Moderator: Liz

fansmom

Re: Loser's Town #27 ~ Self deception

Unread postby fansmom » Tue May 12, 2009 2:52 pm

gemini wrote:
Betty Sue wrote:
fansmom wrote:Me too!
Wasn't it armed robbery??
Yes BettySue, you are on your toes. I found it on page 220. He tells Ingrid why he was in prison.
Well, yes, but I want to know how and why. Did he just decide that it was a good idea? Was he working for someone else? Did he hurt anyone in the process?

And Liz, I would never have guessed that about your parents, because you definitely seem ready for adventure. Congrats on becoming your own person!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue May 12, 2009 9:10 pm

fansmom, my parents weren’t all bad. They made me feel like I could accomplish anything I wanted to and allowed me to go away to college. It was at that point in my life that I began rebelling against their ways. But some things always stay with us and are a struggle to fight—like distrust of people and FLYING. But as the years have gone by I have become stronger…..the need to travel and pursue adventures outweighs the fear. And I never really let my distrust of people keep me from pursuing friendships. I trust more as the years go by. :chill:

But I get the impression that Potts’s dad did not believe in Potts or give him any support. I would have liked to have known more of Potts’s backstory. I wonder if Potts will show up again in the next book.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

gemini

Unread postby gemini » Tue May 12, 2009 9:15 pm

fansmom wrote:
gemini wrote:
Betty Sue wrote:Wasn't it armed robbery??
Yes BettySue, you are on your toes. I found it on page 220. He tells Ingrid why he was in prison.
Well, yes, but I want to know how and why. Did he just decide that it was a good idea? Was he working for someone else? Did he hurt anyone in the process?

And Liz, I would never have guessed that about your parents, because you definitely seem ready for adventure. Congrats on becoming your own person!

I agree fansmom. Since I liked Potts what I really wanted to know was what happened in his past besides his father that set him on the wrong path since he so wanted to straighten his life out.
Liz, I was raised by your parents too. :lol:
Mine are still as worried as ever and still predicting another great depression like the one they lived through. I am not quite as negative as they are but they have made me into a worry wort. I am afraid to take my dogs for a walk for fear something will happen to them! It has.
Nebraska, I also was fascinated with the Edwards story. Like you there have been tragedies in my family and life never goes back to quite the same. I sympathized with the Edwards over the loss of their son and find this last escapade tragic.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue May 12, 2009 9:22 pm

Gemini, I feel your pain. And I'm sorry that something actually did happen to your dogs. I know it is a possibility. But they have so much fun when they can go out and socialize. My parents' dogs were so bored.

:lol: You have to laugh.....I'm watching the news right now and just heard that minutes ago, a Southwest airplane caught on fire (I think just before take off--still waiting for further details). But all the passengers were evacuated and all is fine. But Southwest is the carrier I use, and I am scheduled to fly twice this summer. :freaked:

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

gemini

Unread postby gemini » Tue May 12, 2009 9:43 pm

Liz wrote:Gemini, I feel your pain. And I'm sorry that something actually did happen to your dogs. I know it is a possibility. But they have so much fun when they can go out and socialize. My parents' dogs were so bored.

:lol: You have to laugh.....I'm watching the news right now and just heard that minutes ago, a Southwest airplane caught on fire (I think just before take off--still waiting for further details). But all the passengers were evacuated and all is fine. But Southwest is the carrier I use, and I am scheduled to fly twice this summer. :freaked:

I can't say my dogs are bored. They are little guys with a huge yard and you can't say the word "ride" out loud in my house. That worrying thing I have also includes planes. I do fly but not a lot.
Is it self deception when you figure the odds for bad things happening only apply to other people? With my luck I should think more like Potts. I am a walking example of Murphys law.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue May 12, 2009 9:50 pm

gemini wrote:
Liz wrote:Gemini, I feel your pain. And I'm sorry that something actually did happen to your dogs. I know it is a possibility. But they have so much fun when they can go out and socialize. My parents' dogs were so bored.

I can't say my dogs are bored. They are little guys with a huge yard and you can't say the word "ride" out loud in my house. That worrying thing I have also includes planes. I do fly but not a lot.
Is it self deception when you figure the odds for bad things happening only apply to other people? With my luck I should think more like Potts. I am a walking example of Murphys law.

Murphys Law has been big with me this year. :-/ I'm glad your dogs aren't bored. It sounds like you have ways to keep them happy.

Return to “Loser's Town”