Which version of Glass Books?

by Gordon Dahlquist

Moderator: Liz

SweetSam

Which version of Glass Books?

Unread postby SweetSam » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:43 am

I hope I am posting this in the right place.

Can someone please tell me which version of The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters the ONBC is reading? I noticed that there is a Book One that just came out in paperback, and the second book is due out soon. I'm wondering if reading the first one would be enough to join the discussion, or if the questions here are based on the full version. Actually, I could not find what the differences are when I looked online, so I do not even know if the 760 page one is a complete version of the others and whether the parts will be the same thing, just split up.

Or maybe they are completely different for some reason? I hope someone on the Zone knows.

My public library has the long one, with the same cover picture as on the page announcing the discussion.

Thanks in advance.
Depp: It's true. I don't sing along to music.
Q: "Brown Sugar" comes on …
Depp: I might sing a little harmony. I might air guitar. Drumming. I like to drum.

'ello, Beastie! — CJS, DMC
I wish to be moved. — JD as JW

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Re: Which version of Glass Books?

Unread postby Liz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:51 pm

Hi SweetSam. You've come to the right place. The new paperback (book 1) is equal to chapters 1-6 of the original hardback. Book 2 will contain chapters 7-10. Much of our discussion revolves around the first 6 chapters. But we are discussing the original book as a whole and will shortly be getting into areas involving spoilers for those who have not finished all 10 chapters.

You are welcome to join in and discuss whatever you feel comfortable with.
:cool:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

SweetSam

Re: Which version of Glass Books?

Unread postby SweetSam » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:57 pm

Thank you, Liz. I might be either getting the hardback book from the library or buying the 1st book this week.

I'll see how fast I can read it to join in! :goodvibes:
Depp: It's true. I don't sing along to music.
Q: "Brown Sugar" comes on …
Depp: I might sing a little harmony. I might air guitar. Drumming. I like to drum.

'ello, Beastie! — CJS, DMC
I wish to be moved. — JD as JW

Return to “The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters”