Loser's Town #27 ~ Self deception

by Daniel Depp

Moderator: Liz

User avatar
fansmom
Posts: 2059
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:50 pm
Location: Olney, Maryland

Status: Offline

Re: Loser's Town #27 ~ Self deception

Unread postby fansmom » Tue May 12, 2009 2:52 pm

gemini wrote:
Betty Sue wrote:
fansmom wrote:Me too!
Wasn't it armed robbery??
Yes BettySue, you are on your toes. I found it on page 220. He tells Ingrid why he was in prison.
Well, yes, but I want to know how and why. Did he just decide that it was a good idea? Was he working for someone else? Did he hurt anyone in the process?

And Liz, I would never have guessed that about your parents, because you definitely seem ready for adventure. Congrats on becoming your own person!

User avatar
Liz
ONBC Moderator
Posts: 12971
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:13 pm
Location: The Left Coast

Status: Offline

Re: Loser's Town #27 ~ Self deception

Unread postby Liz » Tue May 12, 2009 9:10 pm

fansmom, my parents weren’t all bad. They made me feel like I could accomplish anything I wanted to and allowed me to go away to college. It was at that point in my life that I began rebelling against their ways. But some things always stay with us and are a struggle to fight—like distrust of people and FLYING. But as the years have gone by I have become stronger…..the need to travel and pursue adventures outweighs the fear. And I never really let my distrust of people keep me from pursuing friendships. I trust more as the years go by. :chill:

But I get the impression that Potts’s dad did not believe in Potts or give him any support. I would have liked to have known more of Potts’s backstory. I wonder if Potts will show up again in the next book.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

User avatar
gemini
Posts: 3907
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:28 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Status: Offline

Re: Loser's Town #27 ~ Self deception

Unread postby gemini » Tue May 12, 2009 9:15 pm

fansmom wrote:
gemini wrote:
Betty Sue wrote:Wasn't it armed robbery??
Yes BettySue, you are on your toes. I found it on page 220. He tells Ingrid why he was in prison.
Well, yes, but I want to know how and why. Did he just decide that it was a good idea? Was he working for someone else? Did he hurt anyone in the process?

And Liz, I would never have guessed that about your parents, because you definitely seem ready for adventure. Congrats on becoming your own person!


I agree fansmom. Since I liked Potts what I really wanted to know was what happened in his past besides his father that set him on the wrong path since he so wanted to straighten his life out.
Liz, I was raised by your parents too. :lol:
Mine are still as worried as ever and still predicting another great depression like the one they lived through. I am not quite as negative as they are but they have made me into a worry wort. I am afraid to take my dogs for a walk for fear something will happen to them! It has.
Nebraska, I also was fascinated with the Edwards story. Like you there have been tragedies in my family and life never goes back to quite the same. I sympathized with the Edwards over the loss of their son and find this last escapade tragic.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

User avatar
Liz
ONBC Moderator
Posts: 12971
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:13 pm
Location: The Left Coast

Status: Offline

Re: Loser's Town #27 ~ Self deception

Unread postby Liz » Tue May 12, 2009 9:22 pm

Gemini, I feel your pain. And I'm sorry that something actually did happen to your dogs. I know it is a possibility. But they have so much fun when they can go out and socialize. My parents' dogs were so bored.

:lol: You have to laugh.....I'm watching the news right now and just heard that minutes ago, a Southwest airplane caught on fire (I think just before take off--still waiting for further details). But all the passengers were evacuated and all is fine. But Southwest is the carrier I use, and I am scheduled to fly twice this summer. :freaked:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

User avatar
gemini
Posts: 3907
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:28 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Status: Offline

Re: Loser's Town #27 ~ Self deception

Unread postby gemini » Tue May 12, 2009 9:43 pm

Liz wrote:Gemini, I feel your pain. And I'm sorry that something actually did happen to your dogs. I know it is a possibility. But they have so much fun when they can go out and socialize. My parents' dogs were so bored.

:lol: You have to laugh.....I'm watching the news right now and just heard that minutes ago, a Southwest airplane caught on fire (I think just before take off--still waiting for further details). But all the passengers were evacuated and all is fine. But Southwest is the carrier I use, and I am scheduled to fly twice this summer. :freaked:


I can't say my dogs are bored. They are little guys with a huge yard and you can't say the word "ride" out loud in my house. That worrying thing I have also includes planes. I do fly but not a lot.
Is it self deception when you figure the odds for bad things happening only apply to other people? With my luck I should think more like Potts. I am a walking example of Murphys law.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers



Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

User avatar
Liz
ONBC Moderator
Posts: 12971
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:13 pm
Location: The Left Coast

Status: Offline

Re: Loser's Town #27 ~ Self deception

Unread postby Liz » Tue May 12, 2009 9:50 pm

gemini wrote:
Liz wrote:Gemini, I feel your pain. And I'm sorry that something actually did happen to your dogs. I know it is a possibility. But they have so much fun when they can go out and socialize. My parents' dogs were so bored.

:lol: You have to laugh.....I'm watching the news right now and just heard that minutes ago, a Southwest airplane caught on fire (I think just before take off--still waiting for further details). But all the passengers were evacuated and all is fine. But Southwest is the carrier I use, and I am scheduled to fly twice this summer. :freaked:


I can't say my dogs are bored. They are little guys with a huge yard and you can't say the word "ride" out loud in my house. That worrying thing I have also includes planes. I do fly but not a lot.
Is it self deception when you figure the odds for bad things happening only apply to other people? With my luck I should think more like Potts. I am a walking example of Murphys law.

Murphys Law has been big with me this year. :-/ I'm glad your dogs aren't bored. It sounds like you have ways to keep them happy.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.


Return to “Loser's Town”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest