Loser's Town Question #8 ~ The Women of Loser's Town

by Daniel Depp

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Re: Loser's Town Question #8 ~ The Women of Loser's Town

Unread postby Liz » Sun May 03, 2009 2:25 pm

Peachy wrote:Liz said
Ingrid was another one I could not relate to. I guess she is the poster child for “opposites attract”. She seemed like a very sweet, giving person. She seemed very confident in herself—too confident in her ability to handle Potts. I never would have taken the risks that she did. I also don’t think that her living arrangements with her mother and what that entails would allow her the freedom that it did—to work and to have any kind of relationship with a man.

I was puzzled too about Ingrid, but then when I read your comments, it dawned on me that perhaps it is precisely because of her lack of freedom that she hooks up with Potts - she is not really looking for a long-term relationship, or rather she is but she knows it wouldn't fit in with the demands of her life, therefore she take the only opportunity she has to meet someone. Thinking about it it's quite sad really, for Ingrid, however at least it is a potentially positive for Potts.

You make a good point here, Peachy. One I hadn't thought about. Maybe it is an element of human nature to be drawn to certain types of people or people in certain situations because they fit into our own situations or needs at the time.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Peachy

Unread postby Peachy » Sun May 03, 2009 2:30 pm

Liz wrote
Maybe it is an element of human nature to be drawn to certain types of people or people in certain situations because they fit into our own situations or needs at the time.

Yes that's it - thanks for putting the idea into words! It seems like a plausible explanation to this incongruous match!
"If I'm going do to this for a living I want to at least provoke a thought or make someone look at something, however subtle, from another perspective." (JD on acting).

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sun May 03, 2009 2:38 pm

Peachy wrote:Liz wrote
Maybe it is an element of human nature to be drawn to certain types of people or people in certain situations because they fit into our own situations or needs at the time.

Yes that's it - thanks for putting the idea into words! It seems like a plausible explanation to this incongruous match!

Well, I'm glad we figured that one out. :lol: But is that what Daniel really intended? We will probably never know. :-/
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Peachy

Unread postby Peachy » Tue May 05, 2009 6:28 am

Liz wrote
Well, I'm glad we figured that one out. But is that what Daniel really intended? We will probably never know.

maybe not, however I will keep it in mind as a potential question just in caseyou resourceful ONBC mods manage to work another of your miracles and get DD for a Q&A ...one can only :hope: !!!!
"If I'm going do to this for a living I want to at least provoke a thought or make someone look at something, however subtle, from another perspective." (JD on acting).

Return to “Loser's Town”