PW Question #14 ~ A Symphony of Strings

by Michio Kaku

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Re: PW Question #14 ~ A Symphony of Strings

Unread postby Liz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:55 am

Theresa wrote: I have to say that I have both feet firmly planted in the intelligent designer camp. I was personally amused at Kaku's comment about a "cosmic accident" when he came to section about the Goldilocks Zone. An entire book written to explain that all of the universe -- all of the universes -- can be reduced to an inch and a half mathematic equation, where everything has a reason and purpose; and yet all of the events that make Earth possible and livable are just an accident?

On pg. 358 Kaku questions how a mathematical equation explaining the universe can give a personal meaning to humanity, I didn't see his point. (Of course, I don't understand a lot of his points :lol: ....but that's an aside) I think it is possible to have one mathematical equation explain it all and still have there be meaning or purpose to our lives. I don't understand why you can't have both. Again, I just don't get it. :perplexed:

Theresa wrote:In one other place, Jesus is told to tell his followers to stop singing praises to God, and he replies that if they were silenced, even the rocks would cry out praises.

T, can you give me the Bible reference? I would like to read it in context. No pressure. I'll understand if you don't remember. I have never been able to give out the exact verses when I have been asked. :blush:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:05 am

Liz wrote:
Theresa wrote:In one other place, Jesus is told to tell his followers to stop singing praises to God, and he replies that if they were silenced, even the rocks would cry out praises.

T, can you give me the Bible reference? I would like to read it in context. No pressure. I'll understand if you don't remember. I have never been able to give out the exact verses when I have been asked. :blush:

Actually, I can. I looked it up Sunday at church. :grin:
This reference is from Luke 19:37-40.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:05 pm

Theresa wrote:
Liz wrote:

Actually, I can. I looked it up Sunday at church. :grin:
This reference is from Luke 19:37-40.

Thanks, T. :angel:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Return to “Parallel Worlds”