquet:
~* Cherish yesterday.....Dream tomorrow.....Live today !! *~

Jack's Wench

Unread post by Jack's Wench » Sat May 02, 2009 3:24 pm

Yet again the perfect choice to honour a very special man. :heart2: :goodvibes: :heart2: :goodvibes:

Thank you PtP and Theresa for putting in the work to set this up. :bouquet:

Off to hit the paypal button right now :motorcycle:
Dreams really do come true!
Just Believe....... 26th April 2007

"We're having too good a time today, we ain't thinking about tomorrow"

audamay

Unread post by audamay » Sat May 02, 2009 5:27 pm

As a fairly new member I am so happy to be part of this wonderful Zone where all the moderators have been so helpful and considerate. Now I am very proud to be part of the Zone who have made it possible for me to be part of a Project to honour our lovely Johnny who gives so much to everyone he meets and of course all of those whom have never met him either. :bawl: I am hitting that button right away and hope that any one of those children can benefit on his behalf - children dont deserve to suffer and I am sure that he would hug each and every one of them if he could. :worldhug: Thank you Part time Poet and Theresa for making this possible to help them in his name - God Bless :angel:
Dreams do come true -
29 June 2009 - 25 February 2010 - 12 May 2011 - then sealed with a kiss on 3 November 2011 then May 9th 2012

Quote "" you mean our grandchildren"

:paint: My Art Gallery

part-time poet

Unread post by part-time poet » Sun May 03, 2009 1:03 am

MovieFan wrote:What a wondeful idea :applause2:! I've been wanting to take part in a birthday project(I wasn't a member last year). I couldn't think of a better way to honor the birthday of a man who gives so much to his fans :cloud9:!
I'm glad you'll be able to take part in this year's Birthday Project, MovieFan. It's a lot of fun, and it's very inspiring to see what we can do when we all work together. Our three previous Birthday Projects have raised nearly $17,000 for children's charities when you add up the yearly totals. That's something we can all be proud of.

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

donnamatrix

Unread post by donnamatrix » Sun May 03, 2009 1:37 am

Is this tax deductible? Sorry if it was already mentioned--I looked but didn't see.

lifted_veil_87

Unread post by lifted_veil_87 » Sun May 03, 2009 1:46 am

part-time poet wrote:I'm glad you'll be able to take part in this year's Birthday Project, MovieFan. It's a lot of fun, and it's very inspiring to see what we can do when we all work together. Our three previous Birthday Projects have raised nearly $17,000 for children's charities when you add up the yearly totals. That's something we can all be proud of.

Part-Time Poet
Oh, I agree with this so much -- I love Johnny, and am honored to do this in his name but it is such a great feeling to be donating to such worthwhile charities regardless -- I have 5 children and the thought of even helping out just a little is what makes this so wonderful. . .at least to me. . .thank you, ptp and all those who labor so tirelessly behind the scenes so we can participate in something as meaninful as this. . . :lilyrose:
"Depp is extraordinary. . .I mean, the currents within Johnny run very, very deep." - Michael Mann
gorgeous avi by Tammy Hanson